Found Deceased OR - Anna 'Annie' Schmidt, 21, Columbia River Gorge, 16 Oct 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've read rumors that Annie's cell phone has not been located, and that media reports are incorrect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't read any rumors, but have felt from the beginning that Annie might have had another phone that her family and/or friends might not have known about. If she did, that might answer the "How/When did she post the photo and Spotify link if her phone was found in her car?" question, too. Without knowing what time on Sunday the roommate last saw Annie or what time she arrived at the gorge (if it was indeed Annie who parked her car where it was found), the latter of which LE probably have been able to pinpoint by analyzing her phone records, I'm not even sure if the question is relevant, though; for all we know, it's entirely possible that Annie posted those Tweets and sent the Snapchat to her dad well before embarking on her hike (in fact, my understanding is that her Snap said she was getting ready to go on a hike, IIRC).

So it has been reported Annie moved to Portland after she got a job there. Is anyone privy to what kind of work she was doing? Annie posted on her FB page on March 24 of this year "I'm moving out of state for 5 months and selling my contract in the sickest get up round town!! 382 Wall Street right on the west side of the Capitol building!" Someone asks where she is moving to, and Annie says, "I'm selling alarms in Texas for 5 months!"

https://www.facebook.com/annie.schmidt.942/posts/10204284194784778

I really don't think this is directly related to her disappearance, but it just seems to me perhaps Annie was somewhat lost, or trying to find direction or purpose in herself, which I do not necessarily find unusual for someone her age, but in light of what has transpired in the last week, this post kind of stands out to me.

So it has been reported Annie moved to Portland after she got a job there. Is anyone privy to what kind of work she was doing? Annie posted on her FB page on March 24 of this year "I'm moving out of state for 5 months and selling my contract in the sickest get up round town!! 382 Wall Street right on the west side of the Capitol building!" Someone asks where she is moving to, and Annie says, "I'm selling alarms in Texas for 5 months!"

I really don't think this is directly related to her disappearance, but it just seems to me perhaps Annie was somewhat lost, or trying to find direction or purpose in herself, which I do not necessarily find unusual for someone her age, but in light of what has transpired in the last week, this post kind of stands out to me.

[video=twitter;790319133090951168]https://twitter.com/KOifusionpdx/status/790319133090951168[/video]

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-10-25 at 11.41.16 AM.png
    Screenshot 2016-10-25 at 11.41.16 AM.png
    357.1 KB · Views: 54
Yes this is exactly what I'm pondering. Add to that mom saying on day 6 of the search that she believes her daughter is deceased - it's unusual behaviour all around.

I'm wondering if Mom is just trying to be realistic and cope with her grief. If the weather was that bad it's obvious an unprepared hiker would not survive 6 days later. What I did find interesting is that mom was quoted saying something about her finding comfort that Annie was with our Heavenly Father and not hurting or suffering anymore. Was she just assuming that being lost in the wilderness she would be hurting and suffering or was there some other type of hurt she had been going through? Sorry if someone else has brought this up; I'm all over the place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

No info has surfaced that I have seen regarding a boyfriend but she has a picture posted on her Twitter on Oct 7 with a guy in the picture and made it her background photo.

https://twitter.com/gurlboarder/media

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-10-25 at 12.47.04 PM.png
    Screenshot 2016-10-25 at 12.47.04 PM.png
    311.7 KB · Views: 70
I'm wondering if Mom is just trying to be realistic and cope with her grief. If the weather was that bad it's obvious an unprepared hiker would not survive 6 days later. What I did find interesting is that mom was quoted saying something about her finding comfort that Annie was with our Heavenly Father and not hurting or suffering anymore. Was she just assuming that being lost in the wilderness she would be hurting and suffering or was there some other type of hurt she had been going through? Sorry if someone else has brought this up; I'm all over the place.

