OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking this is exactly why that Truckers news channel for missing children and adults which was discussed a few months back is so important. (KlaasKids project link here:
Urgent:The FCC Won't Help KlaasKids Find the Missing./FCC Finally Provides Answer - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community ) :banghead: If it doesn't fit the criteria for an Amber alert, why not have they eyes and ears on our roads be on the lookout? Sorry for the bit of OT....

I am with you on that one Cubby.

Police have now arrested 36-year-old Tony Phipps, a registered sex offender from St. Helens. He is being held under charges of harassment.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/95973029.html

Couldn't this be a possible perp? Look at his photo. I don't know if he'd stand out at school function or not.

Common Sense Alert !!!

Tony Phipps is a Registered Sex Offender, not a Registered Harassment Offender. I wish the cops would have charged him accordingly and let the courts sort it out. (Isn't that how it's supposed to work?)

not able to comment on the photo that was taken that morning

did i hear that right?

Are we any closer to finding Kyron?

We're closer as we're continuing the search. We'll continue until it's no longer viable.

Did anyone see stepmom?

No comment.

Who was he talking about that is still missing?Is that another child and how long ago did this happen?I didn't catch all of that.Belkey or something

Talked about the change in searches after the Kim family case... mentioning another case of a missing child who is "still missing."

Very encouraging...

Any new piece of technology being used?

Boots on the ground is the big thing. Cook wagons. Anything to be self-sustaining. Asked for mounted searchers for certain areas.

How many viable sightings?

Several tips on sightings. Have followed all up. Didn't yield anything.

Sheriff Tim Evinger is the Klamath County Sheriff, Chair of the Amber Alert committe. Several references to the Kim case; the Kims are a family who got lost/stuck in the snow for a week.. too many agencies were stepping on/over each other (Mr Kim died, looking for help).
The result of that case was a major state-wide redesign of search procedures.. have created a way for multiple agencies to work together quickly.

Donations of provisions to help keep those searching for a missing Portland boy fed and hydrated are being accepted at four Metro locations. Friends of the family, working together in partnership with local businesses and the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office Search & Rescue logistics coordinator, have established four donation points where people can drop off provisions for the search teams working to locate Kyron Horman, a 7-year-old Portland boy missing since Friday.
Provisions most needed:

• Bottled Water
  • Sports drinks
  • Juice
  • Trail Mix
  • Jerky
  • Energy/Protein Bars
  • Nuts
Individually wrapped packaging is preferred. Non perishables and homemade items are not being accepted.
Volunteers will be picking up donations from these sites daily and taking to the command center.

Collection centers:
The Xtreme Edge
16365 NW Twin Oaks Dr.
Beaverton, Oregon
503-692-9200
Hours: 5:00 to 11:00 Wed-Fri

Solid Rock Church
10500 SW Nimbus Ave, Building T
Portland, OR 97223
503-620-1120
Hours: 9:00 to 5:00 Wed-Fri

Metro Gymnastics Center
18084 Southwest Lower Boones Ferry Road
Tigard, OR 97224-7229
503-620-8939
Hours: 8:30 to 8:30 Wed-Fri

Freeman Motors
7524 SW Macadam Avenue
Portland Oregon, 97219
Hours: 9:30 to 7:00 Wed-Fri
503-310-5555

Businesses interested in donating meals and people with questions can contact rescueprovisions@gmail.com

http://www.kgw.com/news/Donations-of-provisions-welcome-for-searchers-96001084.html

viable sightings - searching yards question

followed up on every tip

search crews in homes? yes, they will but most cooperate

4 mile radius to search homes and areas by public

No volunteers for searches, media to stay back from search areas

No comment on FB pages

Have not eliminated "criminal investigation"

No comment on family participating in searches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics