OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish he could too!

Here are a few others if anyone wants to grab 'em.
retfav.jpg
retf01.jpg
retf03.jpg
retf04.jpg

I bet Kyron would really love all of those!!! Please come home safely Kyron!

I can't seem to tear myself away from this. I'm afraid I will miss something.

I'm going to try to find the presser if I can. Mine was cutting in and out; but, I did hear a reporter ask (after the search warrant was denied) if the LE had taken any information to the magistrate to obtain a search warrant. That is what I think I heard anyway ... can't swear to it.

I heard it that way originally as well, but do you know... check this out: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5269671&postcount=663"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #6[/ame]

Did that come up twice then? (the search warrant) because I *did* hear that in the actual PC video.
argh.

He was walking and trying to grab a child that was walking..he had no car? This was aprox. 20 miles away right?
Good thing he is safe!
According to the article you posted, the police arrested him for harassment, not attempted abduction.

another attempted abduction in the same area!

"
ST. HELENS, Ore. – Police arrested a man for harassment after a boy walking home from school in the St. Helens area Tuesday afternoon said someone tried to kidnap him.
Based on a description, police arrested 36-year-old Tony Phipps for harassment just before noon Wednesday.

The fifth-grader told police that he was walking home from Lewis and Clark Elementary School on Tuesday when he was approached and grabbed by a stranger near the intersection of Columbia Blvd. and 8th street. The boy said that the man grabbed him from behind and pulled on his backpack. Then, the boy slapped at the man’s hands and got away."

http://www.kgw.com/news/Boy-says-stranger-tried-to-kidnap-him-after-school-95972554.html

I think all the posters here are probably equally compassionate and especially compassionate about victims of crime. Seeking justice for a victim is the most compassionate thing we can do.

WS posters are the sharpest and most insightful of any crime site on the internet, and most of us can look at a situation and form valid opinions, even if those opinions differ from our fellow posters or even LE.

I don't like to see every little tic and hiccup of a person close to a crime analyzed either or wild, unfounded accusations cast at innocent people (the WORST fault of most crime sites.) However, I think most of us came to WS to sleuth and analyze the facts, not just to read updates and press releases. We're a skeptical and intelligent bunch and we like to argue for our opinions. It's hard for us to pretend to ignore the actions and statements of a person closely involved in a case by time, proximity and relationship.

I heard it that way originally as well, but do you know... check this out: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #6

Did that come up twice then? (the search warrant) because I *did* hear that in the actual PC video.
argh.

Honestly, I'm just not sure. I tried to listen to the radio station version; but, the radio idiot talked over them to where you could not hear. Not to mention my very noisy 4 year old that has no idea what "be quiet" means.

Anyone else?

I wish he could too!

Here are a few others if anyone wants to grab 'em.
retfav.jpg
retf01.jpg
retf03.jpg
retf04.jpg

Thanks so much - I pulled the wrong post forward before. I have no doubt Kyron would love every single one of these little guys - I know I do. Thanks!

Honestly, I'm just not sure. I tried to listen to the radio station version; but, the radio idiot talked over them to where you could not hear. Not to mention my very noisy 4 year old that has no idea what "be quiet" means.

Anyone else?

iirc, there was a follow-up question asked by the same female reporter. Something about had a request been made to a magistrate for a sw, to which Capt. Gates responded, no comment on that or i'm not going to comment on that. In other words, the door was shut on that line of questioning. Keep in mind please, this is only going by my memory :)

It's been about 128 hours since Kyron was last seen.

Hug your children and say a prayer for Kyron and his family.

Police have now arrested 36-year-old Tony Phipps, a registered sex offender from St. Helens. He is being held under charges of harassment.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/95973029.html

Couldn't this be a possible perp? Look at his photo. I don't know if he'd stand out at school function or not.

:) I agree. Thank you.

I think all the posters here are probably equally compassionate and especially compassionate about victims of crime. Seeking justice for a victim is the most compassionate thing we can do.

WS posters are the sharpest and most insightful of any crime site on the internet, and most of us can look at a situation and form valid opinions, even if those opinions differ from our fellow posters or even LE.

I don't like to see every little tic and hiccup of a person close to a crime analyzed either or wild, unfounded accusations cast at innocent people (the WORST fault of most crime sites.) However, I think most of us came to WS to sleuth and analyze the facts, not just to read updates and press releases. We're a skeptical and intelligent bunch and we like to argue for our opinions. It's hard for us to pretend to ignore the actions and statements of a person closely involved in a case by time, proximity and relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee