OR - Nine killed in Umpqua Community College shooting, Roseburg, 1 Oct 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Witness on phone MSNBC (former Navy) witnessed the shooter with a hand gun firing- he has returned safely from Afghanistan but has been on campus for 2 separate school shootings- today as well as Roseburg High school in 2006.

I honestly have no words

So horribly sad.

From what I have gathered on 4chan, and I hope this okay to discuss, he had been planning this. The responses from other posters there are absolutely disgusting. I wish someone would hack that site and expose all those people behind the comments.

One person was giving advice on how to do this: discussing how to get people in corner, what type of guns to use...surely we live in a society where there should be some sort of repercussions for that. It's sick.

Yes!!!

I'm baffled. Sad. Disgusted. Angry.
I don't understand what possess anyone to do something like this.
I used to lived in the USA in the late 80s before my parents decided to come to Canada. I loved the USA. We as a society need to find out why it's citizens are OK with destroying each other. Is it just going to be a tragedy to talk about until the next one happens? It's beyond devastating.

I hear you. I feel the same! I am Canadian and was just at University Of Waterloo Tuesday for a Conference. It was a small group of 14 and it closed about 7 p.m. We all walked over to a campus pub for a drink before leaving. I was amazed at how many students were still on campus and in labs. It's been a few years since our kids were in University. It reminded of the horror kids are back and when will it happen. I never thought sooooo soon. Why take the lives of those innocent and yet to be realized!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you taking screenshots before it all disappears?

it is already well preserved.

and just to say - it is still unconfirmed to be related. things like this appear on there all the time.

I hear you. I feel the same! I am Canadian and was just at University Of Waterloo Tuesday for a Conference. It was a small group of 14 and it closed about 7 p.m. We all walked over to a campus pub for a drink before leaving. I was amazed at how many students were still on campus and in labs. It's been a few years since our kids were in University. It reminded of the horror of kids are back and when will it happen. I never thought sooooo soon. Why take the lives of those innocent and yet to be realized!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 21 year old in university. And 2 younger ones in school. Any report of any school shooting paralyzes me in fear. I read the accounts and cry. It's absolutely crazy that our children are not safe in school. We should all be creating a revolution, demanding that authorities keep our children safe.
I don't have any answers. But darn it someone has to. They just have to.😢

I hear you. I feel the same! I am Canadian and was just at University Of Waterloo Tuesday for a Conference. It was a small group of 14 and it closed about 7 p.m. We all walked over to a campus pub for a drink before leaving. I was amazed at how many students were still on campus and in labs. It's been a few years since our kids were in University. It reminded of the horror of kids are back and when will it happen. I never thought sooooo soon. Why take the lives of those innocent and yet to be realized!!!!!!!!!!!

It has all to do with the mistaken thoughts and actions of a broken mind and very little to do with the people who are murdered or injured being at that place at that time.

Stewart Park
8 pm
Candle Light Vigil
http://www.kgw.com/story/news/crime...d-umpqua-community-college-shooting/73154898/

Lt. Fugate: Entire campus crime scene for a few days. No additional threat to community, just securing things. Shooter was a student on scene (not confirmed or sure).

From faculty member: English class next door, heard gun fire, put desks against the door and the ran, expected at in war but shocking here. Evac area active still with students, families, friends, faculty, staff waiting, leaving, volunteers offering rides home...

CNN: FBI profiler (Tom Fuentes) describes shooter as a "beta male".

beta male

An unremarkable, careful man who avoids risk and confrontation. Beta males lack the physical presence, charisma and confidence of the Alpha male.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=beta+male

just for context - he did this after a discussion of the website where the still unconfirmed posts came from that might be related to this.

on that website some people describe themselves as betas.

they also regularly post fantasies about a "beta uprising" including descriptions of situations just like this. this one did have two details in it that give an indication that it may in fact be related, but those details were also very vague and so its hard to say at this point. i wont be surprised if it is related, i wont be surprised if it isnt.

Very sad to hear this news today.

My thoughts and prayers are with all the community. These school/college shootings are becoming more and more. It's so frightening!
I hope something can be done to prevent this happening again. And pray it's done soon before the next!

This is just horrible. I can't believe this keeps happening.

PC soon per CNN.

It would be unbelievable if this didn't continue to happen. Until American's attitude toward gun control changes, it absolutely will continue. Nothing changes, if people don't make changes.

It would be like if people were getting killed by drunk drivers, but we didn't make any new laws against drunk driving. Then acting all surprised when the problem didn't go away by it's self.

We can make laws to solve any problem, except the gun problem. Because thats the one and only indisputable right in America, and off the table for debate. Only thing left to do is pray that no one you know gets killed in the next mass shooting. :(

Are you taking screenshots before it all disappears?

Yes! The one thread seems to be legit, said if you lived in the northwest to not go to school, the other one(posted in May) doesn't have enough specifics to be contributed to him, just references planning an event and Eliot Rodger day, apparently they celebrate that guy over there.

They talk about killing "normies" and "chads" and "stacies". Very disturbing corner on the Internet.

Yes! The one thread seems to be legit, said if you lived in the northwest to not go to school, the other one(posted in May) doesn't have enough specifics to be contributed to him, just references planning an event and Eliot Rodger day, apparently they celebrate that guy over there.

They talk about killing "normies" and "chads" and "stacies". Very disturbing corner on the Internet.

4Chan is, and always has been, a cesspool. Not the first time a criminal has posted there beforehand, either, if I'm remembering correctly.

Sheriff news conference at 6:00PM. President Obama will make statement on shooting at 6:20PM.

4Chan is, and always has been, a cesspool. Not the first time a criminal has posted there beforehand, either, if I'm remembering correctly.

Yes, you are correct. People have posted there prior to committing crimes and after committing crimes.

Apparently these threats are made frequently, in a sense trolling the site.

I truly wish their identities would get leaked. The things they are posting are a complete abomination to society. Makes me want to home school my little one tbh.

And I am shocked these things keep happening. Are there that many people so far disconnected from reality? Who are completely lacking in empathy? Who think this is a viable course of action? Who have no one there to take notice that they are sinking into a pit of despair?

Oct 1 2015, 5:53 pm ET

Students Hid In Darkened Classroom After Shooting at Oregon's Umpqua Community College

by Tracy Connor, Jacquellena Carrero and Aliza Nadi

Students in a classroom at Umpqua Community College sat in the corner of a classroom with the lights out and curtains drawn after a gunman opened fire at the Oregon school Thursday, leaving 13 people dead.

"I was walking into class and I heard what sounded like a car backfiring. You don't even think that's somebody shooting a gun," Courtney Rennie, a second year human services student, told NBC News...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ting-oregons-umpqua-community-college-n437136

Not again. Shut down those disgusting websites and out every single monster on them! I can't believe there wasn't anyone with a spine willing to save lives.

I just read the 4chan stuff that was screen grabbed. Then I googled "beta uprising". This is extremely disturbing stuff.

Headline:
"'Don't go to school tomorrow if you are in the northwest': Did shooter post sinister warning message on 4chan night before massacre at Oregon college?

The message was posted anonymously on bulletin board 4chan
Under the disturbing message several users advise the poster on the best ways to kill people and encourage the person to go ahead with their threat"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ears-4Chan-night-shooting-Oregon-college.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper