OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 July 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep-- Watched all 6 installments of "The Jinx"--HBO documentary on Robert Durst----The one that just got him arrested for murder in New Orleans. It would appear that he killed many times, including his wife who
went missing over 20 years ago...I thought of Stephanie during every episode. The detective and department in NYC made a crucial mistake all those years ago in the case of missing person Kathy Durst. . They took it as fact that she was seen and heard from in the days following her disappearance. That she had in fact left the house occupied by herself and Robert in upstate NY, boarded a train to NYC where she arrived at their penthouse to call in sick to her school and then never to be heard from again. This turned out, years later, not to be true. The doorman who was said or had said he had seen Kathy enter her NYC apartment, later said he did not see her. Also, there is no way of knowing that it was indeed Kathy who called the Dean of her school to say that she was ill and could not attend. This mistake changed the course of the investigation. The house in upstate NY and the surrounding lake was not searched and investigated at the time and would not be searched for 20 years. Nothing was found during the investigation of the property, but again it had been 20 years. This blew my mind. It occurred to me that by taking out 1 fact from a total of facts EVERYTHING can change... This is truly to something to think about re Stephs case. What "facts" do we have that change our course? I'll start: The sighting at the country store...

ps--- I forgot to mention, I found an online mugshot for a young wolf in Marion FLA from November

I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep-- Watched all 6 installments of "The Jinx"--HBO documentary on Robert Durst----The one that just got him arrested for murder in New Orleans. It would appear that he killed many times, including his wife who
went missing over 20 years ago...I thought of Stephanie during every episode. The detective and department in NYC made a crucial mistake all those years ago in the case of missing person Kathy Durst. . They took it as fact that she was seen and heard from in the days following her disappearance. That she had in fact left the house occupied by herself and Robert in upstate NY, boarded a train to NYC where she arrived at their penthouse to call in sick to her school and then never to be heard from again. This turned out, years later, not to be true. The doorman who was said or had said he had seen Kathy enter her NYC apartment, later said he did not see her. Also, there is no way of knowing that it was indeed Kathy who called the Dean of her school to say that she was ill and could not attend. This mistake changed the course of the investigation. The house in upstate NY and the surrounding lake was not searched and investigated at the time and would not be searched for 20 years. Nothing was found during the investigation of the property, but again it had been 20 years. This blew my mind. It occurred to me that by taking out 1 fact from a total of facts EVERYTHING can change... This is truly to something to think about re Stephs case. What "facts" do we have that change our course? I'll start: The sighting at the country store...

I don't know much about the Durst case. What a tragedy about that simple mistake.

The "fact" that she dropped Ames off at the country market in Ruch was reported over and over, but it only come from Ames. They last time they were actually seen together was at a gas station on the way home on Stewart Ave in Medford, according to Detective Henderson in the Dateline segment. Beyond that, we have no sighting. An online poker game around 6:00 p.m. Beer in the fridge. Cat pill not given. No phone call to her Mom or Dicentra. Her car was used late the evening of July 4 for several hours before being returned to her house and parked in a different place than Stephanie normally did. No banking. No woodcutting on Saturday as was her custom with JCFC. Just silence.

Ames was good at diversion. He spun a tale about getting a ride from the store to his camp with kids in a pickup truck. That didn't prove to be true, but it was a distraction.

At least a very thorough search of her property and along the river was done very soon. There was no evidence that she left on foot. Detective Henderson has stated in the Dateline segment that he believes she came home July 4. But what happened on that late night drive?

I was very happy to see that Hannah was found safe. Prayers were answered! I would also like to say Welcome to ANOnyMS! Thank you for your being here with us. I haven't chimed in on the thread in a long time because I just don't know what to say! I can only wish that guilty consciences would get to those who are involved in Stephanie's disappearance and let them at least send a tip as to where she can be found. I get angry to think that it has been over 20 months and still no news & the POI is still free to roam the country!

