OR OR - Pem Michelle Yates-Briggs, 15, Portland, 1970s

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<sbm> her brother Denny did take a DNA test and the results are in ancestry <sbm>
Hopefully she started a new life and one day Denny will match against her in Ancestry.

However if Pem is deceased and unidentified, then police would not be able to find Denny to match against the deceased person. Ancestry doesn't allow law enforcement to use their DNA records, even to identify a deceased person. Others here will be able to advise how to get DNA into the right location.

Hopefully she started a new life and one day Denny will match against her in Ancestry.

However if Pem is deceased and unidentified, then police would not be able to find Denny to match against the deceased person. Ancestry doesn't allow law enforcement to use their DNA records, even to identify a deceased person. Others here will be able to advise how to get DNA into the right location.
Yes - you can download the DNA as .txt file from Ancestry and upload it directly into GEDMatch. I did it myself in hopes of getting a more detailed picture of my genetic makeup. It's fairly straightforward, only takes a day or so to upload.

It would also be helpful to get her brother's DNA formally taken by law enforcement so it can be entered into Codis to be compared against any unidentified Jane Doe, unless they can just get it from GED Match and use it for that?

Good luck with Gedmatch! I use it for genealogy daily and it is a wonderful resource. Like many others, I have also opted in, in case I am related to anyone who may be missing. I hope the DNA test helps you finally generate some solid leads.

@SimsGuy67 Since I know that you follow this Jane Doe's case pretty closely.
Thank you for letting me know about this! I'm hoping that we have finally located Pem and identified Jane Doe.

I do wonder though, if this turns out to be a match, who Pem was found with. Maybe a runaway? Only reasoning I can think of right now.

Thank you for letting me know about this! I'm hoping that we have finally located Pem and identified Jane Doe.

I do wonder though, if this turns out to be a match, who Pem was found with. Maybe a runaway? Only reasoning I can think of right now.
Sad about the DNA for the other two young women.

Good thoughts in hopefully getting some closure for Pem!

Pem has been added to NamUs.

View attachment 494200
Amazing news! Based on the NamUs description, it should be easy to compare her to Valencia Jane Doe as Pem has a crooked front tooth. Of course, DNA is the preferable route.

It also says Pem has a cleft chin. I didn't initially notice it, but Valencia Jane Doe's reconstruction seems to depict a vague cleft chin too. I may just be seeing things, and I'm not sure if you can tell that from a skull.

I noticed some inconsistencies in the NamUs profile though. In the description it says 1973, the date says 1979, the thread title says 1977, but I've also seen 1978. What year was Pem last seen?

What good news! Could you pass the information on that Jane Doe here?
It's Valencia Jane Doe (UP4389), the case I've been researching since I joined WS.

Pem leaving to find her dad is reminiscent of Gwenn Story (Sahara Sue). I'm really hoping that Pem's case has a happier outcome than Gwenn's if she doesn't turn out to be Valencia Jane Doe.

However, with the time it's been since Pem was last known to be alive, I'm hoping she's found, even if she isn't alive anymore.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back