OR OR - Pem Michelle Yates-Briggs, 15, Portland, 1970s

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No, not a smoking gun at all. But worth further investigation, I'd say.

I'll back off the "notoriously" part, but I'll stick by there being enough fuzz in the estimate to allow for a much shorter timeline, especially where there seems to be uncertainty about the date Pem was last seen.

Okay, but one of the photos is dated for 1978. If that date is right and the upper range of the post-mortem is right or even off by +2 years then it wouldn't be a match.

The dates on the photos of Pem are really confusing. The one labelled 1978, she appears to be in clothing appropriate for Spring or maybe early Fall? It would be really helpful if we could see scans of actual photos--i.e. if these have dates handwritten on the back the way people used to do.

There is a resemblance to the UID Romulus linked to. If the 1978 pic was actually 1977, and the PMI is off? She could have been a few months pregnant and not showing yet in any of those images.

Okay, but one of the photos is dated for 1978. If that date is right and the upper range of the post-mortem is right or even off by +2 years then it wouldn't be a match.

No, it wouldn't. Absolutely. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't rule it out just on the PMI interval until all the dates are verified.

In the images of Pem, is that her in the pink holding hands with what appears to be a much older man? Apologies if this has already been covered, but if not, do we know who he is?

Last edited:
When I look closely at this image again, the background looks like fall. I'm wondering if this was a yearbook photo? The leaves on the background, etc. really look to me like a picture taken as part of a "senior pictures" kind of thing. I know Pem was 15(?), this is just the general impression I am getting. Perhaps this is Fall of 1978? Would she have been a junior? Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 2.22.54 PM.png

edited: Having read a bit more, I'm thinking a yearbook photo seems unlikely. I do think this looks like fall though.

Last edited:
When I look closely at this image again, the background looks like fall. I'm wondering if this was a yearbook photo? The leaves on the background, etc. really look to me like a picture taken as part of a "senior pictures" kind of thing. I know Pem was 15(?), this is just the general impression I am getting. Perhaps this is Fall of 1978? Would she have been a junior? View attachment 287188

edited: Having read a bit more, I'm thinking a yearbook photo seems unlikely. I do think this looks like fall though.

Definitely fall, probably early fall since there's still a lot of green. First day of school maybe? Lots of families take pictures for that.

Does Pem have a cleft chin? I cropped the photo more closely, and it looks like she might?

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 5.02.55 PM.png

This UID was mentioned in another discussion I was following last week, and I just looked again and wondered if she could be Pem?

*The killer described her as having long blonde hair. The eyes are just filled in for the sketch. I wouldn't necessarily describe Pem's face as unusually long, but other details of this case seem as though she could be possible.

Investigators hope facial reconstruction leads to murdered woman's identity

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

View attachment 287250 View attachment 287258View attachment 287259

HLL description of the woman sounds quite like Simone Ridinger...

MA - MA - Simone Ridinger, 17, Sherborn, 2 Sept 1977

Looking at Simone would make sense too. Edited: The rings on her fingers

Yes, the description involving the rings is what made me think of Simone straight away and her picture is not unlike the reconstruction.
I hope this is the year that all these girls are found and all the Does get their names back.

No No I am not a member of his family, I only posted his case on the forum at the time, as it was missing.

Ok, sorry! I completely misunderstood! :)

I wonder why there is so little information about Pem available?

Ok, sorry! I completely misunderstood! :)

I wonder why there is so little information about Pem available?
I believe it is because Pem is not officially listed as 'missing', so she's not in any official database that requires information

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back