OR OR - Sweet Home - 'Swamp Mountain Doe' - Am Ind/Native/WhtFem 18-40 - UP7765 - Jul'76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree you should submit her as well. Although, she might have already been ruled out per the system if the UID and Linda both have the same type of DNA on file.
To my (admittedly limited) knowledge, CODIS comparisons aren’t always automatic—if the type of DNA the MP has on file (mitochondrial or nuclear) isn’t the same type that the UID has on file, the comparison may not be made. If the circumstances fit and the MP isn’t on the official ruleout list, it’s still a good idea to submit the possible match.

As I entered the NAMUS coordinator's name to submit Linda Lovell for UP7765, her name came up in my email contacts. I had forgotten that I had already submitted Linda's name on 2/10/19, and Jessica Hager acknowledged the submission on 2/11/19. I think someone on this thread said that Linda's not on the rule out list, so I'm not sure what her absence means.

As I entered the NAMUS coordinator's name to submit Linda Lovell for UP7765, her name came up in my email contacts. I had forgotten that I had already submitted Linda's name on 2/10/19, and Jessica Hager acknowledged the submission on 2/11/19. I think someone on this thread said that Linda's not on the rule out list, so I'm not sure what her absence means.

That's odd. Maybe the DNA in the system had automatically ruled her out..? I'm sorry that's unfortunate that Linda isn't the UID.

That's the same response I received two years ago when I submitted Linda Lovell's name, so I'm not sure they tell you if the person's already been excluded. Denise looks like a strong candidate though. Hoping she's the one!

I usually get a different generic message letting me know that there was an exclusion.

The NAMUS pages for both Denise and the UID were updated on June 1, but I can’t tell what was changed on either. Neither is listed as a ruleout for the other.

There could have been an update that's marked private to LE, so the general public can't see it.

I will keep my fingers crossed for good news, even though it's hard to type that way.

There could have been an update that's marked private to LE, so the general public can't see it.

I will keep my fingers crossed for good news, even though it's hard to type that way.
Interesting. I know it’s difficult to say, but in your experience, will LE make a ruleout but not publicly list it as a ruleout?

Interesting. I know it’s difficult to say, but in your experience, will LE make a ruleout but not publicly list it as a ruleout?

It happens, though it's more likely to be some kind of "in process" or "waiting for results" thing. And sometimes it means they have a tentative match but need to confirm it, or continue the investigation, or something.

Some agencies just don't make anything public.

Could be procedural--updating the LE contact information, for instance.

If a rule-out is made by means other than biometrics (dentals, prints and/or dna) - for instance by piercings, tats, scars, eye color, etc, it will not show up on the publicly viewable rule-outs since NamUs only recognizes biometrics as rule-outs. The non-biometric rule-outs (if they are listed at all) are viewable to LE/ME/Coroners and NamUs staff.

Linda could have been ruled out via DNA since the UID and the Linda both have DNA in the system.

Currently Rule-Outs as of 6/16/2021:
Denise Sheehy 07/07/1970 Queens NY
Lynda Hanley 11/04/1971 Providence RI
Karen Lee 05/26/1977 Washington OR
Vicki Hollar 08/20/1973 Lane OR
Georgann Hawkins 06/11/1974 King WA
Debra Pscholka 06/05/1971 Riverside CA
Niki Britten 07/16/1969 Linn OR
Virginia Erickson 10/21/1973 Linn OR
Rita Jolly 06/29/1973 Clackamas OR
Martha Morrison 09/01/1974 Multnomah OR
Suzanne Justis 11/05/1973 Multnomah OR
Madeline Babcock 06/30/1968 Los Angeles CA

After an update, Denise Sheehy is now listed as a ruleout for Swamp Mountain Jane Doe.

Did anyone ever submit Linda Lovell?

She's been submitted at least twice, according to previous posts.

Hopefully when she's ID'd by Parabon we'll get a better idea of when she went missing and how old she really was. 18-40 is a very large age gap IMO.

Unfortunately with skeletal remains, often all you can tell from teeth, growth plates, and all the other clues is "fully adult, but younger than when arthritis and wear start to make their mark." But I've always felt like she was probably at the younger end of the age range--no evidence for that, just a gut feeling and probably wrong.

Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer to find out who she is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back