OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If my child had been abducted, I would do just about anything to get his picture posted all over Earth. The tabloids and news shows would focus on the case and they would show his photo over and over. If I am:
-completely honest with LE,
-my background is clean,
-my friends and family report that my marriage is healthy
-my friends and family report that we are mentally healthy
-and LE in my town is competent,
LE will know exactly why I danced on the lawn naked and they will focus on the finding my child. Getting your child's photo ingrained in everyone's mind, can help find one's child.

Interesting thoughts because there has not been a single negative comment about this family, their marriages, their mental health, their background, their honesty by anyone who actually KNOWS them. Only the people who have never seen them in person or met them before EVER are the ones making negative comments.

Since everyone keeps saying "people are talking" it seems that the people who know them from work, school, their neighborhood, their church, the gym, boy scouts, cub scouts, the day care center, the soccer team, personal friends, etc must be "talking" also. SO, why is it that the ONLY negative comments are coming from people who do NOT know them in any capacity? We have seen comments from the school staff, other parents, other kids that know the family well...guess what....every one of those comments from the people who were in their daily lives have been GOOD comments. This includes ALL the references to them by LE personnel.

And FWIW...we have seen no indication that LE is not 'competent'. IMO they have all acted in a very responsible and professional manner in this case.

jmoo

Re: cell phone pings.

My friend has multiple phones for different occasions! First is a friends and family type that has free evenings and weekends, given to her by family. Next is an old one she's using till the contract expires in two months. Next is her new fancy phone with a new contract. She even has a "pay as you go" type she's kept for some reason. Not to mention the few old ones she keeps in a drawer, meaning to donate. We tease her about her phone hoarding. LOL

So, if LE is possibly going on cell phone ping areas to search, it may have taken a few days to sort out which phone the perp carried at the time.

I think you are on the right track. The police are choosing their words carefully, but you can still use their words to make common sense conclusions:

The police have said separately that this is not an abduction and I think they have said he wasn't kidnapped. So -- we can assume he wasn't kidnapped or abducted. That's a relief! There's not a crazed SO running the halls of schools in Oregon.

Each time the police have been asked about family involvement, they've declined comment, but they have openly said this isn't a kidnapping or abduction.

Reach for your common sense hat and put it on. :)

Very sadly...:( based on these facts (at this time), this is the conclusion I have reached.

BBM: See, that is what is so frustrating. On other forums, the parents or grandparents are criticized for saying "my daughter",or "my granddaughter" and not referring to her by name.
No matter what people do or say, someone is going to find fault with it. This isn't directed at you, personally, btw... I just bounced off your post to make a point. So please forgive me and don't take this the wrong way.
This man is an engineer, apparently that was a company email.... he chose to be formal, rather than personal. I see nothing wrong with that at all.

I agree. Someone will always say, "That's not how I'd act." I don't think it means guilt of anything necessarily. I just find it weird, and was commenting on the parts of the letter that I could and couldn't relate to.

BBM. Unfortunately you answered your own question in your 2nd sentence, I think.

MOO.
Ok. I also think if a stepmother takes a 7 year old when he is supposed to be at school it would be an abduction by the stepmother.

What does BBM stand for in your post?

Kyron Horman search intensifies around Sauvie Island
Posted on June 15, 2010 at 8:08 AM

Updated today at 8:13 AM

PORTLAND -- On the 11th day of the search for Kyron Harmon, a missing 7-year-old Portland boy, investigators intensified their search in the area of Sauvie Island. From KGW's Sky 8 helicopter, searchers in wetsuits were seen moving through waist-high water while someone on shore provided directions.

A dive team searched swamps and ponds around the rural NW Portland area, and crews also searched around the Multnomah Channel. Investigators would not say what led them to this area, but it was the fourth consecutive days that crews scoured Sauvie Island

http://www.nwcn.com/news/oregon/Kyron-Horman-search-intensifies-around-Sauvie-Island-96382549.html

Apparently to some Terri's trip to the gym to EXERCISE and blinking excessively in front of a dozen cameras w/flashing lights is considered as or more suspicious than if she'd refused to stay in the home where Kyron lived, got a tattoo of Kyron on her calf, and was planning/going on an "all-expenses paid by the media" second honeymoon!! :waitasec: Maybe she should borrow the line, "I was at work"...
~ MO ~

Well considering I could never speak to the media, I canNOT cry in front of people (particularly strangers), I tend to withdraw into myself when overwhelmingly stressed, and have a problem with very dry eyes, I guess I should just go ahead and fit myself for an orange jumpsuit. I like to be proactive, ya know.

We are better off sticking with a "rumor thread" because those abound. To start a "fact thread" would take all of two seconds and look something like this.

Kyron Horman is missing

Hold on lemme think, there must be more to add here . . . .

nope that's it.

A rumor thread would be much larger with much more fodor but I prefer to stay away from the rumor mill out of respect for Kyron and his family.

So that leaves me pretty much zip to contribute. light on facts, heavy on rumor and me not prepared to join the speculation as to workouts and unusual custody arrangements, etc.

I'll go back to watching the thread go by.

Funny how each of us focuses on something different in a photo. Each time I see that photo I see the desk, in a hallway. Do kids sit out there by themselves while the others are in class. Is it a "time out" area? If so, is there supervision of students out there when the teacher is teaching class?

Typically desks outside the classroom are used for individual tutoring by parent volunteers--like help with reading or math to help get slower kids caught up. I really doubt it would be a "time-out." If a kid needed that, they would be sent to the principal's office.

OK ..It ISN'T a kidnapping. It ISN'T an abduction. People DON'T have to take extra precautions for their children. It IS now a criminal investigation. I take it they don't believe he just wondered off or ran away. So what IS it?
I am so confused.

