OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion is based on the fact that I have tremendous faith in the abilities of LE and the FBI. I would assume that when Kyron is located -- an arrest will be made shortly after. (Based on my opinion that LE has their POI)

Seeing how I believe though this was a calculated plan though -- it's not going to be "that" easy to find his body. I'm guessing that some thought went into where to place it -- so it wouldn't be found.

Arrests normally aren't made in cases like this until a body is found. Scott Peterson wasn't arrested until Laci was found and identified.

And no one's been arrested in Haleigh's case either, at least not for Haleigh's presumed death - because there is no body.

Faith that LE was there early and with high numbers and high level of skills is something that keeps me hopeful as well.

Sometimes the family & POI behavior make me think they have a good idea of POI too, but then I think about things such as the investment in billboards ... Are those to get more eye-witnesses for a circumstantial case? To sensitize folks in summer to be vigilant if they come across remains? *shakes head*

It's the "arrest sooner than we think" part - I'm not so hopeful on that sentiment at the moment.

I think an arrest will be made sooner than you think.

I wish I had your confidence, swa. I'm still catching up from last night but have not seen mentioned today the billboard array donated by Clear Channel.

Clear Channel donates billboards to help bring Kyron Horman home
Clear Channel Outdoor of Oregon and Southwest Washington donated materials and space for the 30 billboards today in an effort to help bring Kyron Horman home.

Ten of the billboards are written in English, 10 in Russian and 10 in Spanish, according to Lt. Mary Lindstrand, a Multnomah County sheriff's spokeswoman.

All of the billboards except two in English were put up today.

My opinion is based on the fact that I have tremendous faith in the abilities of LE and the FBI. I would assume that when Kyron is located -- an arrest will be made shortly after. (Based on my opinion that LE has their POI)

I truly feel LE has a really good idea by now of what happened to Kyron. I am going to bet an arrest won't be made until sometime in late August or early September. For some reason, it just seems to take about three months to process evidence and make sure all questions have been answered so that the outcome of the trial is solid. I rememeber how LE was acting during the Devon Epps invesitgation back in 2007. The entire world knew the biological mother, Amanda Reagan Smith had murdered him. LE stood by her, calmy insisted they were investigating all possible tips, and that they had no reason to not believe her story. She also did strange stuff with her MySpace account and if I recall, she didn't go to the first vigil - and then she got in an arugment at one of the others.. I was proud to see that Websleuth members doubted the story in the VERY first posting. Englishleigh was the first to comment after the story was posted, and her comment was "Ummm....yeah, right....this doesn't pass the smell test. Sounds like another Susan Smith to me, for now.". It is sort of interesting to go back and read a case like that one when analyzing a case like this one. Here is a link to the Devon Epps thread:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52327&highlight=devon+epps

I wish I had your confidence, swa. I'm still catching up from last night but have not seen mentioned today the billboard array donated by Clear Channel.

Clear Channel donates billboards to help bring Kyron Horman home
Clear Channel Outdoor of Oregon and Southwest Washington donated materials and space for the 30 billboards today in an effort to help bring Kyron Horman home.

Ten of the billboards are written in English, 10 in Russian and 10 in Spanish, according to Lt. Mary Lindstrand, a Multnomah County sheriff's spokeswoman.

All of the billboards except two in English were put up today.

Clear Channel isn't LE.

You are exactly right Trident.

And if she was seen leaving with Kyron this case would have been over shortly after it began.

IMO

NO ONE was seen leaving with Kyron as far as I know, but obviously he did leave with someone unless he's still in the school or, contrary to the criminal investigation announcement, wandered off all by his own self.

Several things Id like to clear up in my mind.

The white truck...
Is there a written transcript somewhere about the white truck sightings? Maybe a call to LE saying a smaller truck, larger truck, loud diesel truck, etc?
Theres quite a difference in say a small ford Ranger and a large dually or something.

How many vehicles do the Horman's own? *Is this one of their primary vehicles?

