Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um...
[video=twitter;683524884484390912]https://twitter.com/IanKullgren/status/683524884484390912[/video]

I hope this can be settled without any loss of life. After this is finished I hope that they can figure who radicalized these guys, and see if some foreign power is behind them.[]

I hope this can be settled without any loss of life. After this is finished I hope that they can figure who radicalized these guys, and see if some foreign power is behind them.[]

Such an inventive way to say what we all have been thinking! Thank you, pappa rob :D

In a Facebook video, a spokesman for the men who took over the refuge said, "this will become a base place for patriots from all over the country to come and be housed here and live here. And we're planning on staying here for several years ... we're the point of the spear that's going to bring confidence and strength to the rest of the people and we're calling people to come out here and stand ... we need you to bring your arms and we need you to come to the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge."

http://news.yahoo.com/comic-sums-double-standard-used-221043479.html

I don't think this is going to end well.

I don't get it!!!!

They have REAL freaking weapons.

Broke into a FEDERAL building.

Have made threats against the lives of others.

And they are still alive? How is that possible? I have searched for another news story in the past 6 months where such a blatant show of criminalism was met with zero force, and I cannot find a thing.

Why are THESE terrorists being allowed to do as they please?

Such an inventive way to say what we all have been thinking! Thank you, pappa rob :D

I think we may on different pages. Different books really.

I don't think these guys are connected to any foreign power. I think they're domestic terrorists. Homegrown insurgents.

My confusion lies in the media coverage. JMO <modsnip>

That's Jon Ritzheimer and I think he does have children.

He views this and all of his other outbursts o'outrage through his prism of a patriotic warrior, so I'd say that he does think (to some degree) that losing his life over this would be a just cause.

Media <self-snipped> with a martyr complex, but that's just my opinion.

Quite a collection of similar <self-snipped>s involved in this one. Going by some of their past tendencies ego-wars, in-fighting, and finger-pointing could surface in a brief amount of time.

There has been a flurry of 'patriot' groups starting up in Australia over the last year. Ritzheimer has been presented as some kind of hero from some of them, particularly when he fired a bullet through a Quran. I think he is one of the more dangerous ones. I also saw a Facebook video from Melbourne today sending support to this Oregon group. So dumb.

From what I can tell the building they are occupying is small, and as much as I would like to see the feds and local LE go in and take it back it is maybe best to take the time and make a plan. It is a building surrounded by wilderness. Allowing them to stay there is maybe keeping it in a safe location away from surrounding towns.
This link has a picture of the buildinhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militia_occupation_of_the_Malheur_National_Wildlife_Refugeg:
These are some crazy people, and there is no telling what they will do if they are run off the property IMO.

At the very least I don't understand why, apparently, people are being allowed in and out. Seems that law enforcement could stop that, at least. To cut off any supplies.

I don't think these guys are connected to any foreign power. I think they're domestic terrorists. Homegrown insurgents.

I don't think any foreign power is controlling them, or any brain power either. They're just home grown dumb...

As a Brit, I'm an expert is sarcasm. I'm assuming pappa rob is employing it as a masterful way to throw shade. <modsnip>

From what I can tell the building they are occupying is small, and as much as I would like to see the feds and local LE go in and take it back it is maybe best to take the time and make a plan. It is a building surrounded by wilderness. Allowing them to stay there is maybe keeping it in a safe location away from surrounding towns.
This link has a picture of the buildinhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militia_occupation_of_the_Malheur_National_Wildlife_Refugeg:
These are some crazy people, and there is no telling what they will do if they are run off the property IMO.

While I agree that storming the building probably isn't the answer, I also think that control of the area would be prudent. The feds should be blocking others from entering the area so that these people don't have ready access to ongoing supply lines for food, personal items, amunition etc. Isolate them and this will end in due time.

There shouldn't be ANY children there, period. I am not just speaking of elementary aged kids, but impressionable youth under 18 years of age.

To these 'patriots' : Do what you think is right (however wrong you may be); but leave innocent children out of it ; or you're no better than countries that use children and women as 'human shields'.
If this turns into a complete mess -- you have no one to blame but yourselves.

As far as the Bundy's -- pay your grazing fees, your taxes, and whatever , unless you want the government getting into your business.
Millions of people in the U.S. go about their lives peacefully and live in a lawful manner. Maybe this particular group in OR didn't get the memo ?
:moo:

A lot of them have grown beards, I noticed.

There shouldn't be ANY children there, period. I am not just speaking of elementary aged kids, but impressionable youth under 18 years of age.

To these 'patriots' : Do what you think is right (however wrong you may be); but leave innocent children out of it ; or you're no better than countries that use children and women as 'human shields'.
If this turns into a complete mess -- you have no one to blame but yourselves.

As far as the Bundy's -- pay your grazing fees, your taxes, and whatever , unless you want the government getting into your business.
Millions of people in the U.S. go about their lives peacefully and live in a lawful manner. Maybe this particular group in OR didn't get the memo ?
:moo:

Here's the thing IMO. The feds backed down from the Bundys. That emboldened them to do this. If they got away with it once, why not again?

The blind are still leading the blind I see....

:hilarious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member