I think you are on the right track. The police are choosing their words carefully, but you can still use their words to make common sense conclusions:

The police have said separately that this is not an abduction and I think they have said he wasn't kidnapped. So -- we can assume he wasn't kidnapped or abducted. That's a relief! There's not a crazed SO running the halls of schools in Oregon.

Each time the police have been asked about family involvement, they've declined comment, but they have openly said this isn't a kidnapping or abduction.

Reach for your common sense hat and put it on. :)

Did they say this after they said the case is now a criminal investigation?

If so, would you please provide a link because I missed that somehow.

I know at first when they were searching for Kyron for 10 days they were refusing to say it was a kidnapping or an abduction. Heck they were refusing to say anything much about anything except they were gathering massive search teams to search for him. And at that time how would they know if it was and abduction or not? I think they were trying desperately to find a very alive Kyron then.

Have they been asked this since the case turned into a criminal case or have they just said "no comment" on everything that the media has ask them if it had to do with investigating Kyron's case. I thought the Sheriff got real testy because they keep asking him things they know he is not going to divulge. How many more "no comment" does it take for them to understand he just isn't going to answer ANYTHING when it comes to the investigation.:waitasec:

I would think since it just became a criminal investigation that it would be SOP and they aren't ruling anyone in or out at this time. Publicly I mean. What they believe happened is known only to LE and that is the way it should be imo.

IMO

Ok. I also think if a stepmother takes a 7 year old when he is supposed to be at school it would be an abduction by the stepmother.

What does BBM stand for in your post?

BBM = Bolded By Me

I believe that a custodial parent can take their child out of school if they choose. In this case, I believe SM would be considered a custodial parent.

Maybe this varies by location, but this would be my understanding.

I am remaining open-minded as much as possible given how little we really know; I just can't shake the horrible feeling that SM somehow removing Kyron from school after she dropped him off makes the most sense for him just not being there and possibly going with someone willingly.

MOO.

Why would a uniform make a difference? My kids and I know who the janitor in our school is. Why would a uniform make the situation more or less safe? I'm not getting it!

Because uniforms would make it clear who belongs in the school and who does not.

Interesting thoughts because there has not been a single negative comment about this family, their marriages, their mental health, their background, their honesty by anyone who actually KNOWS them. Only the people who have never seen them in person or met them before EVER are the ones making negative comments.

Since everyone keeps saying "people are talking" it seems that the people who know them from work, school, their neighborhood, their church, the gym, boy scouts, cub scouts, the day care center, the soccer team, personal friends, etc must be "talking" also. SO, why is it that the ONLY negative comments are coming from people who do NOT know them in any capacity? We have seen comments from the school staff, other parents, other kids that know the family well...guess what....every one of those comments from the people who were in their daily lives have been GOOD comments. This includes ALL the references to them by LE personnel.

And FWIW...we have seen no indication that LE is not 'competent'. IMO they have all acted in a very responsible and professional manner in this case.O

jmoo
Whoa...I never suggested that this county's Sheriff's Office is incompetent. Please reread my post. I stated "if my town's LE was competent" and I don't live in this county.

IMO, this is why negative comments are occurring: LE has not cleared the family and stated that they are not involved in the disappearance. LE stated that it is an isolated case and implied that other children are not in danger from this perp. Ask yourself why only the Horman's child was in danger from this perp?

I just thought of something...what janitor dresses like that? Looks like street clothes...and an emo-ish type of look. That looks like a teenager, IMO. I could be totally wrong, but that doesn't look like a janitor to me. Wonder who he is. Maybe a parent, but why is he on the upper floor, then? Parent-teacher conference?

Thanks for bringing that up, TopTop!

In the Portland area, it is not unusual to see janitors dressed in street clothes. That's been my experience, anyway. I rarely have seen a janitor dressed in overalls or the typical "uniform."

OK ..It ISN'T a kidnapping. It ISN'T an abduction. People DON'T have to take extra precautions for their children. It IS now a criminal investigation. I take it they don't believe he just wondered off or ran away. So what IS it?
I am so confused.

I think it may be what John Walsh mentioned today. LE tries to calm the situation down.

And really with that school being on high alert now (hopefully) no other child at the school is in danger.

IMO

LE said that Kaine had helped Kyron with his project. I don't see anything sinister about that or I think many of us who are mothers and dads would be guilty of the same.

IMO

BBM and snipped

I don't think it is sinister to help a child with their project. My point was that someone else could have been upset with the project's quality and therefore been some sort of motive (demented as it may be).

Also, I really feel that the person involved (if someone is involved) that it is someone they know whether it is a family member or someone else close to the family.

How can this be a criminal investigation but not an abduction. Even if someone in the family took him who did not have custody of him it would be a family abduction and still criminal (Am I correct?).
LE says there is no evidence he was abducted, the evidence is he is missing. Yet they still say it is a criminal investigation but the boy wasn't kidnapped....I just don't get it.
Hi, HollywoodBound. Thought I'd throw my thoughts in with your questions.

To me it says a lot, that, as you state and ask: "How can this be a criminal investigation but not an abduction[?]" It's for us to narrow down in our minds what this could mean. He was not abducted; by stranger or family. I think they know who the perpetrator is; I believe they've suspected and then confirmed it very early on, but are not going to disclose this yet. If they know it is a criminal investigation than they know that someone did something that is a crime against Kyron.

So sad, but maybe their saying he is missing, (is this still being stated, that Kyron is "missing'?) but has not been abducted or kidnapped, is a way of stating that his body is missing. (I apologize if that is offensive; it just seems to be reasonable at this point, however heartbreaking).

Just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member