OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my opinion. I hope Kyron did not say anything negative about his SB, may be something that should not have been repeated?
Before I went to sleep last night I had visions of a large gym bag.
Just thinking out-loud.

I have a bad feeling that after yesterday's press conference, this case is going to drop out of the media and fast. The only thing LE could discuss with them was the search; now that they've moved beyond that, there is really nothing else they'll be able to put out there in terms of any real information about Kyron and the day he went missing.
I hope the reporters ask how many surveillance videos have been turned into LE. Hopefully some business had a camera that faced their parking lot and therefore, the road. Perhaps in these videos, the FBI can find Kyron in one of the cars leaving the school. With a $25,000 reward, one would believe businesses would be more than too happy to let LE look at their security videos.

Jun 14, 5:45 AM EDT

Ore. boy's disappearance now a criminal case

NIGEL DUARA
Associated Press Writer

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- Ten days after a 7-year-old Portland boy disappeared, Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton fought back tears while announcing the search has been reclassified as a criminal investigation.

Until now, Kyron Horman has been considered a "missing endangered child," a designation that spans a range of possibilities, including that a minor is danger after getting lost.

Staton announced the reclassification - along with a $25,000 reward for information that leads to Kyron - at a crowded news conference Sunday. But he offered no explanation for the change.

"(The investigation) is not going to stop," Staton said. "I will address those types of issues once we've located Kyron."

It's not the only detail about Kyron's disappearance that remains a mystery, as school officials and law enforcement try to keep a clamp on information they say could compromise the investigation.

What is known is that Kyron saw his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, in the hallway of rural Skyline Elementary School on the morning of June 4. It was minutes after he had presented his second-grade science fair project, a diorama on red-eyed tree frogs.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_MISSING_OREGON_BOY?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

I don't think so, I thought about e-mailing her. Sick of hearing about Joran VDS
Has either Nancy or Jane VM covered Kyron's story? (I don't know if this would be a good thing or a bad....just curious because Van der Sloot has soaked up too much attention.) Bleh!

Any reports from the candlelight vigil?

The link you posted appears to be about a suicidal man who led police on a chase ... nothing to do with Kyron. Am I missing something?

When was Kyron spotted by a body of water? This is the first I'm hearing of that.

At the beginning of this case a trucker called in a sighting of a gray pickup that turned in front of him suddenly. There was a scared looking kid that look like Kyron. This was off Hwy 26. I don't remember the cross coordinates. However the suicidal guy in gray pickup was picked up on I-84/hwy30. Definitely not far from the focus area.

on my way in to work this morning, i heard on the radio that it was now classified a "criminal" investigation....hmmmmmm, now what happens?

It is very similiar to the way a lot of LE does.

First they do extensive searches for the missing person.

Then as the days go on and no victim is found alive or deceased they must go onto phase two.

How many times have we heard other LE say at first that they have no evidence that the victim has met with foul play and are still considering it a missing person's case?

It happens frequently but as time goes on with no sighting of the missing person they then move the case to a criminal investigation.

I don't think anything happened other than they have searched hi and lo for Kyron for 10 days around the school and have not found him anywhere.

IMO

I posted above how I got the feel that the school (personnel, students, and parents) was simply naive. IMO, the person(s) who took Kyron were well aware of this pervasive attitude, was very familiar with the school, knew how lax security was (if it 'was' at all) and that the door next to his classroom was unmonitored. I don't know that I believe Kyron himself was a target, but rather it could have been any child who appeared vulnerable and alone that day.

What is outside that door near his classroom? Who could have been outside in the area near that door and not raised suspicions?

At the beginning of this case a trucker called in a sighting of a gray pickup that turned in front of him suddenly. There was a scared looking kid that look like Kyron. This was off Hwy 26. I don't remember the cross coordinates. However the suicidal guy in gray pickup was picked up on I-84/hwy30. Definitely not far from the focus area.

It would not be the first time a criminal became suicidal after committing a crime, especially if he has reason to believe LE is on to him.

The only thing is this: I saw the picture of this guy. Trust me, even on a crowded science fair day, I would remember seeing him. Just MHO.

I've been lurking, I've got nothing helpful to add, really, but this case breaks my heart. I have a 7 yr old son who will start 2nd grade in August and also a 2 yr old daughter who calls him her "prince". I can't even begin to imagine if he were gone from her and nobody could find him... there are just no words.

