OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is what he's doin' now -- sittin' back and admiring the action he's created. Probably makes popcorn before watching the news on the latest "update". There's no question Lonnie thinks of himself as the great and powerful Helias behind the curtain turning and pulling at knobs -- one is Jr, another Henderson, another the good people of Ruch.

But he is not alone in this. He has a following, remember: There's Lonnie I, Lonnie II (Jr), and the Kool Aid Drinkers.

I love this. It would be even funnier if it weren't so alarming. Are we Toto?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?autoplay...uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DYWyCCJ6B2WE%26autoplay%3D1

Snipped for space

And we all know that Henderson is wrong. Here is an incomplete list of convictions without a body.

http://www.charleyproject.org/corpus/

Good info, Lilibet. I didn't see Brooke Wilberger or Whitney Heichel on these lists but I'm certain (Sasquatch can say for sure on Whitney) that in neither case LE had a body before making an arrest. They worked from circumstantial evidence and probable cause and a huge dose of common sense. That's why the first week after Stephanie's disappearance was so crucial in her case.

People seem to think that the "slower" the investigation is, it means they're collecting evidence. So this means in Stephanie's case, when they do finally catch up with the perpetrator..... we should be expecting truckloads of files and information from every single cell tower company in that area, her bank records, property deeds/contracts, Internet/landline records, YouTube accounts, Facebook accounts, Twitter accounts, cells phone activity for all involved, computer contents, medical records, DNA lab results, vehicle info for all involved, soil samples. In other words, months and months of evidence that has been gathered from DAY ONE --- it should one day be perfectly clear why it has reached this point of 12 weeks and no arrest.

Good info, Lilibet. I didn't see Brooke Wilberger or Whitney Heichel on these lists but I'm certain (Sasquatch can say for sure on Whitney) that in neither case LE had a body before making an arrest. They worked from circumstantial evidence and probable cause and a huge dose of common sense. That's why the first week after Stephanie's disappearance was so crucial in her case.

People seem to think that the "slower" the investigation is, it means they're collecting evidence. So this means in Stephanie's case, when they do finally catch up with the perpetrator..... we should be expecting truckloads of files and information from every single cell tower company in that area, her bank records, property deeds/contracts, Internet/landline records, YouTube accounts, Facebook accounts, Twitter accounts, cells phone activity for all involved, computer contents, medical records, DNA lab results, vehicle info for all involved, soil samples. In other words, months and months of evidence that has been gathered from DAY ONE --- it should one day be perfectly clear why it has reached this point of 12 weeks and no arrest.

With Whitney Heichel the arrest and discovery of her body were just about simultaneous. I think the police did an excellent job. They didn't shut out Whitney's family and friends, but let them participate in searching for her. They picked up on Holt's inconsistencies and tailed him. And fortunately for LE, Holt wasn't very smart (LE observed him hiding guns twice, one in the police station parking lot!).

"Jonathan Holt, 24, of Gresham, a resident of the apartment complex where Whitney Heichel lived with her husband, was arrested for investigation of aggravated murder Friday night, about the same time her body was found on Larch Mountain, east of Gresham."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/20/missing-woman-whitney-heichel-jonathan-holt_n_1992218.html

Exactly my sentiments!

Something has been bothering me for an awful long time. LE asked the public to help them find 3 guys in a green truck that was supposedly by the country store. Why hasn't LE ever let the public know anything about this truck. Could it be that the green truck with the 3 guys in it didn't ever exist. Was that the POI just pointing Henderson in circles. I can just imagine him sitting watching the news and laughing at it. LE said almost a month ago that they had some info for the public that would be released in a few days or weeks. Now, it's been a month since they have made that statement and still NOTHING. And 3 months since the disappearance. I hope the "something big" means that they really do have something big.

JMO

Snipped for space

:waiting::waiting::waiting: And if there is an arrest and the truckloads of evidence show up, I will happily eat every cranky word I've written about the investigation.

Something has been bothering me for an awful long time. LE asked the public to help them find 3 guys in a green truck that was supposedly by the country store. Why hasn't LE ever let the public know anything about this truck. Could it be that the green truck with the 3 guys in it didn't ever exist. Was that the POI just pointing Henderson in circles. I can just imagine him sitting watching the news and laughing at it. LE said almost a month ago that they had some info for the public that would be released in a few days or weeks. Now, it's been a month since they have made that statement and still NOTHING. And 3 months since the disappearance. I hope the "something big" means that they really do have something big.

