OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't it discussed on the earlier thread that the colonel stated in the PC that they were NOT using infrared ?

They used infrared and thermal early in the search. The first weekend that the ANG Black Hawk was there.

Later on 6/10 the ANG rotor crew commander spoke at the presser and said that they were not using infrared in the search that day.

So, IF we are to believe Tanner re the conversation between the two teachers (which clearly indicate Kyron was present at least when the groups were being formed), how does that fit into the-sm-did-this scenario?

So nothing from the teachers that they saw Kyron leave the building with TH?

Have you seen anything that says so?

I don't believe any teachers have given interviews to the media. But maybe in your research you've come across something?

They used infrared and thermal early in the search. The first weekend that the ANG Black Hawk was there.

Later on 6/10 the ANG rotor crew commander spoke at the presser and said that they were not using infrared in the search that day.

Was that verified in a PC or statement by LE?

So nothing from the teachers that they saw Kyron leave the building with TH?

LE isn't really confirming who saw Kyron, who he was with or when he was last seen (except they said 9:00 am, don't know if they stuck with that) or where he was. Maybe it's me but nothing definate has been said about those things.

Have you seen anything that says so?

I don't believe any teachers have given interviews to the media. But maybe in your research you've come across something?

No, what I see are people taking a second-hand comment about the teachers and assuming it meant they saw her leave the building with Kyron.

It seems to me that LE has never come out and said he was seen after his step mother left. I kind of thought they were saying that when they said that the step mother left him at the hall way at 8:45 am and that he was last seen at 9:00 am but I could never be sure if that is what they were saying because they wouldn't say if he was with anyone when last seen. Does that make sense?

Well, you made it as a statement of fact. Just asking where that fact came from, that's all.

Sure. Glad to answer that. See the press conference videos in the media thread. All is there.

As an artist (and the mother of 10 and 12 year old boys), I would have to say that I think his art, at least in these 2 pics, which are all I've seen, are very good. In the chipmunk pic he shows great attention to detail with the stripe running all the way down the back and tail, and the 2 colors in its face. The tail is in a natural shape, and it is clearly a chipmunk.

The second pic shows great use of color, space and design- and once again, really good detail. As a graphic, it is at least as good or better than many adult artists I know that attempt the 'primitive' art style.

I'd have to see more in order to have more of an opinion, but based on these 2, I would say they show more than the average skill for that age group.

My children were very good at, and liked art immensely until my ex and I divorced (he does not like art). They still show skill, but skill without passion. I think you really need passion to be creative with anything you do.

I think the sun pic would make a great graphic for a tshirt or greeting card.

Anyone interested in discussing Kyron's art?

Nature influence? Northwest Influence?
General ability for a 7 year old?
Does anyone recognize these pictures from any children's books?
Why were these chosen for the slide show they are embedded in?

If not, that's okay. Sometimes it's just nice to have Kyron pictures in our thread. :)

http://www.kgw.com/news/slideshows/Photos-Missing-boy-Kyron-Horman-95777234.html?gallery=y&c=y&img=0

Kyron_Squirl.jpg

Kyron_Sun.jpg

Although I don't understand what the teacher is feeling I still don't understand if she seen him why he was not reported to the office as missing. I mean I understand she seen him with SM but its not really normal for parents to bring the kids to school just for the 1st hour or so. Or just for a Science fair . Or well not in my kids school.

Looking at it as if nothing had happened, here's what I see.

It was a Friday in the last couple weeks of school. Therefore, the curriculum was all but completed for that year.

The science fair had cut one hour and fifteen minutes out of the normal school day. The talent show was going to cut another hour or so out of the day. They may have been able to skip recesses that day but they would still have to have lunch, which would take up another half hour or so.

The normal part of the school day would only have covered about two and a half hours that day.

So far as Kyron being in the talent show, after years of attending such shows what I would have expected from his grade would be a group song or dance. Not anything that would hinge on a single kid because you don't want everything to fall apart if that one kid gets stage fright.

Realistically, how much learning would you predict a bunch of excited kids would achieve on that day? If I were the teacher, I wouldn't be planning to teach anything new that day; I'd just be reviewing stuff the kids had already learned.

