OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say; in defense of non-custodial moms, another reason a new mother might have not fought for custody could be if she was very young when he was born. Maybe the dad didn't want to marry her and she was afraid she couldn't raise the baby all alone. Maybe she had bad legal advice. Maybe they had a judge who was biased against women. We don't know what her circumstances were. Being unfit as a parent is only one possibility out of many.

Yes.

The bottom line is this... if police, FBI and other professionals have decided that the family should keep quiet and stay out of the media, then they should keep quiet and stay out of the media, regardless of how "bad" it may look to some people. If my child was missing and LE told me it would help the investigation to go stand on my head, I'd damned well do it. I don't think we should be second guessing the professionals here.

Just curious.....can you give an example of a case in the past where LE encouraged the family to NOT make any appearances, statements, statement read by family spokesperson?.......I haven't been able to come up with one :waitasec:

Is there a link to a press conference or statement from LE stating they have asked the family NOT to speak to the media....or is this assumption at this point?

Sorry.....just for the life of me, I cannot come up with one single solitary reasonable explanation where the physical presence of a mother pleading into a camera for ANYONE who may have ANY information that can lead to the safe return of their much loved son would hinder any investigation.... :furious:

Especially 5 days in...but I know....they aren't "ready" yet....whatever that means?

i am not sure that there has ever been a case where doing this has resulted in the abductor "repenting" and deciding to return a child. It has also been less than THREE days since he was reported missing, not 5, although it seems like forever. For myself, I have to assume that LE is not doing this because they have better knowledge, skills, and information that is determining their plan. I don't feel that parents should go on camera to assuage the publics need to view and judge their grief. There must be better reasons than that.

jmoo

Yes.

The bottom line is this... if police, FBI and other professionals have decided that the family should keep quiet and stay out of the media, then they should keep quiet and stay out of the media, regardless of how "bad" it may look to some people. If my child was missing and LE told me it would help the investigation to go stand on my head, I'd damned well do it. I don't think we should be second guessing the professionals here.

Well said. I'm with you.

i hope this is real and not someone looking for attention.

i actually hope it IS someone looking for attention...I would much rather see a 'balloon boy' safe somewhere, than a very real endangered or lost child.

Just wondered if Kyron was into computers? Kids love them nowdays with so many videos and gaming sites. Could he have been approached on line by a predator interested in "seeing his red-eye frog exhibit"? Or, could a predator have just followed Kyron's messages to others about his exhibit?

I'm sure he probably was into computers. With his dad's work and having the older step brother living there previously. My 7 yr old is very smart and loves the computer. she has her own facebook page and gets on a few websites. We watch what she is doing on the computer.

i am not sure that there has ever been a case where doing this has resulted in the abductor "repenting" and deciding to return a child. It has also been less than THREE days since he was reported missing, not 5, although it seems like forever. For myself, I have to assume that LE is not doing this because they have better knowledge, skills, and information that is determining their plan. I don't feel that parents should go on camera to assuage the publics need to view and judge their grief. There must be better reasons than that.

jmoo

No, but it has inspired some who have information they have NOT shared with LE for a variety of reasons as of yet (such as their own criminal activites), but the sight of a devastated, crying and pleading mother is enough for them to finally come forward. THAT is why most LE encourage family to go before the media...

My bad.....he has been missing since Friday morning......four days....split the difference with you.

I've been thinking about the older son who lives with his grandparents and I believe at his age he can decide who he wants to live with according to the courts,if asked.But his father lives around the grandparents,it was him and his father going to the weekend boyscout trip.The photos show the grandparents live on a farm and he has a horse,it could just be this was a decision the boy wanted.He lives with his grandparents,gets to do things with his father,etc.Kyron's mother sees him every two weeks,so maybe this is when Terri sees her son and parents.Family dynamics has so drastically changed nowadays and it's not always bad,if an older child chooses to live with another parent or grandparents,for that matter.Just saying...

Just curious.....can you give an example of a case in the past where LE encouraged the family to NOT make any appearances, statements, statement read by family spokesperson?.......I haven't been able to come up with one :waitasec:

Is there a link to a press conference or statement from LE stating they have asked the family NOT to speak to the media....or is this assumption at this point?
Darlin Gal has posted at least a couple of times where it seems obvious the family has been told to keep quiet. I don't know if there have been past cases where family have been warned to stay away from media, but that doesn't really matter. What matters is doing what LE thinks will help them locate Kyron.

Also consider this....

