OR - Nine killed in Umpqua Community College shooting, Roseburg, 1 Oct 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's not autism it's bipolar disorder, or schizophrenia. The media and public love to diagnose shooters with illnesses they (apparently) don't know much about.

I hope this shooter was just a regular ***hole and no one has to answer for him.

Ooooh! Ooooh! Don't forget ADHD! All those kids are just little rampage killers in the making!

Like Bill Gates, Albert Einstein and Charles Schwab. Sickos.

I'm not sure if this has been answered, but Roseburg is about 6 hours from Seattle if my calculations are correct...2 hours to Portland and about 4 more hours to Seattle IIRC.

Depends on how fast you drive and how the road conditions are. Living in the Portland area, Seattle's about 2.5 -3 hours for me. Eugene's about 2 hours, so I would think it would take me about an extra hour to get to Roseburg.

But I still come up with six hours :)

Hello, all....putting myself into this thread as a long time lurker.

I've lived in Blacksburg, VA since 1988. I fgraduated from Virginia Tech in 1999, and have worked there, for the most part, since 2000. I happened to call in sick the day that the shootings happened in April 2007, thankfully, so I wasn't on campus, but I know many who were, including my current significant other and most of my current co-workers.

I'm not here to ask for, or receive, support, so much as I want to provide any answers that I can about how these tragedies affect a community, at least from my own point of view.

The parallels between these tragedies are becoming far too apparent. That being said, I'm glad to have access to an online community like this that works together to gather the most reliable information and opens good discussions on how/why they happen. I'll stay out of the political issues.

Thank you!

Ooooh! Ooooh! Don't forget ADHD! All those kids are just little rampage killers in the making!

Like Bill Gates, Albert Einstein and Charles Schwab. Sickos.

If it's not our illnesses making us dangerous it's the psychotropic meds we take.

With reference to an earlier discussion about whether or not the name of a mass murderer should be released, this is one very good reason why the shooter has to be publicly identified, so that an innocent individual won't be mistakenly ID'd as a killer.

Not to get too O/T but I was at school at UF when Danny Rolling was terrorizing our campus as the Gainesville Ripper. I slept with a steak knife under my pillow for months.

Anyway, the first suspect was Edward Humpreys, who LOOKED like a guy who could brutally rape and murder 7 people. His mug was plastered over newspapers throughout the state of Florida and everyone thought he did it! Only he didn't. He was mentally ill. He looked a mess.

He was not the Gainesville Ripper.

I've lived in Blacksburg, VA since 1988. I fgraduated from Virginia Tech in 1999, and have worked there, for the most part, since 2000. I happened to call in sick the day that the shootings happened in April 2007, thankfully, so I wasn't on campus, but I know many who were, including my current significant other and most of my current co-workers.

I'm not here to ask for, or receive, support, so much as I want to provide any answers that I can about how these tragedies affect a community, at least from my own point of view.

The parallels between these tragedies are becoming far too apparent. That being said, I'm glad to have access to an online community like this that works together to gather the most reliable information and opens good discussions on how/why they happen. I'll stay out of the political issues.

Thank you!

:welcome:

Not sure how far Roseburg is to Portland, but Portland isn't 4 hours from Seattle, more like an hour max.

Only if you're driving a Formula One car. Portland and Seattle are 150 miles apart.

Thank you!

That was a terrible day. I have a friend whose hubby is a VT alum and he was hit hard emotionally by that even though he was no longer in school there.

And BTW, welcome!

KGW showing an apartment complex in Winchester (near Roseburg) with crime scene tape all around it. Address is identified as the shooter's address.

LE not confirming that it's connected to the shooter.

So now that we do have his name, what can we find on him? And by we I mean you awesome sleuthers because by the time I find something it's typically already old news!

I think Bessie pointed out a good reason to identify these people, could you imagine the horror of being confused with a killer? And it is important to see what can be learned about these individuals to help shape the profile of who commits crimes like this.

I am very heartbroken that from reports they are saying it's an attack based on religion. How incredibly brave, an unwavering in faith must people have been to answer yes if that truly was the case.

Shooter identified as Chris Harper Mercer according to CNN - And - if you look now, there is a FB acct under exact name. - AND - there is scary stuff there.

[video=cnn;us/2015/10/02/oregon-shooting-gunman-chris-harper-mercer-ac-brown-live.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/01/us/oregon-college-shooting/index.html[/video]

Link to CNN identification of Chris Harper Mercer - shooter - Oregon - Comm College.

Do you have a link? I get: Public figure, News Personality, and "Is a hero" but no personal account.

If it's not our illnesses making us dangerous it's the psychotropic meds we take.

I have to disagree. My Clients have quality of life back due to psychotropics. They are strictly managed and yes is does take time with the right med and combination. I was privy to one Client who had to go off a strictly Govt. controlled psychotropic before starting her cancer treatment. She was reduced to a wheelchair, no speech, dystonia, drooling, incontinent etc. etc. Treatment ended. Back on her med. Walking, talking and her life back. They do have their place and do give folks quality of life. IMO

The only personal account I've found I can't confirm is his, I checked a while ago and it wasn't there. So I'm wondering if someone changed the name on their own account to his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!