It's always nice to see you SadEyes. :) Honestly, I don't know what to say either. I have the same hope you do that there will be a tip that will locate Stephanie. I guess all we can do now is wait and pray and have hope that someone local remembers some random incident. I don't think the Ames clan knows what a guilty conscience is, sadly.

April 4, 2015

Stephanie has been gone for 21 months. When will her mother and siblings and extended family and friends have peace? I don't know what form peace would take for them. But in the absence of answers, I hope it brings them a little peace knowing that there are strangers who keep a vigil with them. We wait with them and we make sure, by our presence here on this Websleuths thread that was once so active, that their beautiful, vibrant Stephanie is remembered. That's the least we can do.

image.jpg

With thanks to Zwiebel for this beautiful graphic.

This is a very interesting article that was posted on the thread of another case I've been following. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?565-Anjelica-AJ-Hadsell

It talks about "awareness space" and was published before the killer of Jessica Ridgeway was known, hoping to predict the area the person lived.

http://www.boulderweekly.com/articl...ss-lsawareness-spacers-may-lead-to-clues.html

BBM

Criminologists believe that murderers fall into one of two categories: the organized offender and the disorganized offender. Murderers who are complete strangers to their victims tend to fall into the organized category, as do murderers who take steps to make a victim’s body more difficult to locate or identify through tactics like mutilation or the scattering of body parts to different locations. Serial killers also typically exhibit traits that lead them to be classified as organized.

At this point, perhaps the best path to solving this particular murder rests with the ability of law enforcement’s geographic profilers to identify the killer’s awareness space, which is defined as that geographic area that individuals have become familiar with over their lifetime. It is composed of those places that have been incorporated into a person’s memory by repeated exposure.

A person’s, including a criminal’s, awareness space is centered around those locations that are most important to them, starting with their home and including other locations such as work, a friend’s house, the primary stores where they shop, favorite walking paths, etc. It is also composed of the transportation corridors used to connect those locations to one another.

Defining the perpetrator’s awareness space is critical to solving Jessica’s case, because in the vast majority of child abduction murders, as well as other crimes, researchers have found that the perpetrator lives within his awareness space, commits his crimes close to home and within that awareness space, and disposes of his victims and other evidence at the outer edges of the awareness space, generally along the space’s transportation corridors.

This is because when it comes to operating in our comfort zones, criminals, even sociopaths who murder children, have been found to be just like the rest of us. We tend to operate within the areas that we know best.

Assuming that POI Lennie Ames is the one who disappeared Stephanie, knowledge of his "awareness space" could help locate her body. I know from MSM that many of his haunts have been searched by LE, but I wonder if all of them are known and have been searched, along with the "transportation corridors" between them. This would be a daunting task, given the rural area of the various mines he worked and the caves he probably knew about.

Our verified insider, Dicentra, said that Stephanie told her that Ames had "bunkers" where he cached survival gear and that you could walk over them and never know they were there. I wonder if those bunkers have ever been discovered and searched.

In any case, this article is interesting, and something to add to our sleuthing repertoire in other cases, especially ones in which the perp is a mystery.

May 4, 2015

Stephanie has been missing for 22 months. As far as I know, there are no new developments. I hold onto hope that someone will stumble across her nail/cross necklace and she will be found. Or that someone will remember something and come forward. What will it take for Stephanie to be found? We're waiting....

May 4, 2015

Stephanie has been missing for 22 months. As far as I know, there are no new developments. I hold onto hope that someone will stumble across her nail/cross necklace and she will be found. Or that someone will remember something and come forward. What will it take for Stephanie to be found? We're waiting....

image.jpg

Here is a link showing what her necklace may have looked like.

http://www.amazon.com/Nail-Copper-Cross-Pendant-Leather/dp/B0064SNHFC/ref=pd_sbs_jw_2

Here is the link to the first thread where it all began.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?215441-OR-Stephanie-Warner-43-Ruch-4-Jul-2013-1

Thank you Lilibet for keeping Stephanie's memory alive on this site. I guess this case will never be solved until they find her. I read your other post that you talked about the bunkers. I never ever remember reading in the news articles that LE ever found the bunkers. That would be a good place for them to look for her. Of course if they were under the ground, how would they ever find them?

