Found Deceased OR - Allyson Joy Watterson, 20, North Plains, 22 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
to the extent logic helps here (and it might not) if BG and AW were actually together at some point, without a vehicle, she should be within, say 20 miles of where he was found, because how far could she travel in a day? Presumably they were on foot on Sunday too, when spotted? she was under dressed for rainy cool weather and without supplies. if either one of them was in a vehicle or transported before he was found, all bets are off, IMO. another thought I have had is that if he was impaired (speculation), he may not be a good source of information and may really not know much, IMO.

"Watterson's mother, Misty, spoke with a KATU News reporter Monday about her daughter's disappearance.

"Her and I are extremely close. She's my best friend," she said.

Misty said Allyson lived with her and left the Friday before she disappeared to stay with friends. She said Allyson told her on the messenger app Sunday that she'd be home later that night, but Misty said she never came home."

'She's out there somewhere' mother of missing 20-year-old continues search

Last edited:
Noting:
  • Misty spoke with KATU News Mon about her daughter's disappearance.
  • She said Allyson lived with her and left the Friday before she disappeared to stay with friends. Allyson told her on the messenger app Sunday that she'd be home later that night, but she never came home.
  • "I woke up from work Monday morning, and I immediately started messaging her friends: 'Hey, have you seen Allyson? She was supposed to come home last night, and she didn't."
  • Misty Watterson said she didn't know they were looking for Allyson until after they contacted sheriff's deputies to report her as missing.
  • Misty said BG is in a new relationship with her daughter, but they've known each other since high school.
  • She's printed out more than 1,000 missing persons posters to be put up as far north as Rainier and west along the Oregon coast.
  • The sheriff's office said there were no new developments in the case on Monday but tweeted out the below video.
WCSO Oregon on Twitter

to the extent logic helps here (and it might not) if BG and AW were actually together at some point, without a vehicle, she should be within, say 20 miles of where he was found, because how far could she travel in a day? Presumably they were on foot on Sunday too, when spotted? she was under dressed for rainy cool weather and without supplies. if either one of them was in a vehicle or transported before he was found, all bets are off, IMO. another thought I have had is that if he was impaired (speculation), he may not be a good source of information and may really not know much, IMO.

That's an axis of 40 miles in each direction (so something like 1600 square miles).

That's an axis of 40 miles in each direction (so something like 1600 square miles).

I am sure the SAR people know anything that I am saying (and more), but it is a finite area. Some of it might be inaccessible- looks very brushy in the Sheriff's video posted above by Pommy. You would think that a person would take a path of least resistance, but some one who was hysterical or a perpetrator trying to hide a body would not necessarily do that, IMO, and we know that searchers, dogs, infrared and air surveillance did not work.

"Watterson's mother, Misty, spoke with a KATU News reporter Monday about her daughter's disappearance.

"Her and I are extremely close. She's my best friend," she said.

Misty said Allyson lived with her and left the Friday before she disappeared to stay with friends. She said Allyson told her on the messenger app Sunday that she'd be home later that night, but Misty said she never came home."

'She's out there somewhere' mother of missing 20-year-old continues search

so if she was on the messenger app, she had wifi.... from somewhere.

Hundreds turn out to find missing North Plains woman in Christmas Day search

Family, friends, and people who had no idea who Allyson Watterson was until a day or two ago joined search and rescue teams from Washington, Columbia, Multnomah and Clackamas counties to search for the missing woman on Christmas Day.

The search area covers miles of heavy brush and trees and steep muddy terrain.

While many of the same volunteers and paid searchers will be back Thursday.

Watterson's boyfriend, Benjamin Garland, is expected in court Thursday on charges not related to Watterson's disappearance.

Hundreds turn out to find missing North Plains woman in Christmas Day search
OR - Allyson Joy Watterson, Hillsboro, 22 Dec 2019*MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE*NO DISCUSSION
Working on her media thread

Yup. There is a lot of hearsay from those close to the case it seems and confusion about what they were really up to. Dad of the bf says hiking. Mom of Allyson says visiting a friend....sounds like neither are true.

Its terribly unfortunate that bf/dad waited so long to report her missing, if in fact they really did get separated and she was lost out there. Could have been the difference between life and death.

Anyone catch the presser? Was putting kids down so I didn’t get a chance to listen. ETA: here is a link to the PC:
This is where I left off in her media thread

Last edited:
I have a question hoping someone who works in an emergency room could answer.

If someone is seen under a fictitious name and police come looking for Allyson, would they only review records comparing with the fictional name or would they also check security footage?

Also, are there circumstances where the hospital staff would keep a patient’s name private from authorities? Like would they require a subpoena?

What amount of cooperation from the staff would you expect if there were any extenuating circumstances, patient threatened self harm, feared for their safety, etc...

What amount of digging would the hospital do if there had been a staffing shift change?
The only time as a LE investigator I had to get ER information for suspects who were injured it required a warrant or a subpoena.

Those are all probation violations for past offences.
No, the case #'s beginning with "19" are new charges. MOO

Search suspended for missing 20-year-old woman; 5 days reveals no sign of Allyson Watterson
... Jail records show that he’s been charged with four counts of probation violation and five counts of failure to appear, along with new counts of possession of a stolen vehicle, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, theft, and fraudulent use of a credit card. He pleaded not guilty to the new charges in court this week, according to jail records.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back