OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning y'all.

I hope today will be a productive day for LE and Kyron will be found. (I hope found safe)

Praying for Kyron and all who love him.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/1201.html

Notably: (b) With respect to subsection (a)(1), above, the failure to release the victim within twenty-four hours after he shall have been unlawfully seized, confined, inveigled, decoyed, kidnapped, abducted, or carried away shall create a rebuttable presumption that such person has been transported in interstate or foreign commerce. Notwithstanding the preceding sentence, the fact that the presumption under this section has not yet taken effect does not preclude a Federal investigation of a possible violation of this section before the 24-hour period has ended.

----------------

That gives the FBI jurisdiction to step in right from the start on any case involving a missing child.

Why have there not been any reporters standing outside this family's home giving their updates? This always happens in other recent child abduction cases. (Perhaps others have seen reports outside of the Horman's home, but I have not.)

It's a rural-ish area, and media has been warned by LE to stay off private property. I doubt there are many place for them to set up without impeding traffic flow. (if they did, i'm willing to bet LE would snag 'em for that too)

ETA: I can't remember which press conference it was where Gates repeatedly warned the media about 'private property'. IIRC, media had been asking the same questions over and over even as Gates had told them he couldn't comment on the investigation. He had to mention the private property issue more than once, and then he smiled in a go-ahead-and-make-my-day kinda way.

OMG, hope they investigate him about Kyron's disappearance. What a scary looking guy!
.....who shut down the entire interstate for God-only-knows-how-long because of his crime. In my city, this in itself is considered to be one of the worst crimes.

It's a rural-ish area, and media has been warned by LE to stay off private property. I doubt there are many place for them to set up without impeding traffic flow. (if they did, i'm willing to bet LE would snag 'em for that too)
I saw it was somewhat isolated from satellite photos on WS, but the road outside of their home is still public property. Several days ago, LE had a private meeting with the press. Maybe it was to tell them to stay away from the home. Reporters in Oregon must be far more "law abiding" than in other states.

I saw it was somewhat isolated from satellite photos on WS, but the road outside of their home is still public property. Several days ago, LE had a private meeting with the press. Maybe it was to tell them to stay away from the home. Reporters in Oregon must be far more "law abiding" than in other states.

It's still public property, but can they set up on the shoulder and stay off the road? I can see police watching them closely, and if they appear to be a risk to traffic, telling them they have to move along.

Good morning, just checking in to see if there has been any news, and offer prayers to Kyron and his faimly for his safe return, no telling where he his by now now, but Im still holding out hope he is ok, I still believe he was lured away by someone , I just didn't believe he had wandered away, I think LE has no clue what has happened, hoping for some answers soon, god bless you Kyron, where ever you may be, you are missed

I find it hard to believe that all the volunteers get a LE background check. Who pays for that? We have to buy our own copy paper sometimes, and I'm in a huge district.

All volunteers must go thru a LE check here too.

I understand someone asking them to, but I have to say that there have been times when I have been so upset that I cannot eat, sleep, think, workout, etc. I know others that are able to cope and function at the same time! So confusing!

And I think that was what was happening to the family in the first few days.

They weren't eating, they weren't sleeping but just sitting there as a group grieving imo.

I think that is when the officers told them they had to keep their minds and bodies healthy because they could be in this nightmare for the long haul.

IMO

RE: Media not being at home

LOL....knowing quite a bit about how media functions....it is because they do not want to be stuck out in a rural area all day waiting for very little to happen. There are no public restrooms close by, no Starbucks or fast food within a few minutes quick reach, etc. I also forget if I have seen pictures of the road, but the satellite trucks need huge amounts of flat space to set up, large trees can block their signals, and a regular speed road right there is flat out dangerous for the reporters AND the cars going through. All things considered, it is probably their choice to set up at the old church building, with a parking lot there for their convenience and the briefings being there means they do not have to pack up and move on a repeated basis, which takes a significant amount of effort to accomplish.

jmoo

I have a bad feeling that after yesterday's press conference, this case is going to drop out of the media and fast. The only thing LE could discuss with them was the search; now that they've moved beyond that, there is really nothing else they'll be able to put out there in terms of any real information about Kyron and the day he went missing.