JMO

Green truck=Red herring

Actually, I believe it was back in July...two months ago...that the sheriff expected movement on the case within days or weeks. As I recall that was in an article around July 23, but the link escapes me right now. And so we wait...

Brooke Wilberger was abducted, raped and killed in 2004 by Joel Courtney. It wasn't until 2005, that the Detectives found a link between Brooke and Joel Courtney, and he was indicted with Brooke Wilberger's murder. They had eye witness accounts, webcam video and they found Brooke's Hair and DNA in the back of his van. Joel Courtney stayed in New Mexico awaiting his trial for rape of a New Mexico University student. In 2007, Joel Courtney was found guilty of beating and raping a University of New Mexico student and was sentenced to 18 years in a Plea Deal. In 2008, Benton County (Oregon) extradited Joel Courtney, and they had a court date set for 2010. "Charges were filed despite the absence of the body of the alleged victim at the time; the prosecutor in the case announced that he would seek the death penalty"
Murder of Brooke Wilberger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
September 21, 2009, Joel Courtney reached a Plea Deal with the Benton County Prosecutors, in exchange for disclosing where Brooke's body was located. Joel Courtney received a sentence of Life in Prison with No Chance for Parole.

Lilibet is right about the Whitney Heichel case. Authorities announced at a 10pm News Conference on October 19th, 2012 that they had located Whitney's body and that they had made an arrest of Jonathan Daniel Holt. I don't know if it was ever made clear at what time Jonathan Holt was officially charged. He had 3 days of interviews, DNA samples and fingerprints taken. The search warrant, in the Holt1.pdf probable cause documents, mentions a search warrant time, during the morning of October 19th, 2012. Later, it mentions that Jonathan Holt was riding with Detectives at 9:45pm (Oct. 19th) out near Roslyn Lake, showing them the path that he had taken Whitney, out to where he had killed her. So his confession was earlier than 9:45 PM. The Medical Examiners Truck arrived at Larch Mountain just before 9PM. So in a sense, things did happen simultaneously. KATU-TV mentions that Jonathan Holt was arrested at 5PM on Friday, October 19th but booked at 12:20AM on Saturday. I don't think that they have ever released the exact time that the body was located.
http://www.katu.com/news/local/Police-evidence-telling-a-story-in-missing-woman-case-175019181.html

After October 19th, they still went out to Roslyn Lake and Larch Mountain to collect additional evidence. October 21st, 2012 Jonathan Holt had been transferred to Clackamas County, where he stayed until his Plea Sentencing on July 8th, 2013, which I had attended with the family.

Even after an arrest, there is still evidence being gathered toward a conviction. In Jonathan Holt's case, I was turning in evidence to the District Attorney up until June of 2013. Once they have enough evidence to make an arrest, and it is turned over to the District Attorney, it then becomes a legal ball game. Do they have enough evidence to go for the Death Penalty? What kind of Plea do they go for? I personally kept my blue latex gloves and evidence baggies with me, until I received a call from the District Attorney's Office to stop collecting evidence. Jonathan Holt was going for a Plea for Life plus Parole in 20, then 30 then by the time it came to his July hearing, it finally turned into Life with No Chance for Parole.

As Neptune is pointing out, that you can have all of the evidence in the world, but if the suspect is no where to be found, then stockpiling the evidence is useless without a suspect (in their custody) to prosecute. If they have enough evidence to convict the POI, then bring him in. If someone else knows what happened, and he has other charges, bring him in to get the info they need to convict. If I lived closer to Ruch, I would put back on my hiking boots, blue latex gloves and bring my evidence baggies and start collecting evidence. It does get frustrating living so far away, and not being able to physically help, while Stephanie has not been found yet and her killer(s) are still free!

Green truck=Red herring

Actually, I believe it was back in July...two months ago...that the sheriff expected movement on the case within days or weeks. As I recall that was in an article around July 23, but the link escapes me right now. And so we wait...

Yes, Lilibet, you are right. It was the article that was titled "Boyfriend of missing woman speaks out" on July 23.

Thanks. I think it's worth another read. Here it is. BBM

"Boyfriend of Missing Woman Speaks Out
by Justin Bourke
Published July 23, 2013

RUCH, Ore. – The boyfriend of a missing Ruch woman spoke out about her disappearance for the first time.
Stephanie Warner, 43, has been missing since July 4th. Her boyfriend, Lennie Ames, was last seen with Warner at a July Fourth parade in Ashland. He says he’s speaking up out of concern for his girlfriend and a desire to see her home safely.

