OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...if this was me, I would have called 911... and then not let the child out of my sight if I truly thought it was him. If this child was walking in the middle of the night it doesn't matter WHO it was, that is worthy of a 911 call and not leaving him there alone. If they were in a vehicle, he could get a plate number and possibly follow them. Plus, most truckers have radio contact with officers.

That just seems weird to me. :waitasec:

I don't think there's any indication this sighting was "in the middle of the night". It may well have been in the afternoon, at an hour when little kids are normally going around to friends' homes, etc. And the term "highway" can mean a lot of different things. I have a vacation home in a rural area, and one of the roads through there that is officially named a "highway" is one lane in each direction, with driveways leading to farmhouses all along the way. Totally normal for 7 year old kids to be walking along the edge of of across the road to a friend's house, or in some cases to a different part of their own family's farm.

From the map, it looks like once you get a little ways out of the city of Portland, Highway 26 turns into this type of road. If the trucker saw the boy, he may have thought little or nothing of it. Then later he got home and turned on the news, saw the pictures and description of missing Kyron, and thought to himself "that little kid I saw *might* have been him", and call in the tip then.

The fact he could not answer the question about who last saw Kyron and the question about if they have any POI's really makes me think they have something.

I can't help but wonder if maybe they shouldn't rethink their "waiting" because if I had to take a gander at it, I would say that KYRON has probably BEEN ready to have his family plea to his adbuctor (if that is what happened) or at least plead to anyone who may know any information to come forward NOW.....while it IS useful to the case??!!!

I'm just not getting this mentality....:waitasec:

A reporter named Mehgan from KATU talked to the bio-mom last night. Bio-mom says she wants to talk but doesn't want to hinder the investigation.

This says to me that LE/FBI are advising the family not to speak to the media. If LE or the FBI thought it would be advantageous to speak to the media, I have no doubt that the family would be out there talking.

JMO

http://twitter.com/KATUMeghan

So we only learned one thing, that he was last seen in the school at about 9am? And they can't even say who it was that last saw him? Odd how they can't talk about almost anything regarding this investigation.

The fact he could not answer the question about who last saw Kyron and the question about if they have any POI's really makes me think they have something.

And they can't even say if they have interviewed sex offenders in the area? This is all so strange.

Yikes. But he/she go after females.

Victim Profile: Minor Females

In a child as young as 7... the gender is not as big of a deal.... I don't know how young the female victims were, or what the crime actually was. I am just saying as far as Kyron goes.

In older kids it becomes much more specific but oftentimes a predator is not nearly as specific in a child so young.

I don't think there's any indication this sighting was "in the middle of the night". It may well have been in the afternoon, at an hour when little kids are normally going around to friends' homes, etc. And the term "highway" can mean a lot of different things. I have a vacation home in a rural area, and one of the roads through there that is officially named a "highway" is one lane in each direction, with driveways leading to farmhouses all along the way. Totally normal for 7 year old kids to be walking along the edge of of across the road to a friend's house, or in some cases to a different part of their own family's farm.

From the map, it looks like once you get a little ways out of the city of Portland, Highway 26 turns into this type of road. If the trucker saw the boy, he may have thought little or nothing of it. Then later he got home and turned on the news, saw the pictures and description of missing Kyron, and thought to himself "that little kid I saw *might* have been him", and call in the tip then.

I don't recall any point on HWY 26 where seeing a child walking would not be unusual. I know if I saw a child walking there I would stop immediately, whether or not there were any missing children.

And they can't even say if they have interviewed sex offenders in the area? This is all so strange.

He essentially said they would do that if they narrowed their focus down to them. Which makes me think their focus is somewhere else because the focus is always the sex offender's first.

Not likely any abductor is going to make any effort or take any chances to deal with any kind of health issue anyway. If, by some stroke of luck he was taken by a caring and loving person who wanted to have a child, then Kyron is old enough to say I need my asthma medicine, or I am allergic to peanuts or whatever it might be.

jmoo

Highway 26 is a busy highway, it would be very abnormal for a child to be seen walking down it.. I'm wondering if he was referring to Cornelius Pass road, as that's a main road people use to get to Portland also...

Re the white truck.
Rock Creek Rd runs over the railroad lines. Do terrain or 3D google, lots of roads to nowhere, ravines and ponds. If he's out there he's a needle in a haystack.
It is also dope planting season. that area probably has seasonal population changes.

What if, and yes I realize this idea may seem WAAAAAAY out there, but, since everyone seems to think that LE seems to know something (i.e., reason for sending kids back to the school with no fears, don't want help, etc.)....what if Kryon did leave on his own and hid somewhere?

And, what if during the search LE did find him but he pleaded with them not to take him back home/to school? Perhaps someone at home or at the school had been picking on him/abusing him and he is afraid to go back? Maybe they have him at a secure safe location pumping him for info before they make any further moves? Maybe that's why they seem to know something, don't want any help with the search, etc.?

Maybe just wishful thinking on my part that he's at least alive? So sad.
This would not happen. My husbands a LE officer and if the child told someone he had been abused they would remove him and put him in foster care or with another safe family member and they would tell the Step mom and dad or mom what they are being accused of. They have to it's not a option for them to "hide him" because he is scared.

I don't understand. How could it possibly hinder the investigation for the family to say he's a lovely child and they love him very much and everybody wants him to come home soon? It might not help either, but who knows.

not really releasing much info and the stuff they are is bizarre

Highway 26 is a busy highway, it would be very abnormal for a child to be seen walking down it.. I'm wondering if he was referring to Cornelius Pass road, as that's a main road people use to get to Portland also...

The media person who asked specifically said Hwy 26.

East Coast here, HLN's just covered the story. Showed LEO speaking at PC breaking down into tears...not a good sign IMO.

I saw on the weather channel earlier today,Portland had a small landslide,because of heavy rains this weekend.
http://www.katu.com/news/local/95770064.html
If it was raining,this could have hindered the search and tracking him.He could still be in the woods,I'm hoping they don't give up on searching in those woods around the school.Thank goodness that man went in and found Nadia,LE was just about to call it quits.

i dont know, if LE advises them not to does that mean they think this might be for ranson? just putting that out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem