OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the FBI asked her not to speak to the media.... then the HELLO did she!?!? Does she want to jeopordise any chance of bring this little guy home safely? How she feel if it were here little grandson that was missing and not Kyron? Silly, silly woman!

Silly is not the word I would have picked, you are too nice!- and I agree, why would you not do what LE requested you do, then run and tell the press that you are doing it.

There were so many people there - other parents and acquaintances of other children...it blows my mind...it could have been anyone.

Did the school announce the science fair on their billboard?! Omg...what if some creep saw that weeks before and planned it...just any kid. It would be the perfect opportunity.

I bet those parents/visitors wern't all "checked in" with ID and name-badged. Most schools require that to enter...I bet this one didn't. Especially since they were doing it early to allow working parents to participate...it would have taken too much time to check everyone in...and parents would have had to leave for work without seeing their kids' projects :eek:

Ok here is thing for me about the new statement taken from the 7 year old and put in the news. First impression wow that is very detailed information the child made regarding the subsitute. Secondly, if the teacher "left" for the day..the subsitute would have realized throught the day no matter how busy it was, the kid that was supposed to be in the bathroom isn't here yet (or the child that "overheard" this being so detailed and alert would have said something like did he fall in? Is he ok? something..anything) and someone would of checked on it. It could have been a medical emergancy to have a child in the rest room that long. If this statement is accurate.

In reverse order of questions:

After the science fair, the kids were assembled into small groups so they could go to the other classrooms and view the other projects. School had a delayed start of 10AM due to the fair which was 8-10AM. SM last saw Kyron around 8:45AM while he headed down the hall to his class room. LE has been closed mouthed about sightings after that. To me, the substitute teacher's comment indicates he made it on the walk through and disappeared just before school started at 10AM perhaps....and I am assuming they were reassembling in the hallway on the way to the class room or in the classroom.

I am certain there were extra hands on deck for the fair. Either substitutes were brought in for the walk throughs or the teachers (perhaps even Kyron's) were taking some time after the preparation or maybe they had a staff meeting....

I think all of this changes the picture of the morning and indicates a later disappearance time. Again, JMO.
I think all of this changes the picture of the morning and indicates a later disappearance time. Again, JMO

Yes,Maybe a later disappearance time.Maybe who ever saw him at the south entrance was correct?

I can completely see why the FBI did not want this info released. They might have been intentionally using the family as a blind while they tried to piece together his moves after visiting the other rooms.....

Hmmmm

Respectfully snipped and bolded by me.

The big clues, IMO, are in the statement from the substitute teacher:
1.) Kyron was missing as the class was reassembling, which to me indicates he went on the walk-through....he was part of someone's head count. She had 5 instead of 6 and he was gone. That means they were reassembling close to 10AM, right, and he was not there any longer.

2.) There is a chance, based on that statement, that a teacher left for the day, right? The day he went missing from the school.....follow me?

Actually, i noticed that, too. From the article:

"And she was like 'oh no where's Kyron there's only five' and Mrs. Porter was like it's okay calm down, calm down he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water and she said alright I'm going to leave and she left, " says Tanner Pumala. . . . ." {more at link}

Did the teacher (not the sub) leave for the day? Was it, perhaps, the teacher who was heard to say she (the teacher) she had an appointment? I'm sure LE wouldn't want that info out there, as it opens up a new line of questions. It makes no sense that a sub would be the one to leave, being a teacher, myself (though now at the college level). Also, the hush on the media begins even with dad's email to friends (he says he's asking Intel legal to put a block on talking to media). I could see not wanting too much info out there so as not to taint the kids' recollections of that day. That's been done, so the media hush must be for other reasons.

Or they just want to frustrate the perp with all those "can't comment" comments until they (the perp) just throw up their hands, hands Kyron bus fare and says, "go home and tell them you have no comment when they ask where you were..." I'm really surprised that they've managed to keep everyone (except grandma) quiet up until now. That's really something of a miracle, considering how most other cases work.

Ok here is thing for me about the new statement taken from the 7 year old and put in the news. First impression wow that is very detailed information the child made regarding the subsitute. Secondly, if the teacher "left" for the day..the subsitute would have realized throught the day no matter how busy it was, the kid that was supposed to be in the bathroom isn't here yet (or the child that "overheard" this being so detailed and alert would have said something like did he fall in? Is he ok? something..anything) and someone would of checked on it. It could have been a medical emergancy to have a child in the rest room that long. If this statement is accurate.

I bet we are going to find out Grandma went on the walk through or something of that nature....