“Well it’s been really tough on me to say the least. I miss her very much, the animals miss her, and as each day goes by it just continues to get more and more hopeless,” said Ames.

NewsWatch 12 is complying with a Jackson County Sheriff’s Office request to avoid releasing additional details about the investigation for now.
The Sheriff’s office says making too much information public could put the search for Warner at risk.
The sheriff’s office says they expect movement in the case in the coming days or weeks, and at that time coverage will continue into the situation."

As Neptune is pointing out, that you can have all of the evidence in the world, but if the suspect is no where to be found, then stockpiling the evidence is useless without a suspect (in their custody) to prosecute. If they have enough evidence to convict the POI, then bring him in. If someone else knows what happened, and he has other charges, bring him in to get the info they need to convict. If I lived closer to Ruch, I would put back on my hiking boots, blue latex gloves and bring my evidence baggies and start collecting evidence. It does get frustrating living so far away, and not being able to physically help, while Stephanie has not been found yet and her killer(s) are still free!

BBM

Thanks for this great post, which I respectfully snipped.

I wonder if the problem is that there isn't enough evidence to convict. I wish I understood what level of evidence is necessary to arrest, try, and convict. Some cases seem like a slam dunk and there is no arrest. Other cases seem to have slim evidence and there's a quick arrest and trial. But more often it drags on and on.

You're helping a lot just being here on the thread, Sasquatch. I understand your desire to DO something, but tromping around in those woods is dangerous during the growing season. People are protecting their crops. That being said, most of us here would probably join you in a heartbeat! I keep hoping someone will find her small, but distinctive, cross pendant and make the connection.

and respectfully snipped from above by Lilibet: said:
I wonder if the problem is that there isn't enough evidence to convict. I wish I understood what level of evidence is necessary to arrest, try, and convict. Some cases seem like a slam dunk and there is no arrest. Other cases seem to have slim evidence and there's a quick arrest and trial. But more often it drags on and on.

IMO, it's not clear cut, and it also depends upon the personality of the prosecutor involved, and local politics since the cost of bringing a case to trial and losing it enters into it... Also, the feeling that by waiting, perhaps more/better evidence will be found, etc.. Especially true when a body has not been found..

BBM

Thanks for this great post, which I respectfully snipped.

You're helping a lot just being here on the thread, Sasquatch. I understand your desire to DO something, but tromping around in those woods is dangerous during the growing season. People are protecting their crops. That being said, most of us here would probably join you in a heartbeat! I keep hoping someone will find her small, but distinctive, cross pendant and make the connection.

Thank you, Lilibet! You are right about the growing season. I do remember reading a post by someone, mentioning about the smell of growing season in that area. I know that everyone here would join in the ground search, if they were close and there was a safe path to try to locate her. I too, hope that everyone will keep an eye out for that cross pendant. Maybe if someone finds it on the ground, or someone spots a photo of a person in the area wearing it, that might help give a break in the case.

New video posted yesterday by POI Helias314. See recent uploads. It doesn't show up on 314Helias. He responded to a comment a few minutes ago. Can his location be traced through this?

http://m.youtube.com/user/helias314

Any time that someone connects to a web page, there is a path logged from the user's ISP (internet service provider) and the destination web page's ISP. There are many servers, that the signal goes through to reach the destination. Most of us, do not take extra security measures to hide the path to the destination web page. Hackers take extra measures to hide their IP address and to hide the digital path taken to get to the website. They use relays that are called proxy servers. proxy servers relay the signal through multiple servers all over the place, masking the IP address origin. If someone really tries to go underground to mask their IP address, they can use an underground proxy, with a program called Tor. Tor lets a person hide their original IP address by bouncing the signal through multiple user's computers on the network.

http://whatismyipaddress.com/tor

Tor has been associated with underground activities, but it is also used by journalists and human rights organizations to mask their identity when visiting sites. The FBI has been known to release malware on the Tor network, to exploit people's browsers, so that they can identify the user's IP address.

So the short answer is, that if Helias314 is updating his site through the public library, then there would probably be an IP trail from that library to Youtube's servers. If he was updating his site through the Tor network or a proxy, then LE would have to serve a warrant on those servers or ISP's to track it down. If the proxy servers are overseas, then it would be difficult to find out the user's origins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste