GUILTY OR - Mark Dribin, 42, Portland, 02 July 1999 *Christopher Charles Lovrien sentenced*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think that probably the big reason that it got pushed back was the addition of the new lawyer, to give him time to get up to speed on the case. Lovrien already fired one lawyer, so it could be a delaying tactic.

One of the unfortunate side effects of the way the US judicial system functions is that nobody besides the victim's family wants things to move quickly. :p

One of the unfortunate side effects of the way the US judicial system functions is that nobody besides the victim's family wants things to move quickly. :p
True, but I think that the Covid delays in this case have already happened. It's been a year since he was arrested and the trial date was set for another 9 months away before it got moved again Tuesday.

Here's the exact thing, I don't know what it means: Pre-Trial Motions transport ordered Motions due 4.1.2022 Responses due 4.15.2022 Replies due 4.29.2022

It means that the attorneys have to file their motions by 4/1/22, any responses from either side due by 4/15/22 & replies to those responses due on 4/29/22. Hope that makes sense! :)

Now the OJD site has the trial date listed as 10/3/22., 9am Twelve person Jury. That's a Monday. I'm also thinking that the phrase "Transport ordered" means that Lovrien has to be present. Maybe it's transport for him from the jail to the courthouse??

Last edited:
Now the OJD site has the trial date listed as 10/3/22., 9am Twelve person Jury. That's a Monday. I'm also thinking that the phrase "Transport ordered" means that Lovrien has to be present. Maybe it's transport for him from the jail to the courthouse??

Yes, that is what it means - transport from jail to court.

Also - the 10/3/22 start of trial. Jury selection starts on 9/30/22 - so that makes sense! :)

Yes, that is what it means - transport from jail to court.

Also - the 10/3/22 start of trial. Jury selection starts on 9/30/22 - so that makes sense! :)
It does sound like the judge is getting more serious to committing to dates this time around. Any idea why there might be a "Special Jury" panel summons?

It does sound like the judge is getting more serious to committing to dates this time around. Any idea why there might be a "Special Jury" panel summons?

Can you copy/paste the court site stuff - Not sure what that would mean...

[
09/30/2022 Hearing - Motion

Judicial Officer(s)
Ramras, Christopher, Ramras, Christopher

Hearing Time
8:30 AM

Comment
Special Jury Panel Summons

Okay - I googled for Oregon - "Special Jury panel summons" - and came up with:

If you receive a “Special Summons” you will receive a specific date and time to appear for orientation. Petit jurors may be scheduled on any of the days during their 2 weeks of service. Those jurors must check the jury schedule during those 2 weeks.

[

Okay - I googled for Oregon - "Special Jury panel summons" - and came up with:

If you receive a “Special Summons” you will receive a specific date and time to appear for orientation. Petit jurors may be scheduled on any of the days during their 2 weeks of service. Those jurors must check the jury schedule during those 2 weeks.
Thanks for finding that Niner. I thought that maybe it was something like a Grand Jury, which made no sense at this point...

Well I had a discouraging phone call with Ken this evening... first of all the cold case detective hasn't been actively following the court dates lately because murder rates are climbing in Portland (Fortunately my daughter isn't there right now), the trial may get further pushed out due to Covid, the prosecutor may offer him a plea deal so that they don't have the expense and hassle of a trial... Lovrien was appointed a second public defender. He may have assets, but Ken wasn't sure that he wanted to go after them. I also suggested that he talk to the prosecutor and make it conditional that if they were to offer him a plea deal, that he has to divulge where Mark's body is. Unfortunately, it all seems to be too painful for Ken to deal with. He's content that Lovrien is behind bars. I plan to stay in touch with him, and still check back monthly for hearing updates, but that's all for now. I appreciate you guys leaving feedback. It helps keeping the thread active. (One hope that he had was that the other victim's family- the Griffin family go after Lovrien-I think he meant in a Civil Suit).

@LinasK - maybe you can talk to the prosecutor for Ken? Regarding if a plea deal to tell where Mark is. Only seems fair. Good luck!
Thanks, but I have to respect Ken's wishes, and I don't have the prosecutor's contact info. The only contact info I had was for a cold case detective on the case many years ago. They kept changing detectives. I never heard back from her, so we're grateful that these ones re-opened the case.

Updated shots of relevant sites in this case. (I left off the bar, since it's not a confirmed sighting). The first location is Mark's house, the second one is Lovrien's house, the 3rd location is where Mark's car was found. View attachment 261457View attachment 261457
Bumping this because a new member from Portland has told me that Lovrien used to live a couple of blocks from where he ditched Mark's car. SE Foster Road is more than a couple of blocks. So... makes sense that he ditched it and walked home. Must have moved to SE Foster Road since then. Also on this thread for reference are the pictures that I took of the front of Lovrien's house on SE Foster (Unfortunately, they posted upside down, and I don't know how to fix that). At the time I posted them, we didn't know that PPB had discovered Griffin's body in the shed. You cannot see the shed though from the front. There is a fence on the side.

@LinasK - just wondering if the court site might have a court hearing date set up yet?

TIA! :)

@LinasK - just wondering if the court site might have a court hearing date set up yet?

TIA! :)
Still nothing listed between 5/4/2021 and 2/28/2022- the date that the trial was initially scheduled. I keep checking back hoping that there will be something before 4/2022. Thanks for asking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back