OR OR - Sweet Home - 'Swamp Mountain Doe' - Am Ind/Native/WhtFem 18-40 - UP7765 - Jul'76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Linda Lee Lovell – The Charley Project
Linda Lee Lovell disappeared in June 1974, possibly from Stinson Beach area or Westport, CA. That's quite far from Oregon, but she and her boyfriend were hitchhiking up the coast, heading toward the World's Fair in Spokane.

Linda's far left and far right photos in the top row on the charleyproject site look a bit like the recons to me.

What about Wilma Rae Vermaas? Missing Person / NamUs #MP5489

I am new to sleuthing these so please take it easy on me.
Also want to say that I have the utmost respect and regards for the people on here who put time and effort in to finding answers. I share the same soft heart for victims that you guys/gals do, I just don't have the experience yet to contribute much.

What about Wilma Rae Vermaas? Missing Person / NamUs #MP5489

I am new to sleuthing these so please take it easy on me.
Also want to say that I have the utmost respect and regards for the people on here who put time and effort in to finding answers. I share the same soft heart for victims that you guys/gals do, I just don't have the experience yet to contribute much.

Lovely post oksooner! Don't worry.

Have you guys looked into Virginia Ackley?

She disappeared from on 10/21/1973 from Sweet Home, Oregon which is right next to where the Swamp Mountain Jane Doe was found. Virginia was 1 inch taller than the estimated height of the Jane doe and looks similar to the recon. She was also 32 when she went missing, which matches the age range of the Jane doe.

Here is her Charley Project link for more info:

Virginia Ackley Erickson – The Charley Project

virginia_erickson_1.jpg
erickson_virginia_ap.jpg

Here is her picture and sketch of what she looks like ^

She disappeared from on 10/21/1973 from Sweet Home, Oregon which is right next to where the Swamp Mountain Jane Doe was found. Virginia was 1 inch taller than the estimated height of the Jane doe and looks similar to the recon. She was also 32 when she went missing, which matches the age range of the Jane doe.

^
Oh my gosh what a tragic story! I don't recall ever hearing about Ginny before. The age, stature/build, and timing is good and not many people disappear from Sweet Home. The healed fracture could be a sign of domestic abuse. The only inconsistency in my mind is that Swamp Mountain Jane Doe's clothing and accessories don't seem like those of a Christian fundamentalist. Overall an excellent find, though! I'm not sure if she's been ruled out but I'm sure someone can find out.

eta: oops, she's been suggested, clothing discussed, and apparently ruled out via DNA awhile ago. Still a really good find, though. Don't stop searching!

She disappeared from on 10/21/1973 from Sweet Home, Oregon which is right next to where the Swamp Mountain Jane Doe was found. Virginia was 1 inch taller than the estimated height of the Jane doe and looks similar to the recon. She was also 32 when she went missing, which matches the age range of the Jane doe.^

Ruled out, according to this earlier post:
OR - OR - Sweet Home, 'Swamp Mountain Doe' WhtFem 762UFOR, 18-40, Jul'76

Is it possible that our UID is Canadian? And more specifically French Canadian? I am Canadian and I don't know whether this is a generalization but I know quite a few French Canadian women who have that same long angular face with a long nose, sloe eyes and a pointed chin. Celine Dion has the same bone structure as does Chloe Sevigny who has French Canadian heritage.

If you go on Canada's Missing website and scroll through the images of women and men it is quite startling to see how many individuals (especially those prior to the 1990's) have the same angular looking faces. It's possible their ethnicity includes Algonquin First Nation heritage which accounts for the high cheekbones.

Here's a few random individuals (who I'm not in any way suggesting they are this UID) I've taken from the website.

Attachments

• missing french canadian 1.jpg
    missing french canadian 1.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 10
  • missing french canadian 4.jpg
    missing french canadian 4.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 12
  • missing french canadian 8.jpg
    missing french canadian 8.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 13
  • missing french canadian 10.jpg
    missing french canadian 10.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 12
Is it possible that our UID is Canadian? And more specifically French Canadian? I am Canadian and I don't know whether this is a generalization but I know quite a few French Canadian women who have that same long angular face with a long nose, sloe eyes and a pointed chin. Celine Dion has the same bone structure as does Chloe Sevigny who has French Canadian heritage.

If you go on Canada's Missing website and scroll through the images of women and men it is quite startling to see how many individuals (especially those prior to the 1990's) have the same angular looking faces. It's possible their ethnicity includes Algonquin First Nation heritage which accounts for the high cheekbones.

Here's a few random individuals (who I'm not in any way suggesting they are this UID) I've taken from the website.

I'll try to see if there is more information suggesting the UID was Canadian/French Canadian.

OT can you remember the name of the woman on the right, under, with the glasses?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back