OR - Emilio Hoffman, 14, killed in Troutdale high school shooting, 10 June 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It will be interesting to hear what the coach has to say as he was an eye witness. I read the tweets where students said he was a hero. Was the weight room close to the office? I wonder what the protocol is when someone encounters a shooter in school. If the shooter wanted to take out a bunch of kids, he could have done so on the school bus. I wonder too if the coach was the target.

My conclusion is that the gun store owners are not doing it. They have bills to pay too. Some crack and$40 its yours …………………………we are being naïve

Are you serious????

FFL Dealers typically spend a LOT of money opening a store front, if they have a criminal background they will NOT get an FFL licence. If they are caught selling weapons without doing background checks their license will be revoked and they can end up doing prison time.

I can't imagine ANY gun store owners risking that just to make a sale, even if they were "bribed". Fact is many thugs simply get a "straw buyer" like a girlfriend or neighbor with a clean record if they want to buy a gun but can't pass the test, that solution is much simpler and much more widely used.

It's not just a cycle of mental health issues, it's never just any one thing that creates these shooters.

Nancy Lanza's obsession with guns was beyond the pale. She believed in paranoid "prepper" "end of days' ideologies. She was what one would definitely call a "Gun Nut".

Lanza had a "normal" brother in the sense that he never became a mass murderer for sure and did not suffer from the same psychosocial problems that his brother did. Other than that, I do not know much about him.

Also, you can definitely raise two children in the same exact home, with the same exact parents and socialization and end up with two very different individuals.

That does not take away from the fact that Adam Lanza's mother socialized him to have an unhealthy, toxic, obsessive, relationship with guns. Even in the face of his MAJOR illnesses. She saw nothing wrong with it, which is why she did it to begin with yknow?

There is no denying that.

IMHO she didn't see red flags because she shared similar mental problems and obsessions.

In this case and with Adam Lanza, I'd say parents should be much more concerned about some obsession with guns. Where does a 15 year old get the idea to join some of the 'adult' groups he joined like "We Will Not be Disarmed"? Why do parents not pay attention to these signs. Why are there any guns 'available' to a kid or a mentally ill person.

I don't care what these parents or the police are saying, if they wanted to secure their guns so their kids could NOT get at them, they could. PERIOD!

I know this is not the same in all cases, but we need to prosecute gun owners who let others have access to their guns... if it's your gun, then only you should have access. Nancy Lanza just basically let her severely mentally ill hate/war/violence obsessed son have access and even gave him one as a Christmas present.

In the Las Vegas case, they managed to obtain 3 guns (all legally purchased I think, but he was not allowed to have a gun nor live with someone who had a gun). None of their guns were registered.... you should have to register any gun upon purchase, shouldn't you? Is it voluntary?
I am sorry guys- Adam was autistic. Lots of folks are applying "normative" thinking patterns (just like ER) to these kids. They are ill = they do not process the world around them the way folks not suffering with autism do .

Until that can be "grasped" lots are going to give Asam or ER capacites they do not pocess - its mental illiness.

Many think noone is seriously ill unless they are talking to clouds. The majority of folks suffering with valid metnal illiness are your neighbors, your teachers, your boss, etc.

Until the ravages of mental illiness are truly grasped lots are going to continue to hold onto "capacities" that the severly ill do NOT pocess.

They are sick.....................................................

And OF COURSE he had a gun fetish. Of course he did. Don't. They. All.?

What do they call them now? Ammosexuals? I think it should be added to the DSM at this point as a mental illness. I'm not even being facetious. Why are they all obsessed with guns? An object of death, war, killing, and violence?

That and people who stockpile guns and food because they are terrified of the government "takeover" and have weirdo Apocalypse, Zombie, "Prepper" fantasies.

You know what that is? It's paranoid and delusional and not a stable thought process. Omg.
They are mentally ill .........................................................................................

IMHO she didn't see red flags because she shared similar mental problems and obsessions.

Exactly. She was unstable, no one intervened, and she passed this trait on to her son who especially susceptible to her behavior.

Someone in ROTC, brother is a vet, who likes guns and stuff wouldn't have made me think twice about the pages he liked. Maybe the red flags were not so obvious in this case.

As far as access to guns and background checks, I do believe in Texas that if you buy from a private seller a background check is not needed. Not sure if that is how it works elsewhere.

Lanza was not Autistic although he was on the spectrum and had Aspergers.

And Autism and Asperger's are social disorders.

He also had forms of OCD and another brain disorder that made him sensitive to touch and sound. He couldn't even stand the feeling of his clothes on his body and changed multiple times per day.

He also couldn't feel pain.

