Found Deceased OR - Katharine 'Katy' Roe, 22, Depoe Bay, 17 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just went to Google Maps and plotted a walking route from Wing Wa to where I believe Katy's grandparents live. (Using media reports I found their names and did a Google search to come up with a possible address.) Using that I don't believe there is going to be much chance of a video unless one of the businesses between Wing Wa and the residence. Going south from Wing Wa you can walk on sidewalks, but once you cross over the bridge over the inlet about halfway there is no more sidewalk. So at that point I assume Katy would have cut over to SW Coast Avenue and walked the rest of the way from the bridge. If that happened she would not have walked in front of the Shell station. If so, the only videos would be from businesses between Wing Wa and the bridge. 1.2 mile walk according to Google or about 25 minutes. I wish I knew how to capture Google Maps and paste a copy here. In any event, I am making a couple of assumptions here anyway.

Check post made earlier about channel house b and b. CCTV was checked but nothing.

I could have sworn someone already posted a map with the walking route, but now I can't find it. The map was just what you are saying. Any video after crossing the bridge and walking through neighborhoods would have to be from homes I think. I hope LE has canvassed this area. I assume they or the family have.

ETA: Found the map. It was earlier on the thread than I thought. See if this matches what you're describing.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...poe-Bay-17-April-2016&p=12474597#post12474597

Yes, that's exactly what I came up with. I either missed it earlier or forgot about it.

Check post made earlier about channel house b and b. CCTV was checked but nothing.

Either Katy walked a ways further on 101 before crossing over to SW Coast Ave. - bypassing the b&B - or she didn't make it to the bridge. If she started walking right at 0200, then 0212 would put her just north of the bridge. Unless she went to the Depoe Bay Scenic area, she might have had a clear view of the ocean and the moon just before the bridge.

I am really not sure about this one. Either suicide or someone nabbed her. Such a tragedy.

Either Katy walked a ways further on 101 before crossing over to SW Coast Ave. - bypassing the b&B - or she didn't make it to the bridge. If she started walking right at 0200, then 0212 would put her just north of the bridge. Unless she went to the Depoe Bay Scenic area, she might have had a clear view of the ocean and the moon just before the bridge.

Spot on. I don't think she would have walked on the left/west side of highway 101 as to get a good look at the moon on the ocean would have been on the wrong side and it appears there is no sidewalk. I also think she would have taken the turning before the fire station seen in the drone footage, its the shortest route, residential and lit, up to a point. Assuming she got that far which I am starting to doubt. so what are we left with I really really doubt she ended it herself, By all accounts she was happy and absolutely no mention of depression or anything along those lines. Its a hardcore mystery that's actually causing me grief.

Check post made earlier about channel house b and b. CCTV was checked but nothing. Also remember Her last text was after twelve minutes walking which places her around depoe bay bridge or just after, but she was tiny so would assume it would place her on the north side of that bridge. Those viewing spots are of interest though and there is one just on the north side of that bridge. I do think they could be dangerous in terms of being isolated.
BBM

I wonder if she had stopped to look at the moon already for a bit before she texted at 2:12, so her walking time could have been much shorter. Now that I think about it, I agree that she would have still been on the north side of the bridge. She could have actually been closer to the Wing Wah than the bridge. We just don't know. :(

Spot on. I don't think she would have walked on the left/west side of highway 101 as to get a good look at the moon on the ocean would have been on the wrong side and it appears there is no sidewalk. I also think she would have taken the turning before the fire station seen in the drone footage, its the shortest route, residential and lit, up to a point. Assuming she got that far which I am starting to doubt. so what are we left with I really really doubt she ended it herself, By all accounts she was happy and absolutely no mention of depression or anything along those lines. Its a hardcore mystery that's actually causing me grief.
BBM

Hugs! I certainly hope she didn't take her own life. I've followed threads here that ended in suicide and no one saw it coming. Family doesn't always mention depression publicly in order to maintain their loved one's privacy and keep the search going. LE usually knows, of course. Or else, no one knew. While I'm not committed to the suicide theory at all, I can't discount it either. Seemingly happy people decide to fix a temporary problem with a permanent solution all the time.