I haven't heard said, but has Nancy Grace covered anything On Kyron yet?? Thanks!:)

on my way in to work this morning, i heard on the radio that it was now classified a "criminal" investigation....hmmmmmm, now what happens?

I have a bad feeling that after yesterday's press conference, this case is going to drop out of the media and fast. The only thing LE could discuss with them was the search; now that they've moved beyond that, there is really nothing else they'll be able to put out there in terms of any real information about Kyron and the day he went missing.

Yep I think so too. The pressers were to get publicity for the case in order to facilitate getting info from the people in and around town. They've got the bulk of what they need now.

Next presser won't be unless/until they need to get the word out because they need to reach a large number of people to facilitate getting back some info about something specific, or until they make an arrest. I don't think an arrest is going to be made any time soon, if ever, but I will continue to pray they find out what happened to Kyron, and who did it.

:cow:

And I think that was what was happening to the family in the first few days.

They weren't eating, they weren't sleeping but just sitting there as a group grieving imo.

I think that is when the officers told them they had to keep their minds and bodies healthy because they could be in this nightmare for the long haul.

IMO

I think you're dead on. When I saw that first press conference with the family present, I was very alarmed and worried about the the two moms in particular. I'm sure one of the things the liason officer is trained for is to watch the family for signs of overwhelming stress, taking note of how they are coping with it, and when to intervene. I also would believe they had counselors available to the family during this time. Telling them to stick to a routine would not only be healthy for them, but their baby as well.

That sounds scary when you put all that together!

But speaking of background checks...is it common or not for school volunteers these days?

The reason I ask is that here in Central FL when my son was in a private school at a local church no background checks were done and all parents were expected to volunteer at some time during the year. But when we changed him at 6th grade to a public school I was told anyone wanting to do on-site volunteer work had to undergo a background check before you could.

It hit me then that background checks would probably have been a wise thing to do even in his private school because there could be various good reasons that some people might not be the best people to be running around a school no matter even if they did have a child attending that school or how nice they might look.

I used to teach at a school very similar Kyron's. There was a major "It can't happen to us" attitude, and the scariest thing I ever experienced was when a farmer's large hog got lose and was running around campus- it was an outdoor campus- we had to do a lockdown!

It was part of a larger, urban district so we were still required to do code red drills and everything. When parents came to volunteer, they scanned their ID and did a quick background check. This was also if they just wanted to be on campus. From what I understand, just about every school in Fla requires it. I now work at a school with 70 kids and we still require it.
I am not sure about Kyron's school.

Unfortunately, any "system" that is in place to protect kids is only as good as the people running it. I have been in our school office many times when the buzzer goes off and the secretary lets a person in that we don't know (or the picture on the monitor is obscured and said visitor is let in anyway). Well, yes, the first doors to main part of the school are locked and the visitor has to go through the office. But I have thought many times that a perp with a gun could get through that office and into where the kids are in no time.

Until secretaries, principals, etc. are willing to possibly "insult" visitors by asking for id while they are still outside the bldg, it's still too easy to get into any school.

It seems like in cases like these LE never says anyone is cleared or that anyone is a suspect. They keep information like that close to their vest.

And really what would it really accomplish if he did? I don't think it would change anyone's mind if they are one the ones so sure they know who the suspect is.

We have seen other family members cleared by LE but that didn't do a thing to quieten the chatter on the internet about their guilt.

Imo, they will not specifically rule anyone in or out at this time. As the investigation progresses at a later time they may come out and say they have a POI, without naming them and then later on they may decide to name the person.

But since the Richard Jewell fiasco LE does not label anyone a "suspect" until they make an arrest or they are sure that person is the one that harmed the victim. Attorney Lyn Wood sued because they were labeling Richard as a "suspect" when in the end he was a hero who tried to save lives.

Many times I think LE doesn't want the real suspect to know they are looking for him unless it is cases where husbands or ex husband's have murdered their wives. Then they want to ratchet up the heat on them specifically to let them know it is just a matter of time before LE gets them.

And in this case the Sheriff still says he is not ruling out all possibilities. He just knows now after 10 days Kyron has not been found so they must consider that the case may be criminal along with the other possibilities.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member