Found Deceased OR - Katharine 'Katy' Roe, 22, Depoe Bay, 17 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sadly, I'm assuming Katy drowned somehow. It could take awhile for her body to be found. Agonizing for her family. I'm so sorry for them.

The linked thread was one I followed last summer. Elise Dickey and Sean Yamaguchi, a young couple, disappeared at Cape Kiwanda, north of Depoe Bay. Their bodies were found several days apart in slightly different areas of the beach about two weeks later. It was never determined how they drowned...a fall by one and an attempted rescue, a sneaker wave, suicide (not likely) or what. Another tragedy. :(

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...22-amp-Elise-Dickey-18-Corvallis-29-July-2015

There's no accounting for the ones that gut you more than others, but Miss Katy is weighing heavy on my heart. And it's too pretty a place for something bad to happen! Hoping against hope she willingly took a break.

There's no accounting for the ones that gut you more than others, but Miss Katy is weighing heavy on my heart. And it's too pretty a place for something bad to happen! Hoping against hope she willingly took a break.

My thoughts exactly. Much love to you, everyone on here and of course her family, friends and community. Hope against hope.

I am guessing here but I reckon that article of clothing is a shoe. They can travel well at sea due to being made of rubber and so are tough and bouyant. Logically they will turn up first as well, they float in with the tide and then get left on the beach whereas a shirt for instance gets dragged to the bottom and gets torn. Its either that or her backpack and neither say anything good. The police don't want people to stop searching and so are withholding what the item is, assuming I am correct what does that say ? If you think I should delete this post as people may see it, say so and I will. *advertiser censored*

I am guessing here but I reckon that article of clothing is a shoe. They can travel well at sea due to being made of rubber and so are tough and bouyant. Logically they will turn up first as well, they float in with the tide and then get left on the beach whereas a shirt for instance gets dragged to the bottom and gets torn. Its either that or her backpack and neither say anything good. The police don't want people to stop searching and so are withholding what the item is, assuming I am correct what does that say ? If you think I should delete this post as people may see it, say so and I will. *advertiser censored*

Your post is fine, in my opinion. It is your opinion that it is a shoe.
The family knows what the item is, and it was confirmed that the item is Katy's.

IMOO.

http://www.kptv.com/story/31812820/clothing-worn-by-missing-depoe-bay-woman-found-near-shoreline

According to this link, the way that I am reading it, in my opinion, it was Katy's vest that was found and confirmed to be hers by her family.
The article mentions a vest being found, then it also states the family confirmed the article was hers, so I am assuming by how this article is written, the item is the vest.

IMOO.

ETA:
The video to this link confirms that the vest does belong to Katy.

http://www.kptv.com/story/31812820/clothing-worn-by-missing-depoe-bay-woman-found-near-shoreline

According to this link, the way that I am reading it, in my opinion, it was Katy's vest that was found and confirmed to be hers by her family.
The article mentions a vest being found, then it also states the family confirmed the article was hers, so I am assuming by how this article is written, the item is the vest.

IMOO.

ETA:
The video to this link confirms that the vest does belong to Katy.

Confirmed by family that the article is her vest. That video also mentions that the sheriff's office has said "the case is suspicious". That's very worrying indeed.

Judging by this description of her clothes " Katy Roe is 4-feet-9, weighs around 90 pounds, with long brown hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing black pants, a white long sleeve shirt and a black fleece vest". I would assume its one like this, http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/womens-better-sweater-fleece-vest?p=25886-0 What are the chances of something like that just washing up in the surf ?

Judging by this description of her clothes " Katy Roe is 4-feet-9, weighs around 90 pounds, with long brown hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing black pants, a white long sleeve shirt and a black fleece vest". I would assume its one like this, http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/womens-better-sweater-fleece-vest?p=25886-0 What are the chances of something like that just washing up in the surf ?

Thanks. We still don't know if the vest was wet, dry, folded, tossed, sandy, seaweedy, etc. That information will tell us a lot. I do think a vest could wash up in the surf if it was unfastened when she was wearing it. Wave action is powerful. But I'm not sure what to make of it, except tragedy. :(

Same here -- when I read that a piece of her clothing had been found, I got a cold, cold feeling - I'm just now warming-up to normal. Yes, this cute little young woman, living with her loving grandmother -- it sounds like they were also good friends to each other -- each one needing the other. Oh, yes, this little Mona Lisa has got a piece of my heart. She does resemble Da Vinci's famous rendering.

"The case is suspicious." So LE aren't thinking suicide then.

"The case is suspicious." So LE aren't thinking suicide then.

I don't believe there is any reason to think she committed suicide so either mishap or worse. We have already gone over the likelihood of her having made a mistake as well and that's not likely. 100+ tips that's a good response.

I wonder if they can triangulate any pings her cellphone may have emitted. The route from Wing Wah to just past the bay Street bridge on 101(assuming she didn't take the side street Williams Ave) is decently well lit and traveled but once you head past Hawkins St (if she made it that far) there are no longer dedicated sidewalks and the highway is surrounded on both sides by a lot of brush and trees. I think the possibility of a hit and run (since she was wearing black at night) in which she was accidentally hit and killed is possible. I could see the vest or any clothes that may have been damaged or torn loose from her body being thrown in the ocean and her body dumped in a more remote area.

Just a thought. It could have been placed there by someone wanting to throw LE off the trail. In the Morgan Harrington case, the perp placed an item in an easy to find location so that people would think she had been that direction.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

I wonder if they can triangulate any pings her cellphone may have emitted. The route from Wing Wah to just past the bay Street bridge on 101(assuming she didn't take the side street Williams Ave) is decently well lit and traveled but once you head past Hawkins St (if she made it that far) there are no longer dedicated sidewalks and the highway is surrounded on both sides by a lot of brush and trees. I think the possibility of a hit and run (since she was wearing black at night) in which she was accidentally hit and killed is possible. I could see the vest or any clothes that may have been damaged or torn loose from her body being thrown in the ocean and her body dumped in a more remote area.

I don't believe she would have walked on 101 as far as Hawkins. I believe she would have walked just past the bridge and cut over to Coast Drive/SW Coast Avenue and walked home from there.

But we noted earlier that she was wearing mostly black and even walking down SW Coast Ave. could be dangerous given that it was 2 in the morning and a higher probability of a drunk driver coming down the road. That's still a strong possibility. Lilibet noted earlier that we don't how the vest was found or what condition it was in. If it was torn, that could be why LE is calling this suspicious.

I would like to know if there are any searches organized for her. There are three nature parks in a close proximity. Plus the ocean and so many rivers and creeks. I hope they find her soon or it's going to be tough, she's so tiny.

I double-checked, and she was wearing a white long-sleeved shirt that night. Maybe she took the vest off so that drivers would be able to see her better as she was walking close to the highway. Maybe she put the vest down to look at the moon and the wind blew it down near the shore... Just hoping here.

I double-checked, and she was wearing a white long-sleeved shirt that night. Maybe she took the vest off so that drivers would be able to see her better as she was walking close to the highway. Maybe she put the vest down to look at the moon and the wind blew it down near the shore... Just hoping here.

Good thoughts; good ideas!

Just a thought. It could have been placed there by someone wanting to throw LE off the trail. In the Morgan Harrington case, the perp placed an item in an easy to find location so that people would think she had been that direction.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Jessica Ridgeway's backpack was driven miles away from where she went missing, too. Just to mess with people, I think.

Wonder what the bay currents are there, taking into account time of day/tide.... would they push back to shore, or go out to the deep or far way?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x
Back