But sadly I keep thinking of the lesson I learned following the Morgan Harrington case.... sometimes when LE seems to acting like they don't have anything at all.. no leads, no clues, hardly even a good theory.... as much as we'd like to think otherwise, sometimes its because they just don't.

It would not be the first time a criminal became suicidal after committing a crime, especially if he has reason to believe LE is on to him.

The only thing is this: I saw the picture of this guy. Trust me, even on a crowded science fair day, I would remember seeing him. Just MHO.

Difinitely sends off a creepy vibe.

Thank you for that statement! I too think that everyone is entitled to interpret for themselves what they choose to think....just not to post it on this forum.

PLEASE everyone, remember that every word put on here about this family is there forever unless you choose to delete it. There are innocent children of this family who can easily read every word being said about their family on here. Those kid's friends can read every word. Even when it is later proven untrue, that pain will still be in the hearts and minds of this family and all who know them. These comments will be able to be "Googled" for the rest of their lives, by colleges, employers, girl friends parents, etc.

Maybe there is a chance that some accusations here will prove to be true, but there is a very high probability that these family members are totally, completely innocent victims. I could never justify for myself the horror of having something that I may have said or speculated causing these people more agony than what they are already experiencing.

jmoo

I wish more people here felt this way, if so, I may have felt comfortable enough to stick around. The things that have been allowed to be said here about innocent family members in other cases are so horrid and vile that I could not continue to participate here in good, clear conscience. I found myself engaging in the same behavior in a retaliation of sorts, of which I am deeply ashamed. I hope this case doesn't head down the same path. I pray more innocent people are not ruined by the actions of internet sleuths. I don't expect this post to remain, but I hope the few that read it will think about implicating someone who may very well be an innocent victim.

I pray Kyron can come home to his family today. ♥

I can tell you if I saw a semi truck headed tword me while I was in the passenger seat, I betcha I would have a scared look on my face as well. The driver of the semi truck must of been afraid as well, probally focusing on avoiding the accident in that split second.

Did the semi driver say that the truck with the boy in it stopped so he could get a better look or anything? I didn't hear that he got a good look at anything close up or wouldn't there be a sketch of the truck, licence plate number or driver?

Hard to say.

It will be interesting to note how much info LE releases in press conference today.

Originally Posted by watchful_eye
DO YOU THINK THERE IS ANY CONNECTION??? (Grey pickup truck). He was spotted by a body of water---NOT GOOD. They should check that body of water ASAP.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...html#incart_rh

OK: TO CLARIFY:

I posted this because:

-Gray pick-up
-Irrational behavior of the man involved
-Man eludes police
-Man Is found/spotted near a body of water (NOT KYRON) (see map in article), and g-d forbid he dumped anything or anyone in that water
-Found in Oregon (unsure how far from Kyron's school/town)
-Perhaps wanted to commit suicide to avoid getting caught

I can tell you if I saw a semi truck headed tword me while I was in the passenger seat, I betcha I would have a scared look on my face as well. The driver of the semi truck must of been afraid as well, probally focusing on avoiding the accident in that split second. Did the semi driver say that the truck with the boy in it stop so he could get a better look or anything? Hard to say.

IIRC, he said he didn't even make the connection until he got home and saw reports about Kyron.

He is scary looking. However, he could have let his appearance go and may look different now as opposed to 10 (is that right) days ago when Kyron disappeared. Also, if he is suicidal then he must have been depressed leading up to being arrested. I'm no expert but it is my understanding that one sign of depression is neglecting personal hygeine and appearance. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've don't ever recall seeing anybody looking 'good' in a mug shot, LOL!

Just thinking outside the box.:dance:

wm

This guy could of lost his job..was depressed, distraught, helpless or feeling hopeless could of been in the middle of a divorce.
I mean sure he could be connected or not.

He is scary looking. However, he could have let his appearance go and may look different now as opposed to 10 (is that right) days ago when Kyron disappeared. Also, if he is suicidal then he must have been depressed leading up to being arrested. I'm no expert but it is my understanding that one sign of depression is neglecting personal hygeine and appearance. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've don't ever recall seeing anybody looking 'good' in a mug shot, LOL!

Just thinking outside the box.:dance:

wm

LOL...that's true. Even fairly good-looking actors/actresses look pretty bad once they are in front of the police camera. I hadn't even thought of that :)

Pic26.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member