If I had been a parent at that school and planning a weekend trip, I would have considered touring the science fair with my child and then taking the kid home with me.

I'm betting that there were some families in that school that day who did just that: toured the science fair, which showcased individual effort from each kid, then took the child home with them so they could get started on their weekend plans.

So, IF we are to believe Tanner re the conversation between the two teachers (which clearly indicate Kyron was present at least when the groups were being formed), how does that fit into the-sm-did-this scenario?

Is that what you believe?

I haven't said that.

No, what I see are people taking a second-hand comment about the teachers and assuming it meant they saw her leave the building with Kyron.

Really? Who is doing that?

All we know about that morning is that Kyron was at the school sometime between 8:00 and 8:45 AM on June 4. There is a photo made by his stepmother that bears out that fact.

My opinion is that more than one person saw him leave with his SM. That's my opinion. It's based partially but not completely on the statement provided that the two teachers thought that he left with his stepmother.

I am pretty sure I have seen something like the sun pic before, though I am drawing a blank right now as to the artist. In judging children's artistic ability, a lot of times it's not about originality, rather, it's about their 'interpretation' of what they see, even if it's other paintings. I like his interpretation.

I am going to guess that the chipmunk drawing was not finished, and the object in the corner was either going to be a leaf or a bug.

As someone else said- yes, these are very happy paintings.

my kids are older. I really would have to dig in the attic to find out how good they were at drawing at age 7.

He seems to be such a good artist. Any art teachers out there?

Also, I have to wonder if that sun is from a book or a picture or a photo or something he was free-hand copying, or if it really was from his mind.

And is that a feather or a peace sign atop the squirrel drawing? It looks like a symbol - kinda tribal to me.

Really? Who is doing that? Maybe you should direct your posts at them.

All we know about that morning is that Kyron was at the school sometime between 8:00 and 8:45 AM on June 4. There is a photo made by his stepmother that bears out that fact.

My opinion is that more than one person saw him leave with his SM. That's my opinion. It's based partially but not completely on the statement provided that the two teachers thought that he left with his stepmother.

Exactly my thoughts.....it HAS been officially stated the two teachers saw him with the stepmother.......they assumed when roll call was taken that he must have gone with her.......

no one has said anyone saw him leave with her....that is still a rumor....and we dont know if it is true or false......but alot of people have heard it....and not all from one source.......

they wont confirm who saw Kyron at the last official siting at 9am or who he was with.......that is why alot of people are suss...the witholding of this info......well me anyway

In the e-mail by KH posted on the lawblog, he specifically asks everybody NOT to talk to the media. I found that a bit curious. Why would he not want people talking to the media if his child was "lost" in the woods, and what did he want people not to tell? This was on day 3. Terri also made a statement that people should not listen to the media (they had it all wrong, or some such). That was on day 2 or 3 as well.

http://ackerlaw.com/posts/2010/06/07/missing_child__kyron_horman_7

Here is my take on a few of your questions and a couple of others:

Why would dad refrain from telling people his child was lost in the woods: Lost in the woods was one of many scenarios by the FBI in the beginning, turns out that scenario was incorrect - why limit hypothesis in the beginning? Had nothing to do with 'not wanting to' had everything to do with the best interest of his missing child. moo

Regarding the e-mail: Intel in Oregon employs over 15,000 people. Think about the consequence to the investigation and to their missing child if even 1% of those people should take it upon themselves to talk with the media. Dad wanted to employ as many eyes as possible to help look for his son, without employing their mouths. moo

Someone said the letter was controlling and isolating: I would say structured. Dad is part of a huge corporation and needs to be careful how each and every word is interpreted by those in Intel. moo Suggesting to 15,000 employees to remain silent with the media is in the best interest of his missing child. Media will stay focused on finding Kyron rather than focusing on Intel employees. moo

Regarding asking people to not listen to the media: I was here in the very beginning, the first few pages, and the first thread. The information given by the media was incorrect, as usual, for a case such as this. Facts were wrong, as was just about everything else. Asking people to not listen to the media was, once again, in the best interest of finding her missing child. moo

The above is just my opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member