OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very frustrated the other day when I saw that the Springfield school district doesn't call parents about absentee students until after 6PM at night and I posted that here.

I'm happy to post this tonight about the schools in the Bend area:

Bend-La Pine Schools Update Student Safety Efforts
Automated System to Call Parents Being Tested at Five Schools
http://www.ktvz.com/news/23864458/detail.html

I hope that the school districts all over the country pay attention to what's happening over here!

That is interesting. The local school here is very stringent about absences. Our son wasn't feeling well and had a mild fever. Called the school in the morning to say we were keeping him home and taking him to the Dr. that afternoon. School policy is that they have to be fever free for 24 hours before they can return to school. Well, at the Dr's office (got early afternoon appt) he was fever free. So husband took him to school the next afternoon (half day kinder). The school nurse called before my husband even got back home, saying she had just seen my son and asking why he was at school! After going over the Dr appt results with her she said 'ok' and it was left at that. While we were surprised, we were also relieved that they were so on top of the situation.

People keep mentioning that he could be in the school. At this point-well, if you have ever have had a mouse that died in your house.....

No, I don't think that there is anyway that he is in that school.

i dunno. think basement. storage. annie le.

for annie, first sweep - they brought in the wrong dogs - scent dogs. Dogs confirmed she'd been in her lab, but everyone expected that. Scent dogs didn't pick up that she was dead in the pipe chase IN HER LAB. cadaver dogs found her days later.

that's why it's on my mind.

If I may make one final comment on said subject? Baby Einstein's Julia Clark teamed up with John Walsh to make a dvd entitled 'STRANGER DANGER
The Safe Side Stranger Safety DVD'. It is geared towards kids aged 5-10 years old. There is a brief clip from the dvd at this link. http://www.mypreciouskid.com/stranger-danger.html

Outstanding video....my daughter loves it, and although we watched it about 6 months ago, she still says "he's a don't know" or "She's a kinda know"

Are you doubting my synapses? :p

I still think it's weird that he set almost a deadline. I'll go back and watch the presser. Do you remember which day it was that he said that? Was it Tuesday? Noon or Four?

Thanks!

Your synapses, all 2 of them, are working just fine! I had the same impression you did when he made that statement and even posted about it.

My daughter went to a small elementry school when they had science fairs or other things like this there were always teachers out in the halls with their class projects and usually the kids had to report to their class room first and then their parents and them would go out and look at the projects. If they would have seen my daughter and me there eariler, and then she was just gone they would have looked into where she was. I don't understand why the teacher or the principal didn't think it was odd he was gone. Also her friends would have mentioned that her back pack and jacket was there and she wasen't, Soes any one else find that odd?

Are you doubting my synapses? :p

I still think it's weird that he set almost a deadline. I'll go back and watch the presser. Do you remember which day it was that he said that? Was it Tuesday? Noon or Four?

Thanks!

I am with you puf. He did say that. With that in mind, now I'm kind of thinking that maybe the parent meeting could be "we did a thorough search and have found nothing. However, we are dedicated to seeing this through and bringing Kyron home" kind of a thing. Following procedures throughly and covering all bases, areas and possibilities. People need communication and a sense of order. I think it's crucial to reinforce a child's sense of security which must be very trying right now for all of these little ones. Make sense?

My city's police department just purchased a new tracking dog. I believe the newspaper stated that it was $15,000. Money well spent for people with missing loved ones.

i dunno. think basement. storage. annie le.

for annie, first sweep - they brought in the wrong dogs - scent dogs. Dogs confirmed she'd been in her lab, but everyone expected that. Scent dogs didn't pick up that she was dead in the pipe chase IN HER LAB. cadaver dogs found her days later.

that's why it's on my mind.

Yes, I was surprised that no one noticed any odors. But, maybe with all kinds of chemicals in a lab? Or it's colder, or they had animals in the lab so they might have smelled as well.

I actually have a dead bird by a garden and I could smell it from several feet away.

I have to get hubby to take it away. I don't like that kind of stuff.

I was very frustrated the other day when I saw that the Springfield school district doesn't call parents about absentee students until after 6PM at night and I posted that here.

I'm happy to post this tonight about the schools in the Bend area:

Bend-La Pine Schools Update Student Safety Efforts
Automated System to Call Parents Being Tested at Five Schools
http://www.ktvz.com/news/23864458/detail.html

I hope that the school districts all over the country pay attention to what's happening over here!

I am with you puf. He did say that. With that in mind, now I'm kind of thinking that maybe the parent meeting could be "we did a thorough search and have found nothing. However, we are dedicated to seeing this through and bringing Kyron home" kind of a thing. Following procedures throughly and covering all bases, areas and possibilities. People need communication and a sense of order. I think it's crucial to reinforce a child's sense of security which must be very trying right now for all of these little ones. Make sense?
Then the school superintendent will spout out all the new security gizmos that this school should have owned two decades ago.

It would be interesting to know how far away that electric exhibit was from his class.Noone has said they've seen him past the class door to go there,unless they're just not telling media.The deskmate saying he was there for about an hour,makes me wonder,was he with that little group and got seperated before they went back to thier class.We don't know if it was the same deskmate that said he went to electric exhibit or the one from last night.Oh,I did read the class is a combined 2nd and 3rd grade class.

I think misleading news teasers for Kyron and other missing cases should be outlawed. :snooty:

Whoa. Running on empty now. Please be kind.

Our school here doesn't notify either until after 6(w/recording)...it's always bothered me, and when I asked a few years ago about it, I was told that it would take too long to call every parent...when my kids get on the school bus, I've worried about not knowing about it til it was too late.

Seriously? Take too long? Good grief, how many absences a day do they get that they say there isn't enough time to notify the parents first thing in the morning their child hasn't shown up for school?

I'm here for the news! I had to explain medical marijuana cards in the scanner thread first. :D

Kinda OT question....

Do most missing-child threads move this fast, generate this much interest at WS?

If the electric exhibit wasn't too far away and noone saw him in there,it will help them narrow down who all was seen in that area.And what is between the two classes,maintenance closets,bathrooms,etc.

I'm flipping through all 4 channels, nothing about a meeting, all talking about the search efforts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966