OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I didn't necessarily mean "hide" him. I just meant keep him somewhere until they question him further. But anyway, as someone else pointed out, if that scenario was possible, then the FBI wouldn't have been called in. And, that's true and something I had totally forgotten about before I made my comment.

This would not happen. My husbands a LE officer and if the child told someone he had been abused they would remove him and put him in foster care or with another safe family member and they would tell the Step mom and dad or mom what they are being accused of. They have to it's not a option for them to "hide him" because he is scared.

I don't understand. How could it possibly hinder the investigation for the family to say he's a lovely child and they love him very much and everybody wants him to come home soon? It might not help either, but who knows.

It could hurt if someone took him out of spite or revenge directed toward this family and if it might encourage them to escalate their behavior by seeing how successful they were being at torturing the family members.

jmoo

Sheriff in Kyron Horman Search Vows, 'We're Going to Bring You Home Buddy'
Portland Second-Grader Disappeared From School Last Week

June 7, 2010
An investigator in Oregon vowed to bring home a missing second grader, choking up as he tried to send a message to 7-year-old Kyron Horman.
Kyron Horman: School in Crisis Mode as Search Continues
Searchers have yet to find a trace of 7-year-old Kyron Horman, who proudly showed off his project on frogs before vanishing Friday morning. He was last seen by his step-mother walking toward his classroom, 150 feet away. He never made it.
(FlashAlertPortland.Net)

"Kyron, we're going to bring you home buddy," Multnomah County Sheriff's Capt. Jason Gates said today, struggling to hold back tears. "Nothing is more important to your family and friends."

Gates said authorities have received 1,200 tips,

~~snip~~
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Media/kyron-horman-school-crisis-mode-search-continues/story?id=10847733

I don't think there's any indication this sighting was "in the middle of the night".

I think I assumed it was at a time when the road was not well traveled...because if it was in the middle of the day in an area frequented by children a mother would have been likely to stop or call it in.

Since it was a trucker, who frequently travel at night and we haven't heard anyone else also saw him on Highway 26... I think that's where I got the impression it was at night.

Also with someone in the area saying that it would be highly unusual to see a child walking there... :waitasec:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5256331&postcount=795"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Forensic Astrology - CASE BRIEFINGS only[/ame]
Leomoon has posted a chart.

I can't help but wonder if maybe they shouldn't rethink their "waiting" because if I had to take a gander at it, I would say that KYRON has probably BEEN ready to have his family plea to his adbuctor (if that is what happened) or at least plead to anyone who may know any information to come forward NOW.....while it IS useful to the case??!!!

I'm sure if police felt it would be really useful to the case to have the family going on camera making pleas, they'd be doing it. I don't think it usually does any good at all -- just makes the family feel like they're doing something to try to find the child.

There are obviously some complicated family issues here, and that may be part of the reason the family is staying out of the media (with the exception of the stepmother's mother, who did quite a bit of yakking early on). Kyron disappeared while in the custody of his father and stepmother, with the stepmother being the last to see him. Meanwhile, the biological mother, for reasons we don't know, lost or gave up primary custody of Kyron when he was an infant, which is quite unusual.

Even more unusual is that the stepmother has been Kyron's primary mother since before she was actually married to his father. And that the stepmother's own biological son doesn't live with her or with his biological father, but rather with his mother's parents. And Kyron's biological mother obviously wants to stay closely involved in Kyron's life, since she sees him every other week. So she may be (speculating here, on account of her not having had custody of him since he was infant) a bit unstable, possibly with a drug abuse or criminal history (remember the tidbit from the stepgrandmother that Kyron is "afraid of police") or mental health issues, and furious with the stepmother for "losing my son". If the stepmother and father go on camera, the biological mother would likely be eager to follow and might be very difficult to stop if she was really angry. Nobody needs family drama sprawled in the media, unless there's reason to believe it could actually aid in finding Kyron. Waiting for the family to be "ready" to speak publicly may be a euphemism for waiting for them to calm down and stop screaming at each other.

Given what we know about all the layers of biological parents and stepparents and somewhat unusual custody arrangements, even if they're all wonderful people, there's got to be some serious stress and conflict between the various parties in a situation like this. I would assume some stress and conflict in a complex family like this, even in the best of times, with no missing child emergency to fan the flames.

I would think that if someone did it out of revenge and to torture the family...this would still be fueling the fire. They have said they are traumatized and too upset to talk. I would think that would be more satisfying to a perp than actually having them come out and talk. It shows them even MORE upset presumably... the way I see it. :waitasec:

Sheriff in Kyron Horman Search Vows, 'We're Going to Bring You Home Buddy'

"Kyron, we're going to bring you home buddy," Multnomah County Sheriff's Capt. Jason Gates said today, struggling to hold back tears. "Nothing is more important to your family and friends."

~~snip~~
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Media/kyron-horman-school-crisis-mode-search-continues/story?id=10847733

Does anyone else think this case and the investigation is being handled strangely? Not releasing hardly any info, parents not speaking, can't comment on just about everything...but his case is being covered on HLN etc? Not being disrespectful to LE at all but saying maybe they know something different is going on here.

If you were an abducted 7 year old being told that your parents didn't want you anymore. That's why this person had you... then you watched TV and never ever saw your parents on there... how would you feel? That's how I always look at it. All the kids that come back and say they SAW coverage of the search for them. I would want my kid to see ME.

I can't imagine that an abductor who is trying to control a child by telling him his parents don't want him anymore, would be allowing him to watch TV news, where he'd be likely to see his tearful parents pleading for his return.

May I have the birth mother's name again,please?The articles have her still as Horman,but I think it's something Young.Is she remarried?

Hopefully, all staff and parents that attended the school that morning are looking at the pictures of the sex offenders page in an attempt to see if anyone can remember seeing any of them there. If it was me I'd show it to my kids too, asking if they've ever seen any one looking like any of these people around the school grounds. Should be protocol!

It could hurt if someone took him out of spite or revenge directed toward this family and if it might encourage them to escalate their behavior by seeing how successful they were being at torturing the family members.

jmoo

Speaking of spite and revenge...I suppose that it could be that he was taken as a way of causing distress to one of the adults in the family,... possibly by someone who felt rejected. Maybe bio or step-mom has a stalker who wants to cause trouble. Remember how President Reagan's shooter imagined he had a relationship with Jodi Foster?

Does anybody know if they used tracking dogs? That would show if he actually left the building and could follow Kyron's sent out of the school building. If he never left the building, that would be an entirely different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem