OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the meeting was with the school board and discussing security at the school and buses etc??
I don't know I caught part of it.. I could be wrong..

That might have been right. It had something to do with being upset with the way the media was trying to talk to the kids and getting off school buses... ?? I felt like the reporter was blowing it off since it was critical of him.

They could get parent volunteers. I did it in the school my children went to.
We rotated parents. It worked great. You call parents in am and pm of children who are absent,

That sounds like a great idea.

FOX 12 plans to devote Friday's 11 O clock News entirely to the Kyron Horman Search.

They have the automated system at Skyline. They used it to send out calls about what had happened to Kyron and to schedule appointments for interviews.

They just didn't use it because they "don't have a problem with absentees."

How hard would it be to utilize a system that they already have in place, you know?

http://www.katu.com/news/local/95669809.html

That might have been right. It had something to do with being upset with the way the media was trying to talk to the kids and getting off school buses... ?? I felt like the reporter was blowing it off since it was critical of him.

Oh, that makes sense.

BTW, WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS, Dorothyz!!! I'm really glad you joined us! Another person with webbed feet! :D

I'm outta gas.
Y'all be good and keep your spirits up for our buddy.
Thanks for being here for Kyron.
:bedtime:

Oh, that makes sense.

BTW, WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS, Dorothyz!!! I'm really glad you joined us! Another person with webbed feet! :D

Thank you! I can't believe I haven't found this place before, it's right up my alley!

Rumor has it we may actually see SUMMER this weekend! I'll believe it when I see it, but I sure can't wait.

You mean LE had a meeting at the school with parents, and NOTHING is on the internet?

I didn't get to watch this, so can someone tell me if there was more pics shown, other than Kyron and SM (as a poster mentioned that above)?

Kinda OT question....

Do most missing-child threads move this fast, generate this much interest at WS?

Actually, they often do. Lindsey Baum, Hasanni Campbell, Neveah Buchanan, Sandra Cantu, Natalee Holloway, Annie Le, that little girl in the *advertiser censored* video who needed to be identified and found, Caylee Anthony, Haleigh Cummings. I spent many hours with barely any sleep refreshing pages and trying to keep up with posts on those cases. There are, of course, others that don't come immediately to mind.

I have mentioned that several new schools are being built where I live. The old ones had so many issues. So many.

One of the things they are doing is making the buildings secure. The older ones are not in any way secure. The newer ones (built like 10 years ago have had security added, but they aren't secure either. For instance, the office is way down the hall from the entrance.

There has been a taxpayer revolt over this even though it costs the average homeowner about $100 a year more in property taxes.

Adding security to an older building is just about impossible. They have to be built that way. What a nightmare!

One thing for sure is that safety measures have to be drilled into the staff's heads every school year. I would demand that and I am going to contact the Supt here to stress that.

We've been more concerned about school shootings than something like this.

As I've been reading, I was thinking, how sad is it that we have to send our children to school in such an environment? Security cameras, some schools have actual police inside the premises, locked doors, metal detectors, buddy systems, school volunteers now paying for background checks our of their own pockets, just to help scan the lunchroom during lunchtime for misbehaviors and so on. So sad what it has come to, isn't it?

Parent volunteers are pretty much part of the past. Most people have 2 parents working . Or a single working parent.

The taxpayers can just pony up to hire a person to do that. ( call the parents-enter the data, or whatever it takes)

We say we value children in America. Sorry, but I don't see it.

You mean LE had a meeting at the school with parents, and NOTHING is on the internet?

I didn't get to watch this, so can someone tell me if there was more pics shown, other than Kyron and SM (as a poster mentioned that above)?

It seems like the meeting might have been spontaneously called this evening, I'm even kind of wondering if it was organized by parents and not LE. I would think tomorrow morning's stories would say something about it.

Off the top, I can't remember any new pictures except the one of Kyron with dad and stepmom (wearing snuggies!). There were some stock pictures of Kyron but we've seen them before.

Would you happen to have a link to the news story that confirms this, please? This is the first I have heard of confirmation he was seen outside the south door of the school.

Thanks! :)

We read at the very beginning of the case Kyron was last seen outside the south door of the school.

Last night when his desk mate said Kyron walked past the door of his classroom who said Hi Kyron to him and was told he was going to see the electrical exhibit, I simply put 2 + 2 together.

Color me red as I don't know who confirmed he was seen outside the south door. xox

As I've been reading, I was thinking, how sad is it that we have to send our children to school in such an environment? Security cameras, some schools have actual police inside the premises, locked doors, metal detectors, buddy systems, school volunteers now paying for background checks our of their own pockets, just to help scan the lunchroom during lunchtime for misbehaviors and so on. So sad what it has come to, isn't it?

here where i live there is a policeman in every school. it was soooooo alarming to move my kids from their tiny village school in england to here. that was the first thing i noticed and it scared the daylights out of me.

What got me is that the Springfield school has an automated calling system, per KVAL news, and the calls don't go out until after 6PM. I don't see any reason for that, IMO!

So that's like if your elementary school child isn't home by 6:00, you get a call from the school telling you your child wasn't at school either. Hmmm. Seems a bit late to mention it.

I am curious exactly who one might call at that hour - after the AUTOMATED system reports your child absent - to see if it might be a mistake? I got an in person call from my school like that and almost had a heart attack because I took my little girl to school that day. Thank God someone live was calling because she put me on hold and called the classroom to find my daughter was sitting right there.

It seems like the meeting might have been spontaneously called this evening, I'm even kind of wondering if it was organized by parents and not LE. I would think tomorrow morning's stories would say something about it.

Off the top, I can't remember any new pictures except the one of Kyron with dad and stepmom (wearing snuggies!). There were some stock pictures of Kyron but we've seen them before.

Maybe the parents hadn't heard the story the little boy told last night.If they hadn't heard it,I'm sure they'd want to talk to the teacher and sub.

Parent volunteers are pretty much part of the past. Most people have 2 parents working . Or a single working parent.

The taxpayers can just pony up to hire a person to do that.

We say we value children in America. Sorry, but I don't see it.

You get a standing ovation and brava for that.

I stayed up an hour later than I'd planned to learn that the parents had a meeting at the school? Did I read that right?

Sorry Kimster, I simply turned a bright shade of purple, tanked off at KOIN for putting out such a 'nothing' lead in to their 11`pm News.

Like Dr John would say, Man 'O Man :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members