Thank you Lilibet for keeping Stephanie's memory alive on this site. I guess this case will never be solved until they find her. I read your other post that you talked about the bunkers. I never ever remember reading in the news articles that LE ever found the bunkers. That would be a good place for them to look for her. Of course if they were under the ground, how would they ever find them?

Thanks for always being here Sad Eyes. :loveyou:

Everyone be sure to go to Stephanie's FB page. OUOTP keeps her memory alive there.
https://www.facebook.com/stephaniewarnermissing

I don't think LE ever said whether they found the bunkers and I doubt they did. I remember Dicentra saying that Stephanie told her you could walk over them and never know they were there. There's probably some kind of technology that could locate them if LE had an idea where to look. And I can think of two or maybe three people who know where they are, and so far, they aren't talking.

I meant to post over a week ago about Detective Eric Henderson, who hasn't given up on Stephanie. He deserves a medal for what he's been through recently.

He was the lead detective on a serial murder case that was uncovered in January 2014, only six months after Stephanie disappeared. A woman in her sixties named Susan Monica killed two men who had worked for her on her rural property. It was a gruesome case. I won't go into the gory details, but she threatened Detective Henderson, and he admitted later to being afraid. He had good reason. She's clearly "crazy" evil. During the trial, she insisted on cross-examining Detective Henderson herself. It was so awful it was almost funny...but not...and I want everyone here on Stephanie's thread to know that he was terrific. She was convicted and will never get out of prison.

DO NOT google this case if you don't have a strong stomach! I can already hear you tapping out her name on your keyboard, but don't come back here and say I didn't warn you!

Thank you Detective Henderson!! I know you want to do the same for Stephanie.

:yourock:

I meant to post over a week ago about Detective Eric Henderson, who hasn't given up on Stephanie. He deserves a medal for what he's been through recently.

He was the lead detective on a serial murder case that was uncovered in January 2014, only six months after Stephanie disappeared. A woman in her sixties named Susan Monica killed two men who had worked for her on her rural property. It was a gruesome case. I won't go into the gory details, but she threatened Detective Henderson, and he admitted later to being afraid. He had good reason. She's clearly "crazy" evil. During the trial, she insisted on cross-examining Detective Henderson herself. It was so awful it was almost funny...but not...and I want everyone here on Stephanie's thread to know that he was terrific. She was convicted and will never get out of prison.

DO NOT google this case if you don't have a strong stomach! I can already hear you tapping out her name on your keyboard, but don't come back here and say I didn't warn you!

I know the case you are talking about. I kept up with it pretty regularly. Glad to know she will never get out of jail!

Also, I am glad to hear Henderson hasn't given up on Stephanie. Last year when Dateline interviewed him, I though they were going to do a show on it. Lilibet, do you know if they are going to do a show?

Also, I am glad to hear Henderson hasn't given up on Stephanie. Last year when Dateline interviewed him, I though they were going to do a show on it. Lilibet, do you know if they are going to do a show?

Dateline does short pieces called "Missing in America" which is where Stephanie's case was featured. They are able to cover missing persons more often and more quickly than with a longer show, but they don't usually become longer shows. I agree that Stephanie's case would make a good longer program, but I doubt they could get enough people to speak out. :(

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america

Here are a few cases I've followed. Unfortunately, there are many more.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america/missing-america-anjelica-hadsell-n324491

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...rica-danielle-bertolini-sheila-franks-n315921

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...-missing-america-hannah-thomas-garner-n280061

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there that are helping on this thread and other threads too. Also to the Mom's that have missing children. I hope God sends your children safely home to you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back