OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just got this itchy feeling it is someone who works at Intel who Kyron has seen before, maybe has a child in the same school. Or else someone tied to that electrical project. That was the last thing we know that Kyle said to anyone, right? He was headed for that exhibit, then seen outside the south door of the school. I think this is the most likely possibility and they know who the person is, probably lives down by Hwy 30.

Or else it is someone at that horse farm Kyron's dad wanted searched, where the 'high lines' are.

Both good possibilities I think and IMO. xox

Would you happen to have a link to the news story that confirms this, please? This is the first I have heard of confirmation he was seen outside the south door of the school.

Thanks! :)

Seriously? Take too long? Good grief, how many absences a day do they get that they say there isn't enough time to notify the parents first thing in the morning their child hasn't shown up for school?

When my children were small we had parent volunteers that called am and pm on children that were absent. It was called safe arrival.

Channel 8 - Family not talking.. they are discussing that and showing today show stuff from this morning and talking about how step mom was on FB the first few days of Kyron missing

I'm here for the news! I had to explain medical marijuana cards in the scanner thread first. :D

And what better entity to explain such highly technical things than our alien mod? *snort*inhale*snort* :dance:

Ch 2 has Cliff Madison Ret Detective and another guy talking about how they investigate family first, showing pic of SM and Kyron on TV

I have mentioned that several new schools are being built where I live. The old ones had so many issues. So many.

One of the things they are doing is making the buildings secure. The older ones are not in any way secure. The newer ones (built like 10 years ago have had security added, but they aren't secure either. For instance, the office is way down the hall from the entrance.

There has been a taxpayer revolt over this even though it costs the average homeowner about $100 a year more in property taxes.

Adding security to an older building is just about impossible. They have to be built that way. What a nightmare!

One thing for sure is that safety measures have to be drilled into the staff's heads every school year. I would demand that and I am going to contact the Supt here to stress that.

We've been more concerned about school shootings than something like this.

SAR (a man who was a grandpa) was asked "Are we looking for a live child?" He answered with a very sincere Yes! KOIN news local person here

Seriously? Take too long? Good grief, how many absences a day do they get that they say there isn't enough time to notify the parents first thing in the morning their child hasn't shown up for school?

Really. They do it here. If the parent does not call the school, they call the parent by about 10. This is a very populated area so maybe they are able to hire extra help to make these calls.

that was quick as I was flipping but it was on KOIN6.. anybody locals???

I think misleading news teasers for Kyron and other missing cases should be outlawed. :snooty:

Whoa. Running on empty now. Please be kind.

Oh no, I think you are full of it - LOL just kidding. Actually, I think we need an entire forum on what we here think should be outlawed! I'm sure it would be very interesting.

I stayed up an hour later than I'd planned to learn that the parents had a meeting at the school? Did I read that right?

OK, so the meeting was apparently tonight and it sounds like it was about media coverage - people were critical of how the media was handling things and approaching kids as they got off of school buses or something? It was almost thrown in as an afterthought at the end of a live report on KOIN.

I stayed up an hour later than I'd planned to learn that the parents had a meeting at the school? Did I read that right?

I know. I feel bad for me Kimster.

lol.

you too. but you know where I am. sheesh!

I think misleading news teasers for Kyron and other missing cases should be outlawed. :snooty:

Whoa. Running on empty now. Please be kind.

Totally agree with you on that one, Emma. We saw the local news pull those stunts all the time. Most times ended up a big fat zero or 1 on the significance factor scale. Then the media wonders why they've lost so much credibility. :|

Really. They do it here. If the parent does not call the school, they call the parent by about 10. This is a very populated area so maybe they are able to hire extra help to make these calls.

They could get parent volunteers. I did it in the school my children went to.
We rotated parents. It worked great. You call parents in am and pm of children who are absent,

I thought the meeting was with the parents and school board and discussing security at the school and buses etc??
I don't know I caught part of it.. I could be wrong..

What got me is that the Springfield school has an automated calling system, per KVAL news, and the calls don't go out until after 6PM. I don't see any reason for that, IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member