FBI CARD team and profilers are involved. If they thought it would be helpful for family to get in front of cameras and plead for his return, they would have placed them there already.

Zoey's family, Nadia's family....just two recent cases involving young children where parents didn't speak out to the media until after they were found.

Again, jmo.

I just want to say; in defense of non-custodial moms, another reason a new mother might have not fought for custody could be if she was very young when he was born. Maybe the dad didn't want to marry her and she was afraid she couldn't raise the baby all alone. Maybe she had bad legal advice. Maybe they had a judge who was biased against women. We don't know what her circumstances were. Being unfit as a parent is only one possibility out of many.

Yes, we certainly don't know that the biological mom had any serious negative issues that account for her not having kept custody of her infant son, much less that she still has any such issues. However, she apparently still uses the last name Horman, and it's been reported that she and his father were divorced on a certain date shortly after Kyron was born, so they were married when he was born. That tells me aren't talking about someone who was a victim of statutory rape, gave birth at a very early age to a young father who couldn't/wouldn't pay child support, etc. Kyron's father apparently has a good job at Intel, and is now married to a licensed school teacher who has a 16 year old son, so it's unlikely that seven years ago he was married to a woman who was too young to take care of a baby. It's just extremely unusual for a "fit" mother not to retain at least equally shared custody of an infant in a divorce.

In response to the small amount of info being released, as well as the family being asked not to make any statements/press releases...there could be a very good reason. This sounds almost EXACTLY like what has been going on with the Mackenzie Cowell case. Almost 4mos after Mackenzie was reported missing and heartbreakingly found murdered, did her mother go before the media and plea for any tips that would lead to the monster who killed her daughter. The family was under strict instruction from LE to NOT release any information regarding the case. For those of us who follow it, there are a great number that are still baffled as to why so little info is being released....and unfortunately it seems the same thing is happening here with poor little Kyron. I hope and pray that the unforseen reasons for silence have nothing but a positive impact on the search for this sweet boy and that he is found alive and unharmed!!

This is my first post on this case. I really, really wish Kyron to be found safe and well...but, to me, this doesn't look good.

Human nature doesn't really point towards the scenario that a stranger just went into the school and grabbed the first vulnerable kid they saw. Most likely, who ever did this knew the school, the hallways and parking lot, knew there was an event going on and knew Kyron.
Offenders don't want to be caught. You wouldn't just chance walking into a random school.

Of course, just my opinion.

Praying for you, Kyron. Bless you sweetie.

Got a link? :winkaway:

When you posted you couldn't think of "one single solitary reasonable explanation where the physical presence of a mother pleading into a camera for ANYONE who may have ANY information that can lead to the safe return of their much loved son would hinder any investigation", my answer was LE says so. That was meant in general in any case, not necessarily just this one.

Darlin gal has posted at least twice that I know of where bio mom indicated she couldn't talk because she didn't want to hinder the investigation. That would have come from LE. And like I said above, if police and FBI thought it would help, we'd see the parents in front of the cameras.

Personally, I don't care to see them interviewed or making statements.

Also, if they're still interviewing kids who may have important clues as to what happened to Kyron, I would think it's best to keep a tight control on what's said so as not to influence their responses and recollections of what happened that morning.

Will someone please provide a link to either a video or statement made by LE stating they do not want the family to speak to the public?

I do not feel that is the case. I feel it has been the family's decision up to this point not to talk to the media.

Has Desiree's sister's FB been mentioned?I'm reading it now,she's saying she can't talk about the case,but wants to get flyers out.She lives in Medford,also.

Actually I can't think of a case off-hand whereby a child was released by their abductor as a direct result of the parents televised plea. I for one am going to trust for now that the FBI profiler may be of the opinion that a televised plea made by the parents at this time could result in increasing the perp's agitation level and potentially cause him/her to panic and fatally harm Kyron. JMHO at the moment ~

Darlin Gal has posted at least a couple of times where it seems obvious the family has been told to keep quiet. I don't know if there have been past cases where family have been warned to stay away from media, but that doesn't really matter. What matters is doing what LE thinks will help them locate Kyron.

Also consider this....

FBI CARD team and profilers are involved. If they thought it would be helpful for family to get in front of cameras and plead for his return, they would have placed them there already.

Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding.....I read Darlin Gal's personal speculations that she felt it was obvious, but I was specifically referring to your statement of

I do.

LE says so.

So would appreciate a link to source of this fact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
internationalsleuth