OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen any direct statements from teachers. That's about as close as it gets.

I think I said earlier, though, that there's another RUMORED witness that puts them leaving together.
Is this a rumor from comments? Please link to the source. If this is a rumor you heard elsewhere, then please leave it off the board. That is a pandoras box we are not opening.
gracias

Super Cute !

kyron_horman05_540x405.jpg

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10003676-6.html?tag=page;previous

Maybe joint custody. Both moms could have raised him equally.

The dad had custody since he was an infant, and the mom had him for the weekend once every two weeks. A number of sources have reported this, but I am unsure what thread those links were on....it was probably in the first or second one for sure, though.

In the below article it was stated (BBM): "However attendance records show the child was listed as absent. A spokesman for the Portland Public Schools said two teachers saw Kyron with his stepmother and thought the two left school together."

Read more: http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7018917245#ixzz0qtmSYbFz

Over the past 5 or so days I have read that quote get morphed and misinterpreted by a lot of people online to state that the two teachers SAW him leave with his stepmother instead of just thinking or assuming they left together. The people who I originally saw perpetuating that rumor online were quoting that very statement as fact that they SAW Kyron and his stepmom leave together. Obviously, that isn't what was reported.

Thank you for pointing that out. I noticed the same thing.

BBM. That's an odd statement but since it isn't a quote I won't take it that's how Gates said it. Either way, if I lived there you better believe I'd be taking extra precautions with my kids! A little boy was abducted and hasn't been found, that's enough for me!

I think his statement speaks volumes. My interpretation: The person who did this is under police surveillance. The person responsible for this crime is not going to offend again.

Now -- should you allow your 5 year old child to run around a shopping mall unsupervised? No . . . but any immediate threat to the public by the perp in this case is non-existent.

JMOO.

The absolute last thing that I would be worried about if my child was missing would be top Intel officials' impression of me . Who cares about gossip at this terrible time!!! Bring as much attention as possible to the case so somebody might recognize your "abducted" child. Dance naked on your lawn every day to bring more media to your home to post your child's photo all over Earth.

IMO, if I was a wife beater, child beater, heroin junkie, rapist, or possessed other really awful personality characteristics, I would worry that the media would expose my dark secrets.....but I would still want the media involved because my child's life is more important that mine.

(I have no knowledge that the family has any dark secrets.)
Well you should be worried! When the investigation is detoured by gossip and dead end leads, false accusations and incorrect information it delays finding the missing child . This is a very real problem imo, and the thought of people focusing on my skeletons instead of helping to find my child is frightening. Dancing on your lawn naked would most likely cause people to think perhaps you had something to do with the disappearance. This is where the rush to judgement becomes a problem. Tunnel vision on the wrong person for the wrong reasons can really detour a investigation.

Maybe focusing for so long on Jaycee Dugards' stepfather hampered finding garrido sooner. The clues were there, but no one saw them.

ETA: THIS IS A GENERAL STATEMENT AND NOT NECESSARILY RELATED TO THIS INVESTIGATION

The dad had custody since he was an infant, and the mom had him for the weekend once every two weeks. A number of sources have reported this, but I am unsure what thread those links were on....it was probably in the first or second one for sure, though.
For future the easiest way to find the links are to go to the media thread. :)

I think his statement speaks volumes. My interpretation: The person who did this is under police surveillance. The person responsible for this crime is not going to offend again.

Now -- should you allow your 5 year old child to run around a shopping mall unsupervised? No . . . but any immediate threat to the public by the perp in this case is non-existent.

JMOO.

It is also not being deemed an abduction, which also speaks volumes.

Well you should be worried! When the investigation is detoured by gossip and dead end leads, false accusations and incorrect information it delays finding the missing child is frightening. This is a very real problem imo, and the thought of people focusing on my skeletons instead of helping to find my child. Dancing on your lawn naked would most likely cause people to think perhaps you had something to do with the disappearance. This is where the rush to judgement becomes a problem. Tunnel vision on the wrong person for the wrong reasons can really detour a investigation.

Maybe focusing for so long on Jaycee Dugards' stepfather hampered finding garrido sooner. The clues were there, but no one saw them.

Thanks for bringing that up! That was my FIRST thought when they found Jaycee and I learned they were looking at the her stepdad! They just gave up searching because they were so sure they knew what happened.

For future the easiest way to find the links are to go to the media thread. :)

Thanks, I keep forgetting that there IS a media thread. Good time for a reminder.

I'm not surprised someone posted about it on FB; I figured they would eventually. I became aware of that same information a couple of days ago through a different source.

Let's just say it fits well with how I'm putting this puzzle together in my own head.
Looking at the public facebook page for the Island, (around 8 am pst, on June 15) there is a poster/commenter there who is censoring and deleting comments, saying people are only allowed to send well-wishes to the family.

That is beautiful, but why not have a facebook page for THAT? This is a community's page and I found it strange that it is being censored.

Is everyone supposed to stop thinking and feeling?

My neighbor is a janitor at the elementary school here. Small public school. He wears what ever he wants to. He has an employee ID card he has to carry. That's it. He said none of the janitors in our district ( about 45 schools ) are required to wear a uniform. Just like teachers or other staff members can wear what they want to. The staff does not have to have their ID's in plain sight either.

How can this be a criminal investigation but not an abduction. Even if someone in the family took him who did not have custody of him it would be a family abduction and still criminal (Am I correct?).
LE says there is no evidence he was abducted, the evidence is he is missing. Yet they still say it is a criminal investigation but the boy wasn't kidnapped....I just don't get it.

This is my first post, but I have been lurking for quite some time. A thought I keep having is about the quality of Kyron's science project. He obviously didn't do that all himself. I actually think they would have had to send the foam core to a printer to have the background applied (unless dad had the ability to do it at the office). Way above par for a 2nd grader IMO. Another parent, not necessarily a SO - but maybe someone with a violent demeanor, was upset because he/she put in a lot of time with their project without such great results. Just speculating...

I did just watch John Walsh on the Today Show. He seemed to want to keep it open as to whether the "perp" could be a family member or SO, but he did revisit a family member a few times.

I am really torn up about this case, since I have 3 boys of my own. I really can't shake the feeling that whoever took him (and at this point I don't believe he wandered away) was familiar to him in some way. So sad.

LE said that Kaine had helped Kyron with his project. I don't see anything sinister about that or I think many of us who are mothers and dads would be guilty of the same.

I thought John Walsh's statement was profound when he said the parents shouldn't be judged. I am sure when Adam went missing others tried to pass judgment on John's wife and be critical of her too and like he said he has walked in the shoes of these parents.

He also said not everyone can handle the media. Each parent handles their pain in their own way.

I did agree with John when he said this could have been a crime of opportunity and often times it turns out that way.

John knows at this point of the investigations all options are open. He did stress that the family of Kyron are fully cooperating but then LE has told us that all along.

The most mind boggling thing to me is this school didn't even have a visitor list of who they had allowed to come into their school that day. So how are they ever to know who really was all there and their names?

IMO

Boy, I'll tell you, little Kyron reminds me so much of Ethan Stacy. Such a handsome young man. Terribly sad and I hope he is found very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper