OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem is LE is not held up to a standard when it comes to lying. They have that grace to put out there whatever they think will best serve the investigation and targeted to whomever where they see a need. IMO

I think you're right scandi - LE can tell us anything, make up things, and do whatever cause their sole focus is to bring Kyron home. moo

KGW live tonight:

Blazers star Brandon Roy came to school today for an assembly - kids loved it... he hugged every teacher.

At six tonight:

More on live search of Sauvie.

Sheriffs boat on the channel, deputy with binoculars. Focus on Multnomah Channel, ditches nearby.

Still unknown if Kyron's family will be in attendance at vigil tonight. If kids are brought to vigil, they should be prepared for tonight--tough topics, tears, stress.
Have you heard anything of what's going on?Sheriffs boat on channel?That sounds serious.

I just wrote a long post and lost it. :furious: Anyway, short version-- I'm a previous lurker. I'm local so decided to join in here.

My previous post described in greater detail that my kids went to a PPS elementary of similar size to Skyline and the security sounds similar. I'm not surprised that IF the teacher thought Kyron left with SM, she wouldn't follow up further.

The thing I was curious about is what a poster said in the last thread about many Skyline students being transfers. This is common in the Portland School District and I was thinking about it last night. It's possible that kids from Sauvie Island would attend Skyline. There's an elementary on the the island, but Skyline, which includes grades 6-8, is actually closer that the middle school they would normally attend. It also is a highly rated school. I wouldn't be surprised if people from Sauvie Island would send their kids to Skyline. Thus, providing a stronger link to the Island that just a good place to dump a body. I was curious whether the info the previous poster found, indicated where the transfers are from and whether some of them are out of district.

Sauvie Island is not part of the Portland Public School system. They could not transfer to Skyline without paying tuition. Only children from within the Portland school district could transfer to Skyline.

The bolded quote from the article above is interesting to me. They don't want to "cloud anyone's recollection". They also want to make sure the perp doesn't know everything they know, as it could tip him/her off as to what times to lie about. They do not want to give any hints that may alter someone's timeline...

Or time to think of an excuse or alibi. Besides that, I'm pretty sure LE doesn't want the perp to know who potentially saw him/her at an inconvenient time - that could be very bad for the witness's safety. I did notice the information flow came to a dead halt after those interviews at the school. That's right about the time Gates was in tears as well.

Interesting line of thought. Thank you!

The reporter on NG tonight was making it sound like indeed SM and Kyron were there at the school early but by roll call he was declared absent. FWIW

Which is true.

We just don't know when roll call was. And they're not telling.

I just noticed kyron wasn't wearing his glasses in the science project picture his SM took, I wonder why? This could of been brought up before and I missed it. I feel like most of kyrons pictures he had them on?

He was; LE just released a 'photoshopped' image so people could see what he'd look like without his glasses.

New Picture of Kyron Horman Kyron without eye glasses - 06/15/10

Attached is a picture of Kyron Horman that has altered only to the extent to remove the eye glasses. This has been done to provide a photo to the public to show what Kyron would look like without eye glass. It is hoped that this photo will help to bring Kyron home.

http://www.flashalertnewswire.net/images/news/2010-06/1276/36087/Kyron-NoGlasses.JPG

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276

Even though they are searching for him now in the waterway sometimes I feel they may still think Kyron is out there alive somewhere.

IMO

I just noticed kyron wasn't wearing his glasses in the science project picture his SM took, I wonder why? This could of been brought up before and I missed it. I feel like most of kyrons pictures he had them on?

That photo was altered today and posted by LE.
It's the same, original photo as ever. Just minus the glasses.

Or time to think of an excuse or alibi. Besides that, I'm pretty sure LE doesn't want the perp to know who potentially saw him/her at an inconvenient time - that could be very bad for the witness's safety. I did notice the information flow came to a dead halt after those interviews at the school. That's right about the time Gates was in tears as well.

Interesting line of thought. Thank you!

Yes-this is when everything became "no comment", even things they had said earlier. So IMO, they learned things that led them to disbelieve certain other things.

Yet another show tonight when the last sentences I heard was one of NG's guests casting suspicion on the family because they aren't forthcoming enough. Whatever the heck that means. The segment ended not with more info about the location and a big pic of Kyron, but of some guest and his opinion. This is not right. These media shows want the public to turn the families into circus acts so that more viewers will watch their shows IMO. Their opinions aren't forthcoming either, and are not helping to find the child. The whole school was open to just anyone walking in and the substitute or secretary did not follow up on the "absent" missing child. I wouldn't even know what town this happened in by watching tv. Poor Kyron. He's most likely been taken by some nut or something happened to him while his family is being criticized. It's probably not enough to be questioned in the beginning by some overpowering detective, but the public and tv has to get all involved.

Sauvie Island is not part of the Portland Public School system. They could not transfer to Skyline without paying tuition. Only children from within the Portland school district could transfer to Skyline.

Gwenabob fyi,

There are people on Sauvie Island who have children at Skyline. This was confirmed via KGW new story June 11.They may be paying tuition, per your post.

I can't even imagine any of these tight-lipped Portland officers going on that show or one like it...JMO

I'm glad they don't! This LE operation has been stellar so far, as frustrating as it is for us...

If that is true, then LE flatout lied at the press conference. The question was asked directly, "Has LE told the family not to speak to media?" LE's answer was a direct NO. He said LE has told the family they will help facilitate any such statement when the family feels they are ready to speak to the media.

His denial was firm. We talked about it here and I posted at the time that I found it curious they just left the family to hang out to dry like that.

So, if that was a lie told by LE, at a press conference no less, what else have they lied about?

They could have "asked", they could have implied it would impede the investigation, there's a number of ways they could have gotten that message across and yet he'd still answer truthfully with "no". Also to consider is that TY is a police detective. He could have advised them to stay away from media.

I think the problem is LE is not held up to a standard when it comes to lying. They have that grace to put out there whatever they think will best serve the investigation and targeted to whomever where they see a need. IMO
oh and that is so true. they can lie and say whatever they want to get the job done. i hate it and love it.

I have just heard about this case for the first time. I see websleuthers have been on the case for quite a while but maybe someone could help me with a quick catch up.

I am unclear about this point, the stepmom and Kyron were seen in the school. When did the stepmother say was the last time she saw him? Did she leave him in his classroom? Did she walk him to the cafeteria before leaving?

I had not heard it when watching this pc the first time, but around 9:00 minutes in, a reporter asks if it is rare or if he has seen it before where someone other than a parent has went into a school and took a child. Then Gates says you put me on the spot with that question but um well um, I have never seen it before in my career.

http://www.kptv.com/video/23839384/index.html

Does anyone recall if the SM actually sent an email on 6/4 to Kyron's teacher asking when she could pick up the science project? Is this stated in an actual news story somewhere? I ask because it seems odd to me to have time that afternoon to pick up the project if necessary, but then have your kid take the bus home. Why not just make it a special day and do the pick-up? Sorry if this point has already been addressed.

It's a bit interesting that Natisha is boots on the ground in Portland, IMO. I think she plans to be there awhile for NG - so I don't know if that is good news or bad news or really just sad news, but at least it's national coverage & interest news on HLN 3 times every night for Kyron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member