OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think these twice daily "briefings" are going to end soon...they can only say "no comment" so many times...if they don't have anything to report. They start to look a bit ridiculous. It is really getting too late if they honestly think he is outside in the elements and specifically near where they have been spending time. I just don't get any of this. I get all of that about keep the investigation pure, not getting in the way, etc...but this is something else again. And then they won't confirm the sightings they indicated days ago as valid, and won't say when that photo of science fair was taken? Can't comment.
And they wonder why people are curious about the family. JMO

I'm with 'ya.

My H is at a LE seminar this week. Today's classes are supposed to teach how best to conduct a press conference.
I hope they aren't teaching him the cold-shoulder approach we've seen here today!
I also hope they remember to include the section on "Avoiding Conflict in Marriage by Telling Your Snoopy Spouse All of the Details". (not that he would listen)

Exactly - now we have no timeline whatsoever.

Strange that he wouldn't comment on WHEN the picture was taken of him in front of his science project.

Whole PC was just plain strange.

This whole case is strange!! :banghead:

wow.I almost expect them to say I could tell ya but then i'd have to shoot ya...next question!

I don't know and even if I did know I wouldn't tell you anyway. :p

"I could tell you, but then I'd have to keeeel you."
:D

Did any reporters ask at the presser about the St Helen's guy?

Of course. And the reply? "Can't comment on that."

Here's the background on the guy from St Helens:
http://www.katu.com/news/local/95973029.html
http://www.kval.com/news/local/95990924.html#phipps
Tony Phipps' criminal history from Lane County court records:

1998 - Convicted of felony Sodomy in the 3rd Degree in Lane County. His female victim was 14 at the time. He was also charged with other rape and sodomy charges when the victim was 13 and 14, but those charges were dropped as part of a plea deal.

2000 - Convicted of misdemeanor Contributing to the Sexual Delinquency of a Minor in Lane County. His victim was the same girl as the 1998 sodomy conviction. The victim was 16 at the time.

2006 - Convicted in Albany for failing to register as a sex offender

2008 - Convicted in St. Helens for failing to register as a sex offender

Court records also indicate at least five women have taken out restraining orders against him, including his sodomy victim.

edit to add: I don't find his name in the Oregon RSO database.

I'm at the ballpark again tonight and really appreciate the press conf recaps. Y'all are wonderful!!!

Going back to read.

"I could tell you, but then I'd have to keeeel you."
:D

Of course. And the reply? "Can't comment on that."

Here's the background on the guy from St Helens:
http://www.katu.com/news/local/95973029.html
http://www.kval.com/news/local/95990924.html#phipps
Tony Phipps' criminal history from Lane County court records:

1998 - Convicted of felony Sodomy in the 3rd Degree in Lane County. His female victim was 14 at the time. He was also charged with other rape and sodomy charges when the victim was 13 and 14, but those charges were dropped as part of a plea deal.

2000 - Convicted of misdemeanor Contributing to the Sexual Delinquency of a Minor in Lane County. His victim was the same girl as the 1998 sodomy conviction. The victim was 16 at the time.

2006 - Convicted in Albany for failing to register as a sex offender

2008 - Convicted in St. Helens for failing to register as a sex offender

Court records also indicate at least five women have taken out restraining orders against him, including his sodomy victim.

Why, exactly, is this guy out on the streets?:furious::furious::furious:

[
Hey guys, new here. First post.

Is there anything being said in the press conferences that seems out of place. Strange, out of place words, etc? The presser's appear to be serving no purpose on the surface. However, it may be the requested response delivery method.

ctmwelcome_e0.gif

Reporter talking about the pic we've been seeing not being confirmed that day etc.

I asked this question earlier. Are they 100% certain that picture was taken Friday morning?

In any case of a missing person . . . Wife or child -- the immediate family is ALWAYS the number one suspect -- the police are always politically correct and won't say this . . .

I'm assuming that's why we are getting all of the vague answers.

Is there anything being said in the press conferences that seems out of place. Strange, out of place words, etc? The presser's appear to be serving no purpose on the surface. However, it may be the requested response delivery method.

I have been wondering a bit about the frequency of the press conferences that give little information. This makes little sense except to coincide with noon news and evening news schedules. So, I watched a bit to see if there was any kind of look straight into the camera as if they were speaking directly to someone (ala BTK communication by LE). I did not notice any, but have only watched two of the pc's and on this last one I kept getting distracted by the S and R videos running on the side.

jmoo

And why no even confirm that SM was at the school - I think the question was can he confirm that SM left the school at a certain time. What would THAT hurt?

IOW - I'm thinking we don't even know EXACTLY when the last time lil Kyron was seen.

Absolutely adoring all the cute little tree froggy's specially for Kyron!

I wish LE would just tell us something... really starting to think they haven't got a clue what they're doing! Which is incredibly worrying!

Why didn't they ask for volunteers to help scour the area on FRIDAY? Why wait until now to get all the extra people drafted in to help look for Kyron?!

Beyond baffled!

Kyron... we're guna bring you home buddy xx

The statement from the family which was read by a LE representative was very scripted and a bit stilted and lacking in emotion, in my very un-professional opinion. It was also a long time in coming, again IMHO!

Analyze away!

You would think, they would at LEAST say, Yes, he was CONFIRMED to be at school at such and such time but now its no comment?? WTF??? Why so secretive on the basic details?? I just don't get it, so was he, or was he not even at school?? Was the pic taken that morning??

WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I was wondering that yesterday myself!

So, I've adjusted the timeline to reflect what we've learned from the press conferences today:

8:00 AM: Can't comment.

8:45 AM: Dunno.

9:00 AM: Absolutely can't comment.

10:00 AM: I'd tell ya if I could.

I know nothing in this case is funny - but you are, puffy...

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Why, exactly, is this guy out on the streets?:furious::furious::furious:

Guess they though he would not reoffend, ?? They all re offend, once a predator always a predator, lock em away forever, and god, , if you are listening, please bring Kyron home safe Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper