Found Alive OR - Heather Mounce Davison, 37, Dallas, 12 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So happy to hear this news... wishing peace and many happy days ahead for Heather and her loved ones.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Why were these cliffs not searched earlier?
Thats where she went missing.
Family member found her. Called LE.

It's total incompetence. Its sad to think that she would have died there alone, if her husband hadn't been able to rescue her himself.

This reminds me of the Pamella Jackson & Cheryl Miller case, the South Dakota girls who went missing, and their bodies were found 40 years later, in their wrecked car in a creek, at the exact location were witnesses last saw them. Some of these searchers couldn't find an elephant, if it was standing in front of them.

It's not that easy of a location to search. High shear cliffs, with many curves, indentations and angles - it's not a smooth area to search.

If that's too difficult for them, then they shouldn't be in that line of work. Her husband was able to find her. When an amateur accomplishes something that professionals have failed at, that is just sad.

Great news...wow just wow.

Marking my spot to post about a similar case tomorrow.

http://koin.com/2017/08/16/family-member-finds-missing-dallas-woman-safe/

She was found about 180 feet down the side of a cliff, according to Lt. Alex Webber, the pilot for the crew that rescued her.

“The woman was clinging onto some bushes on the cliff,” Webber said.

Webber said she was relieved to be rescued. Mounce was reportedly in stable condition when crews rescued her.

Tyler Stacey is the helicopter rescue swimmer who rescued Mounce from the cliff.
“She was grateful we were there,” Stacey said. “She definitely wanted to get out of there.”

I'm so relieved that Heather is alive. I really thought she had jumped from that cliff. May she heal and prosper!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I wonder if she stopped to look at the view and slipped.
If this was a suicide attempt i sure hope she gets the help she needs.
Maybe the time she spent alone out there gave her the time out she was needing.
Her number was not up.
It wasnt her time.
Jmo

Investigators initially found her car parked along the highway. They determined she wasn’t abducted but drove to the coast of her own free will. Family members and possibly other volunteers have been basically searching around the clock for her since she went missing.

Finally, the woman’s husband spotted her somewhere off the highway near where her vehicle was discovered; he looked down on the cliffs, saw her, waved, and she waved back.

When local fire crews couldn’t get Mounce off the cliffs, the Coast Guard was called in. She was recovered with just minor injuries, just bruises.

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/...d-mother-likely-survived-4-days-on-cliff-face

How would she only have minor injuries? I am grateful she has been found, but there are lots of questions.

Since they found her phone on the ground 400 ft from her car, I wonder if maybe she was taking a selfie too close to the edge and slipped, dropped her phone and slid down the rocks rather than falling. But I don't understand why they didn't see her or hear her when they first found her car. Seems like looking over the edge of the cliff should have been the first place someone would check when finding her car and phone there. :thinking:

wow! Came here to get an update and happy to read this! I have so many questions like the rest of you but for now will wait for more details to come. Happy ending for sure!

Investigators initially found her car parked along the highway. They determined she wasn’t abducted but drove to the coast of her own free will. Family members and possibly other volunteers have been basically searching around the clock for her since she went missing.

Finally, the woman’s husband spotted her somewhere off the highway near where her vehicle was discovered; he looked down on the cliffs, saw her, waved, and she waved back.

When local fire crews couldn’t get Mounce off the cliffs, the Coast Guard was called in. She was recovered with just minor injuries, just bruises.

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/...d-mother-likely-survived-4-days-on-cliff-face

WHAT?!?!?!?! I'm sorry--they freaking WAVED at each other!?!? She was in full enough view to be waved to! That is horrifying. Unless she moved herself somehow and was previously in a hidden location, I simply can't see how she could have been missed for four days. But that aside, happy, happy news... I wish Heather and her family peace and comfort while they heal...

Why do they keep saying 5 days? She last had contact Saturday afternoon and was rescued Wednesday afternoon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back