He was ridden with psychosocial issues, was raised by a gun enthusiast, an irresponsible one at that, and was allowed to lock himself in his room 24 hours per day and consume nothing but violent imagery in the form of first person shooter games.

More guns, more violence, more shooting, more death, for Adam's appetite. For his already disordered and unwell mind.Let's take him target shooting! Let's ignore the Dr's orders for medication! And hey, let's not only give him access to the guns in the home, let's buy him guns as well, as gifts.

I mean. It's just ludicrous.

Lanza was not Autistic although he was on the spectrum and had Asperger's.

And Autism and Asperger's are social disorders.

He also had forms of OCD and another brain disorder that made him sensitive to touch and sound. He couldn't even stand the feeling of his clothes on his body and changed multiple times per day.

He also couldn't feel pain.

He was ridden with psychosocial issues, was raised by a gun enthusiast, an irresponsible one at that, and was allowed to lock himself in his room 24 hours per day and consume nothing but violent imagery in the form of first person shooter games.

More guns, more violence, more shooting, more death, for Adam's appetite. For his already disordered and unwell mind.Let's take him target shooting! Let's ignore the Dr's orders for medication! And hey, let's not only give him access to the guns in the home, let's buy him guns as well, as gifts.

I mean. It's just ludicrous.

Eric Harris's father, and I also believe Kip Kinkel's father, brought them shooting as a way to forge a "bond" with them.

Then there was the sniper killed, who took PTSD sufferer to the shooting range.

Guns do not equal therapy, love, or attention! :banghead:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric Harris's father, and I also believe Kip Kinkel's father, brought them shooting as a way to forge a "bond" with them.

Then there was the sniper killed, who took PTSD sufferer to the shooting range.

Guns do not equal therapy, love, or attention! :banghead:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. Totally tied to the narratives of Hypermasculinity in this country as well.

Must get gun to be a man. Must be aggressive. Must be violent. Dominant. Aggressive.

And If I am not living up to those narratives in real life, I'll create a fantasy life, through video games, I'll join the military, oh they won't have me? Then...eventually, I'll show you all how much of a man I am. Eric's father was very high up in the military and Eric had just been denied by The Marines.

I can't deal.

The new Diagnostic and StatisticalManual, I believe, no longer recognizes Aspergers as a separate disorder from autism, there is just the autism spectrum, with aspergers symptoms on the higher functioning end of it. Sorry I am too tired from work to get a Link right now, but that's what I have been told.
I trying to remember the name of the movie, true story of an amazing woman with autism... I suggest it, helps better understand the different reality/ world perception. Anybody know the name?

Food For Thought:

Initial reports were that the gunman was armed with an AR-15 rifle, the same kind of weapon Adam Lanza used to slaughter 20 students and six staffers at the Sandy Hook school.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ckdown-report-article-1.1823812#ixzz34N1wmqvG

This has now been confirmed through this morning's press conference.

Same gun. Y'know the type that our soldiers use in war zones.

Can anyone give me a sane explanation why any citizen should possess this gun?

SMFH

Charge the parent who legally owned the gun with 1 count of negligent homicide and one count of some sort of negligent crime for the injured coach. It's time!

Have smaller classes, smaller community schools. This HS was way too big to monitor the kids. Realistically over 10 students per teacher is too many to control or properly connect with.

Baloney

And OF COURSE he had a gun fetish. Of course he did. Don't. They. All.?

What do they call them now? Ammosexuals? I think it should be added to the DSM at this point as a mental illness. I'm not even being facetious. Why are they all obsessed with guns? An object of death, war, killing, and violence?

You know what that is? It's paranoid and delusional and not a stable thought process. Omg.

They? Who specifically is "they"? The rampage shooters or ANY gun owner that likes to have a variety of weapons?

Charge the parent who legally owned the gun with 1 count of negligent homicide and one count of some sort of negligent crime for the injured coach. It's time!

Here where I live that is how it is done. Guns in the home are required to be locked up with a safety 'On' on all the firearms. If something happens the parents are held responsible. And the law comes down on them. jmo

You will never ever see a gun in my home, around my children, or in their presence.

I have an alarm system and I am comfortable with that.
Mine either! I made my husband give up his gun when he moved in with me- I gave him an ultimatum- it's me or your gun, but you will NOT force me to live with a gun. He chose me!!!
We have a large dog, knives, and a baseball bat, that's security enough!

This school is TOO big in my mind, approximately 3000 kids, and it looks like the classes were too big (40/teacher for every ~46 minute period according to the article I posted back a few pages). You do the math. Although I do not think we would ever get to 10 kids/teacher, I think 20 is optimal and 30 is the max. And, they should have block scheduling.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back