"I don’t think she’s still alive. I don’t think she’s survived,” Michelle Schmidt told KOIN 6 News. “Honestly, that brings me comfort knowing she is with her Heavenly Father, that she’s not hurting, that she’s not suffering. But we do want to find her body.”
http://nbc4i.com/2016/10/22/missing-hikers-mom-i-dont-think-shes-survived/

I think she's being realistic and stoic, and being Mormon, has a strong conviction that death isn't a tragedy. This is different than how mothers are supposed to behave in mainstream secular society, but I don't think it's suspicious.

I have seen seasoned hikers hike in any weather here. As a family we hiked in the same area where Annie went. The only difference was we had equipment. That particular weekend was nasty to be outside but Annie is young and ppl her age live differently and take more risks. I still think she had an accident if she decided to hike there or I'm leaning to believe she is with someone and they took off somewhere.

Part of me wants to believe that this is a case similar to Hannah Thomas-Garner, the Ashland teen that staged a car vandalism/ransack before heading out into the woods with friends in an ill-advised effort to explore youthful freedom, because that would mean she was still alive, but I'm not optimistic. I've seen two separate claims of sightings, one sounded more likely than the other, has anyone heard any more about either of these?

The one I thought sounded most likely was a woman that claims to have likely seen Annie passing her on the trail hiking - which would be good confirmation that she did indeed make it out hiking and help narrow the area. The other sighting is from the FB missing page and claims that she was seen in Troutdale at a truckstop looking for a ride to California (this was what made me think of Hannah Thomas-Garner). I wish we knew if investigators put any merit in either of these.

Her Twitter shows me some emotional instability. I think she disappeared into the wilderness intentionally and is no longer alive.

All this talk about her phone having a crappy battery may be why she left it behind. Well imo for someone that uses alot of social media, and unless she is using a laptop or desktop, she would most likely have a phone charger with her. Maby it was stolen when the car was broken into. I know personally when i go anywhere but around town I always have a cell phone charger in my car. I guess I don't think she left her phone behind IF she went hiking..

And still now news about the make/model/ color/ licence plate of her car???why?? They assume she drove it there.. yes I saw that half *advertiser censored* picture of the 3 vehicles, search and rescue and maby part of her's. Anyway the car info needs to be released. It may help someone remember something. Geez

Part of me wants to believe that this is a case similar to Hannah Thomas-Garner, the Ashland teen that staged a car vandalism/ransack before heading out into the woods with friends in an ill-advised effort to explore youthful freedom, because that would mean she was still alive, but I'm not optimistic. I've seen two separate claims of sightings, one sounded more likely than the other, has anyone heard any more about either of these?

The one I thought sounded most likely was a woman that claims to have likely seen Annie passing her on the trail hiking - which would be good confirmation that she did indeed make it out hiking and help narrow the area. The other sighting is from the FB missing page and claims that she was seen in Troutdale at a truckstop looking for a ride to California (this was what made me think of Hannah Thomas-Garner). I wish we knew if investigators put any merit in either of these.
Did the source of these sightings seem like they could be accurate?

Her Twitter shows me some emotional instability. I think she disappeared into the wilderness intentionally and is no longer alive.
I picked up on the emotionality trait, but I wasn't sure if she would take it that far. I wondered if coming from a straight laced background could have made her run away, if she had difficulty fitting into the role she was expected to play. I would love to think she made a break for some kind of freedom, rather than hiking, since I think it might mean she is alive.

All this talk about her phone having a crappy battery may be why she left it behind. Well imo for someone that uses alot of social media, and unless she is using a laptop or desktop, she would most likely have a phone charger with her. Maby it was stolen when the car was broken into. I know personally when i go anywhere but around town I always have a cell phone charger in my car. I guess I don't think she left her phone behind IF she went hiking..

She vanished a day before moms arrival. So what if she ran away to not deal with things. Idk

I know her father is LDS and I wonder if he wanted her to sell alarms in Texas. I wonder if she was going to sell for Vivint. I have a lot of LDS/Mormons in my family and selling residential security services is pretty popular. Viivint is based out of Provo, UT.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/vivint-smart-home-provo.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back