Abduction is just as, if not more likely, if someone followed her from the bar. I keep coming back to Hannah Graham. I'm sure LE has information about everyone at the bar, and have recovered surveillance along the route. They are very quiet, as is family. I'm not sure what that means. JMO

BBM

Hugs! I certainly hope she didn't take her own life. I've followed threads here that ended in suicide and no one saw it coming. Family doesn't always mention depression publicly in order to maintain their loved one's privacy and keep the search going. LE usually knows, of course. Or else, no one knew. While I'm not committed to the suicide theory at all, I can't discount it either. Seemingly happy people decide to fix a temporary problem with a permanent solution all the time.

Abduction is just as, if not more likely, if someone followed her from the bar. I keep coming back to Hannah Graham. I'm sure LE has information about everyone at the bar, and have recovered surveillance along the route. They are very quiet, as is family. I'm not sure what that means. JMO

Thanks Lilibet, Your right on every detail and we can't discount either of those theories as of yet. Its just so strange and your right, people are very unpredictable as a general rule. This is a new article that came out yesterday, absolutely nothing we didn't know already. http://www.newportnewstimes.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&page=86&story_id=51808 . LE and family are very quiet indeed, I would have thought they would have had something by now if there was anything to have. "more confident than at the start" I really don't know what that means, must mean something ?

Thanks Lilibet, Your right on every detail and we can't discount either of those theories as of yet. Its just so strange and your right, people are very unpredictable as a general rule. This is a new article that came out yesterday, absolutely nothing we didn't know already. http://www.newportnewstimes.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&page=86&story_id=51808 . LE and family are very quiet indeed, I would have thought they would have had something by now if there was anything to have. "more confident than at the start" I really don't know what that means, must mean something ?
BBM

It could mean the family is more confident that LE isn't sparing any effort than they were at the very start, although LE jumped on it quickly, so who knows? I know from other cases that LE won't tell the family every lead they are following and that can lead to frustration. But LE has to be careful what they say. So quiet could mean they are on the track of Katy. I certainly hope so!

BBM

It could mean the family is more confident that LE isn't sparing any effort than they were at the very start, although LE jumped on it quickly, so who knows? I know from other cases that LE won't tell the family every lead they are following and that can lead to frustration. But LE has to be careful what they say. So quiet could mean they are on the track of Katy. I certainly hope so!

bbm

Yes, indeed, especially if they think (know) that she has been abducted -- they can't say they are looking for Tom Jones who lives in Jonesville, for example. The would only say, they have found her and her captor Tom Jones in Jonesville. OTOH, I would think that if they have found a body that they can/cannot recognize, LE would say so.

A piece of clothing identified as Kathy's has been found at the Depoe Bay shoreline, I think. I can't link it but believe it came from the Lincoln County sheriff's dept. Facebook page.

A piece of clothing identified as Kathy's has been found at the Depoe Bay shoreline, I think. I can't link it but believe it came from the Lincoln County sheriff's dept. Facebook page.

Thanks, I just saw that info. But I don't know how to link that particular post.

That can't be good...

I wonder what day the piece of clothing was found? Was it today, or was it found days ago?
I wonder what condition the piece of clothing was in?
Was it wet from the water, was it folded, or tossed?

IMOO.

I wonder what day the piece of clothing was found? Was it today, or was it found days ago?
I wonder what condition the piece of clothing was in?
Was it wet from the water, was it folded, or tossed?

IMOO.

Very good questions. The tip was received over the weekend by a citizen who found the clothing, so I assume that's when it was found. "Near the shoreline" sounds like on a beach to me, or on rocks. I'd also like to know where it was found in relation to the Wing Wa. This doesn't sound good at all. :(

Very good questions. I'd also like to know where it was found in relation to the Wing Wa. This doesn't sound good at all. :(

And I would like to know what exact article of clothing it is. A jacket or vest is easier to explain if she wanted to take that off, but if it was her shirt or pants, something like that, then that definitely does not sound good. None of it really sounds good, in my opinion...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3
Back