OR OR - Pem Michelle Yates-Briggs, 15, Portland, 1970s

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
PMY.B.jpg Found this online about Pem, however, I can't find the source (links to the FB page about WCJD). I don't know how well the quality will be uploaded on here, so apologies if the quality is bad :(. Comparing these photos of Pem and WCJD, one feature I've noticed is that her hair appears to be a lot straighter and have less volume than Jane Doe's. This could just be a hair styling thing, but I would think that it would be a little more consistent. Also, Pem's face appears to be more oval/rectangular, compared to Jane's round-shaped face. Still, I wouldn't eliminate the possibility.

I think this is a REAL possibility for WCJD. I wonder if anyone can search prison records for a J. Yates (that was Pem's fathers name and Pem was looking for him when she left home according to the mom and sister) from the time that WCJD was discovered.

Does the sister know if she was wearing any identifiable jewelry? WCJD had on a smoky, perhaps blue colored stone pendant on a thin gold chain.

A while back in the Walker County Jane Doe thread #1 (page 123, post #2450), the same collage of four pictures of Pem Michelle were posted a bit larger. I'll post them here again, hopefully they will be the same size. You can see in one of those pictures she had a distinctly crooked front tooth. Walker County Jane Doe was described as having perfectly straight teeth.

Also, Walker County Jane Doe was 5 foot 6 and less than 110 pounds, which indicates she was rather skinny. Pem looks like she has a full figure, she does not look skinny, though of course she could have lost weight.

Both cases have me obsessed right now. In my opinion, Pem might be a possible match for 585UFAZ, known as Valentine Sally, who was found on Valentine's Day 1982, near Williams, Arizona. Even though the original artist's sketch of Valentine Sally doesn't look too pretty, she was described as being a very beautiful girl.

Attachments

• Pem Briggs 001 (1).jpg
    Pem Briggs 001 (1).jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 146
A while back in the Walker County Jane Doe thread #1 (page 123, post #2450), the same collage of four pictures of Pem Michelle were posted a bit larger. I'll post them here again, hopefully they will be the same size. You can see in one of those pictures she had a distinctly crooked front tooth. Walker County Jane Doe was described as having perfectly straight teeth.

Also, Walker County Jane Doe was 5 foot 6 and less than 110 pounds, which indicates she was rather skinny. Pem looks like she has a full figure, she does not look skinny, though of course she could have lost weight.

Both cases have me obsessed right now. In my opinion, Pem might be a possible match for 585UFAZ, known as Valentine Sally, who was found on Valentine's Day 1982, near Williams, Arizona. Even though the original artist's sketch of Valentine Sally doesn't look too pretty, she was described as being a very beautiful girl.
Pem had about 3 years to get her teeth straightened, she could've went to Texas to live with a friend or family member, and when she went missing they mightve assumed she went back home

What about Vidor Jane Doe? There isn't much on her and her hair is said to be brown and Pem's appears more naturally blonde, but maybe? 72UFTX

I think this is a REAL possibility for WCJD. I wonder if anyone can search prison records for a J. Yates (that was Pem's fathers name and Pem was looking for him when she left home according to the mom and sister) from the time that WCJD was discovered.
There was no J Yates from the records I searched in the Texas DPS criminal history search, imprisoned during that time. Also the Texas Department of Criminal Justices records search only shows offenders currently incarcerated and that is the agency responsible for all prisoners, records, etc.

Possible her?

77722.jpg

OR - OR - Union Co., UnsFem UP11902, 14-18, pregnant, on wooded hillside, Aug'78

From this links, I open the missing thread and post the info on this missing girl, mentioned in several threads on the forum; unfortunately there are very few info and if the moderators think it is not appropriate to put it on the forum, remove it.

http://www.voy.com/48081/2802.html

Last seen my half sister Pem Michelle Briggs in Portland, Oregon. Our mothers name is Barbara Cecile Briggs, and our brothers name is Denman E. Wehrli. Pems last known whereabouts was in California. She left home when she was 16 yrs old, and we have never heard from her since. Her name on her birth cert. was Pem Michelle Yates, and she was born in Norfolk, Virginia, May 31,1963, her father was noy the man that signed her birth cert. but the father on her birth certificate name was J. Yates i believe, he in the service in Norfolk, Virginia at the time. Pems biological father was in California. She went to middle school in Post, Oregon under the name Pem M. Wehrli and in high school in Hood River, Oregon, and may have ended up in Goldendale, Washington trying to relocate us. I have been searching all these years, thru the internet, and Troy the locator even attempted to locate her without any luck. i have found five other family members in my search for my sister, including two half brothers that were adopted 50+ years ago...but not a trace of my sister has came up. if any of these names ring a bell, please contact me, i remember her, she loved me...and she is dearly missed.

Memories
http://hoodrivervalleyhighschool.org/alumni/2205284/pem-wehrli.html
Pem Wehrli - Hood River Valley High School - Hood River, OR

http://www.zabasearch.com/messages/zaba_messages_thread.php?fid=1206985

I am searching for my daughter. She was 15 when I last saw her in Portland, Ore. She would be 47 now. Her birthday is March 31, 1963. I last heard from her a few days after she left she was at a police station in Calif. and they needed to know if she had my permission to be across state line. That was the last communication we had. I was moving at the time of this to Goldendale,Wa. and had no address to give her and she was headed for somewhere in calif. and had no address either. I know alot of time has passed and I am not to knowledgeable with computers. But I need to find you Pem. Please send me an answer. Please let this be you. I love you Please come home.I have changed my name many years ago to Bo Bradbury, and not because I didn\\\'t want you to find me but because I always hated my name. It reminded me of my dad. my given name is Barbara Cecile Briggs. You were born in Norfolk, Va.The name on your birth certificate is Pem Yates. Please contact me

cache.php

cache.php

Two different birthdates are given. One May 31 and the other March 31st.

I don't think it will be them. There is a photo of Briggs here with a caption that dates the photo in 1978. The Jane Doe in the sketch above was found in 1978 but thought to have been dead since at least 1975. If the date captions are right, then Briggs was alive when this Jane Doe was dead.

I wouldn't rule out only based on the estimated post-mortem interval. PMI is notoriously inaccurate. Plus it sounds like there's some uncertainty about exactly when Pem went missing. There's certainly a strong facial resemblance.

I wouldn't rule out only based on the estimated post-mortem interval. PMI is notoriously inaccurate. Plus it sounds like there's some uncertainty about exactly when Pem went missing. There's certainly a strong facial resemblance.

They aren't foolproof but I wouldn't call them "notoriously inaccurate." Also, the Jane Doe was 6-8 months pregnant. In the photo marked 1978 Pem doesn't look pregnant. The facial resemblance is fine for a composite sketch but it's not a smoking gun.

They aren't foolproof but I wouldn't call them "notoriously inaccurate." Also, the Jane Doe was 6-8 months pregnant. In the photo marked 1978 Pem doesn't look pregnant. The facial resemblance is fine for a composite sketch but it's not a smoking gun.

No, not a smoking gun at all. But worth further investigation, I'd say.

I'll back off the "notoriously" part, but I'll stick by there being enough fuzz in the estimate to allow for a much shorter timeline, especially where there seems to be uncertainty about the date Pem was last seen.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas
Back