I'm not going to throw stones at the teaching assistant...if this is all true...I'm sure the actual teacher was prob. intimidating to her...and when she brought up that one was missing, the teacher's response probably indicated a "dismissal" to her...and that the teacher would take care of it. I could easily see that...I mean, who wouldn't assume that a teacher would keep that in the front of their mind and then look for/find the child. It's kinda the same as any other employee bringing up a concern to a "boss"...unfortunately, this one involved a child. That woman must be absolutely beside herself that she didn't look for him herself.

I can completely see why the FBI did not want this info released. They might have been intentionally using the family as a blind while they tried to piece together his moves after visiting the other rooms.....

Hmmmm

Since LE and schools are both funded by tax dollars, I'm wondering if there's an element of protection in regards to liability.

The school needs, at the appropriate point, to acknowledge who screwed up, because screw up they did. MOO.

Has the appointment stuff been confirmed? Or is it still just rumor?
I don't know.I would like to know that.Someone heard it from somewhere.I'd like to know the whole story.I want to know if there was really an appointment.

BeanE, you are headed in the same direction that I am...the question now becomes what steps were taken once the head count was off?

Since LE and schools are both funded by tax dollars, I'm wondering if there's an element of protection in regards to liability.

The school needs, at the appropriate point, to acknowledge who screwed up, because screw up they did. MOO.

I don't think the police would do that, but even so, the FBI wouldn't have had such loyalty to the local schools.

BeanE, you are headed in the same direction that I am...the question now becomes what steps were taken once the head count was off?

I can't talk about it right now. I'm crying again. Poor Kyron.

I've said it a million times. Our children are precious. If we value them, we need to act like we do. Our children are defenseless. Every adult needs to act responsibly with them.

I'm angry right now and I'm hurting for Kyron. I'm going to give myself a pre-emptive TO and go do a morning news check for a few.

I thought the comment meant that the substitute teacher left for the day, not the regular teacher.

I don't think the police would do that, but even so, the FBI wouldn't have had such loyalty to the local schools.

That's not the part I am implying, and I agree with you for the most part Calliope. I think that it is more subtle here-I think that inside of the school there is a much better idea of how this went down, but perhaps not with "who." Although, LE did make a statement that they believed they would have it wrapped up by the end of the week, right?

It is approaching the end of the week.... :(

I don't know.I would like to know that.Someone heard it from somewhere.I'd like to know the whole story.I want to know if there was really an appointment.

The "appointment" rumor came from a random comment on a news website from some guy named RandomDood (or something like that). People are on other websites (including this one) ran with it and eventually the press asked about it at a press conference. Gates said "no comment". The rumor that SM emailed teacher about when to pick up science fair project came from the same comment by RandomDood.

I did find something, but I cant post it but if you type Mrs. Porter and Skyline you will be directed to a blog by a MISS P. who does teach, it gives the full name in case anyone is intrested just remember WS TOS, so nobody gets a timeout and we dont get shut down.
The blog is dated for 2008

Her full name is out in the media, and the school principal read a statement from her yesterday at the second press conference.

That's not the part I am implying, and I agree with you for the most part Calliope. I think that it is more subtle here-I think that inside of the school there is a much better idea of how this went down, but perhaps not with "who." Although, LE did make a statement that they believed they would have it wrapped up by the end of the week, right?

It is approaching the end of the week.... :(

It's the ground/local search I believe they were referring to getting wrapped up by the end of the week IIRC.

I've put these raw press conference videos in Kyron's media thread. If anyone has time to help find the rest, I'd appreciate it.

Raw Press Conference Videos:

June 6 News Conference: Deputies 'No Closer' To Finding Boy
http://www.kptv.com/video/23812286/index.html

June 7 - Noon - Posted on June 7, 2010 at 2:06 PM
Watch: Kyron Horman search news conference
http://www.king5.com/video?id=95806599&sec=549132

June 7 - Four - June 7, 2010 at 5:34 PM
Watch: Kyron Horman search update news conference
http://www.king5.com/video?id=95822614&sec=549132

June 8 - Noon - Posted on June 8, 2010 at 2:20 PM
Updated Tuesday, Jun 8 at 2:22 PM
Watch: Tues. noon update on search for Kyron Horman
http://www.king5.com/video?id=95898574&sec=549132

June 9 - Noon
This one is raw audio - not video
http://www.kxl.com/SEARCH-FOR-KYRON--Family-Statement-Coming/7399304

June 9 - Four
Search for Kyron: Wednesday 4 p.m. news conference
http://www.katu.com/home/video/96011519.html
http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/4PM-update-on-search-for-Kyron-Horman-96008879.html

The link to Kyron's media thread is now in my signature.

Thanks,
BeanE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members