OR OR - Sweet Home - 'Swamp Mountain Doe' - Am Ind/Native/WhtFem 18-40 - UP7765 - Jul'76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well with that I also have an update with the case. Parabon has released a new digital sketch of the UID.

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

ETA: I just noticed in the dentals section that the Jane Doe's dental age is estimated at 17.7 (plus or minus 1.8 years). This would tighten the Jane Does age estimate to somewhere between 15.9 years old and 19.5 years old.
Wow. Somehow I missed this on my first few passes of this thread, but IMO it makes it even more likely that JD could be Denise Sheehy. Denise was 16 when she disappeared.

Wow. Somehow I missed this on my first few passes of this thread, but IMO it makes it even more likely that JD could be Denise Sheehy. Denise was 16 when she disappeared.

I missed this as well. I really hope it is her, i’m losing my mind waiting for the lt. to return my call but he won’t until tomorrow. I do find it interesting that Denise’s mother and daughter are still searching for her, as listened on Charley Project, but hadn’t submitted DNA to her file. Maybe they did and DN is slow I’m not sure. I still find it hard to believe Denise had never been suggested as a match. Maybe it was because she was 16 and ran away from Queens, which is across the country.

Well, I doubt that the lt. is going to reach out to me again since it is already the afternoon. Because of this I reached out to the Namus staff that is working on this case via email. I will let you know an update and/or if I receive and email back.

Well, I doubt that the lt. is going to reach out to me again since it is already the afternoon. Because of this I reached out to the Namus staff that is working on this case via email. I will let you know an update and/or if I receive and email back.
Good work. I’m also trying to contact Othram/DNASolves since I’m pretty sure they were the ones who made the phenotype recon. I wish we hadn’t had this big realization right before a holiday weekend when they’re all out of the office, but every step forward is a good one!

Good work. I’m also trying to contact Othram/DNASolves since I’m pretty sure they were the ones who made the phenotype recon. I wish we hadn’t had this big realization right before a holiday weekend when they’re all out of the office, but every step forward is a good one!

Yea that’s the unfortunate thing. Sadly I’m not sure my laptop had sent the email since it doesn’t show it’s sent from my phone. Well it might’ve been unfortunate timing but I’m glad someone had the same realization as me!

I submitted Denise Sheehy to Doe Network as a potential match—someone on Reddit said that they may have better luck reaching out to the investigators than us.
Here’s hoping we can help give this poor lady her name back after more than 50 years, and give Denise’s family some closure. At the very least, it’s one more stone turned and one more what-if eliminated for both of them.

I submitted Denise Sheehy to Doe Network as a potential match—someone on Reddit said that they may have better luck reaching out to the investigators than us.
Here’s hoping we can help give this poor lady her name back after more than 50 years, and give Denise’s family some closure. At the very least, it’s one more stone turned and one more what-if eliminated for both of them.

Yeah, I resubmitted by email since it did in fact not send. We will probably get a response by Tuesday. Since I have emailed a case manager on Namus before for another case and she respond within the next 24 hours.

2999DFCA - Linda Lee Lovell
Linda Lee Lovell, 6/10/74
Westport, CA

View attachment 298866

View attachment 298867 View attachment 298868

I mentioned Linda previously in this thread, and I still see similarities.

I see similarities as well but her nose is a bit more pointed upwards and different in the middle. She was traveling with her male friend so would he have parted with her or killed her? The DN also mentioned she was hiking from Mexico to Oregon. They most likely hiked the PCT or Pacific Coast Trail. Linn County not too far inland from the trail but if they were traveling to Spokane, which is right on the border of Idaho, they would have went inland into Oregon more on the Washington-Oregon boarder. The Jane Doe was also found wearing a fringe coat and clogs. If I was hiking for so long, I don't think I would bring dress shoes or dress clothing to way down my bag further. It is definitely possible but I doubt her friend had killed her.

I agree that Linda Lovell's nose does look different now that you pointed it out. I've followed her case (and Stephen Packard, her companion) for 5 yrs and when these new DNA images come out for unidentified women in her age range, I always hope it's her. I do know from previous research that Linda and Stephen were hitchhiking up the coast and were on a somewhat tight schedule for arrival in Missoula. Where they began to head in from the coast toward Spokane may have depended on their rides. And if this were Linda, then Stephen might be nearby, but undiscovered or in a different spot altogether. I do agree that Denise Sheehy looks the better match.

I agree that Linda Lovell's nose does look different now that you pointed it out. I've followed her case (and Stephen Packard, her companion) for 5 yrs and when these new DNA images come out for unidentified women in her age range, I always hope it's her. I do know from previous research that Linda and Stephen were hitchhiking up the coast and were on a somewhat tight schedule for arrival in Missoula. Where they began to head in from the coast toward Spokane may have depended on their rides. And if this were Linda, then Stephen might be nearby, but undiscovered or in a different spot altogether. I do agree that Denise Sheehy looks the better match.

Did you find any information that the two had ever arrived in Spokane? Or was there no way to know because they didn't know anyone in Spokane and in the fair?

2999DFCA - Linda Lee Lovell
Linda Lee Lovell, 6/10/74
Westport, CA

View attachment 298866

View attachment 298867 View attachment 298868

I mentioned Linda previously in this thread, and I still see similarities.
Maybe you should submit this possibility to DN too, Coleraine. There are definitely similarities. Even if she isn't as much of a dead-ringer for the new recon, it's still just a recon based on DNA and a skull. The circumstances would fit better than Denise's, and she hasn't been ruled out per Namus. Plus, Linda has DNA on file, so it would presumably not be too hard for them to make the comparison. I'm kind of surprised she hasn't been compared already.

Last edited:
Maybe you should submit this possibility to DN too, Coleraine. There are definitely similarities. Even if she isn't as much of a dead-ringer for the new recon, it's still just a recon based on DNA and a skull. The circumstances would fit better than Denise's, and she hasn't been ruled out per Namus. Plus, Linda has DNA on file, so it would presumably not be too hard for them to make the comparison. I'm kind of surprised she hasn't been compared already.

I agree you should submit her as well. Although, she might have already been ruled out per the system if the UID and Linda both have the same type of DNA on file.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back