The second sighting was at 2am Saturday morning. Can we rule out the SM driving it at that time? It was dark, how was the caller sure it was a female driver?

I am very curious why the neighbor's house was searched!

I was thinking about this too...the way background checks are done. Not really O/T at all, considering Kyron disappeared from a public school. Thinking about it, I realized we have been active in two specific organizations (involving children exclusively) that by law background check everyone who is staff or volunteer annually. We've been a part of these organizations for 15+ years. They used to background check us annually...but since everyone knows us now, they just push the paperwork through- without actually doing the check in order to save on costs.
We don't have any criminal history...but what if we did?
After inquiring about this of the organizations we belong to, it seems this is rather common practice.
Alarming, when you are talking about environments exclusive to children.

Funny you should say this. Well guess what? Our local LL tells every single person that signs up to volunteer manage, coach, work in the stand, do grounds keeping, or be on the board that they are doing a background check. Everyone has to sign their consent on a form. They are then supposed to send it away for a thorough background check. Yeah, right... Get this: There's a guy that lives down the street from me, he coaches 2 of his sons' in LL. He's not a manager, but he's a coach. He's been helping for 2 years now. Well my boys stopped playing LL when they started to get more competetive so I had no need to go to the LL fields over the past couple of years, except to stop every once in awhile. I went to see a game last month & noticed this guy was coaching & I threw a fit...discreetly. I called the pres & told him I couldn't believe he allowed this guy to coach with his background & he said what are you talking about he passed a background check! I said LIE, he served 10 years in jail for starting fires in the town next to where we live...I know this for a fact bc my ex fiancee was the arresting lead detective in his case! Come to find out, they said they never got the reports back for any of the background checks! In my eyes, they probably never sent them off to begin with! And to make matters even worse, I recently found out that this guy happened to be on the LL Board in the same stinking town that he started those fires in! OMG! I mean...seriously now?

Maybe background checks are done but take longer to receive? You'd think major companies, especially school districts, would subscribe to some sort of online background check something or other! You know, the ones where they can see the info right off the bat! I'm so sick over this little boy...over all these little innocent kids going missing & violated! Grown ups need to be more responsible. Period.

Additional info: I'm stating this bc it's been said that a teacher or volunteer in Oregon had a past & was still holding their position yet they violated more children... I'm hoping beyond hope that thorough background checks were performed on all employees, including volunteers, of the Skyline School. That in itself could alleveiate some suspicion of a school employee.

Kaine, in his e-mail says "we" as to going to get Kyron off the bus, calling the school, etc.. The scanners picked up a reference to the parents being instructed that at least one of them needed to wait for police back at their house.

This was also a weekend that Kyron was going AWAY himself, to be with his other set of parents. He was (likely - assuming again) scheduled to leave soon after he got off the bus.

Assume for the sake of a brief discussion that both mom & dad were waiting for Kyron.

Dad might be waiting because he makes it a point to be there to say goodbye to Kyron when it's time for his away weekend.

Who else knew that Kyron was leaving town as soon as he got off that bus, and therefore, they only had Friday, and only while Kyron was at school to take Kyron? (Otherwise he'd be gone for the w/e)

Two days ago, I posted about 4 big things that stick in my craw. I might have to add this as the 5th thing - the fact that Kyron went missing from school just before he was scheduled to leave town for the weekend.

I also recall that in one of the Press Conferences, when LE was asked what Kyron had been looking forward to doing - an answer in the immediate factual snese, was sidestepped. Because, in all likelihood, he'd been "looking forward" to a weekend with Desiree. Rather than discuss Kyron's expectations for the weekend, they talked about activities Kyron like to do.

I am mulling this and other things today as you can see... anyone can mull along if they like...

Emma, interesting thinking; I haven't seen that put forward before, about being away for the weekend as a motivator.

About the last part, and without digging out the transcript, I interpreted that differently. I was transcribing the PC where the questions/answer to the family were being read by Shults and the question was 'what was Kyron looking forward to doing this summer?' and the answer came back 'Kyron is looking forward to.. ' and a list of activities the family had planned (typical summer stuff incl a trip to mom's, a trip to Shasta, etc).

Or, are you mulling a different conversation? I'm doing some mulling today. :)

Y'all don't want me to relay the nightmare Princess PeePee just relayed. Suffice to say that discussing stranger danger with your child isn't nearly enough. Establishing defensive moves is also necessary.

Now I'd like to go cry because her nightmare has been my nightmare since it nearly happened to me when I was her age. CRIMINY!!!

ITA! All the more reason that basic self-defense should be taught in the schools. I'd rather see that then the two weeks of roller skating they do here.

I haven't figured out how to bold things yet:waitasec:, but hope you guys know what I'm referring to.

As I understand it the Horman's have 2 vehicles. The red Mustang that's hers and the white truck that's his.

We simply don't know what vehicle she drove that morning - one way or the other.

I am very curious about these two sightings now that we have a white truck towed (to a dealership for "werk") and seeing the realtive distances of the sightings to the home and school.

As for the 2AM sighting - could LE have been taking someone around to see where they possibly ran "errands" that day? Or could someone have said they were going out for milk, diapers, cigs, that night? (RUMOR - Just speculation and JMHO)

I'm finding many things about this case just odd.

Vigil a symbol of hope for Kyron’s safe return

Kyron’s parents and stepparents watched the vigil from a private room.

:waitasec:

I cannot even imagine what the motive could be to not want to be surrounded by and touched by people who have their beautiful son in their hearts.

Not everyone in that crowd, may have warm thoughts for the family.

Many don't believe vigils are productive, and serve only as a publicity outlet for the organizers. Some believe vigils help; others don't. Both POVs are valid.

Also, please remember that IF LE supports the vigil, there may be a reason for LE to scan that crowd - with the family watching from a private room, to ID anyone via video. "An arsonist returns to the scene of the fire."

The 2 white truck sightings may have been of different vehicles.I think that because one was seen at night time?

She may have drove the truck that morning to the school.Maybe she could not fit his exhibit in the car if it was too big.

LOL.....my daughter has a little red car just like that one, she can fit five suitcases, a couple dozen hanging clothes, a computer, several makeup and hair equipment bags, backpacks full of books, and about 40 pairs of shoes in it......and that was just to come home for Christmas break!

oh thanks for that.
I did not recall the "this summer". I'll have to find the right PC. I wasn't sure if it was the e-mailed Q&A PC or the 1st PC with the parents. Maybe that first PC with the parents had no Q/A? Thanks!

Let's keep on mulling!

Emma, interesting thinking; I haven't seen that put forward before, about being away for the weekend as a motivator.

About the last part, and without digging out the transcript, I interpreted that differently. I was transcribing the PC where the questions/answer to the family were being read by Shults and the question was 'what was Kyron looking forward to doing this summer?' and the answer came back 'Kyron is looking forward to.. ' and a list of activities the family had planned (typical summer stuff incl a trip to mom's, a trip to Shasta, etc).

Or, are you mulling a different conversation? I'm doing some mulling today. :)

I had doubts that things were getting narrowed down when I read about the billboards, too - but it was a donation from Clear, right? LE's not going to tell Clear: Thanks, but we're alright on this one. Plus, the more exposure of Kyron's face, the better for anyone to come forward with more collaborating tips on anything that was seen...I don't think the fact that billboards are going up can indicate the direction Kyron's search is going...

Originally they said it's an isolated incident, but at the NBC piece where the sheriff is questioned ( standing in front of Skyline) he says "No Comment" the the isolated incident question

Thanks for the update, Katarina. I hadn't seen it.
Maybe we could take a HUGE leap and assume that LE no longer wanted to comment on the "isolated incident" statement because they realised it restricted the appearance of the case.

When they termed it an "isolated incident" it cut so many possibilities out of the equation. Maybe they don't want us to know that. Or, once again, maybe we're all just reading too much into the little bit of info that we have.

Hands up for frustration...once again...I feel like I'm chasing my tail.

Kyron, where are you, sweet child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members