OR OR - Sweet Home - 'Swamp Mountain Doe' - Am Ind/Native/WhtFem 18-40 - UP7765 - Jul'76

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Look at the clothes, what age would you all speculate doe is? I have no idea of fashion from the 60's-70's, but to me they look like clothes a younger gal would wear. I've seen some pics of my mom when she was in her teen years wearing similar wooden sole shoes.

Look at the clothes, what age would you all speculate doe is? I have no idea of fashion from the 60's-70's, but to me they look like clothes a younger gal would wear. I've seen some pics of my mom when she was in her teen years wearing similar wooden sole shoes.

First, a belated Welcome to Websleuths, MOTORUNNER :wagon: ! I also think she's on the younger end of the age range, closer to 18 than 40. In another post you mentioned 'auto rule outs' in a way, this is somewhat of a misconception. There are two kinds of DNA, nuclear and mitochondrial. The two samples need to be the same to be compatible for comparison; if they are different a match will not be made, even if both are in the same database. Since we do not have access to which are available for profiling, it's safer to request a manual comparison and rule out to avoid missing possible matches.

Thanks for the information, Shadow. I understand!

What do you think about Georgann Hawkins? She was a Bundy victim too, but it says she was last seen wearing white open toed clogs and she was only 5'2! I know its pretty unlikely... just seeing what you guys think.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/566dfwa.html

Found the area and it's not very close to the people I know, unfortunately.

"Oregon State Highway 20 near Swamp Mountain Road, Sweet Home"

There were partial remains of another doe found two years later not very far from there:

Case Report - NamUs UP # 7776
Case Information
Status Unidentified
Case number 78-2759
Date found April 27, 1978 at 01:36 PM
Date created September 02, 2010 at 03:36 PM
Date last modified August 28, 2011 at 06:07 AM
Date QA reviewed September 03, 2010 at 07:53 AM

Circumstances of death
Found in a forested area off of Highway 20 in eastern Linn County, Oregon.

https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/7776

Doe Network page for this Jane Doe: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/865ufor.html. I don't believe that this UID currently has a thread. Several of the suggestions here could easily work for this Jane Doe as well.

There are two new sketches for SMJD now visible on her NamUs page.

Bump. This would be a good case to suggest to DNA Doe Project. JMO.

Better idea to email Jane Doe's agency and let them know about DNA Doe Project... DDP has mentioned that they very rarely have reached out to agencies and that was only at the beginning too; agencies reach out to them at this point.

New recons:
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Her philtrum (vertical groove between nose and mouth) seems distinctively long to me.

No disrespect to these recon artists because I know they are professionals that work hard and do this for a living but do they all look super long and weird to anyone else? I always notice most recon faces are ridiculously long and just kind of silly looking :rolleyes:

I used to think that before I took a portrait drawing class and started really looking at people's faces. Then I became aware that a lot of perfectly ordinary faces are actually quite different when you look closely at their proportions and structures. And it's often difficult to draw unusual proportions without making the face look distorted or caracitured. We're just so used to seeing a "standard" face depicted in "standard" ways.

Since all this woman's reconstructions show the same unusually long and narrow face, I suspect she really did look something like this.

Here's a missing woman, Traci Kegley (1697DFAL - Traci Pittman Kegley), with a similar long face. She went missing 20 years after this woman was found, so it can't be her, but she illustrates my point. Notice also that smiling reduces the apparent length of the face and shortens the philtrum. The reconstructions show a face devoid of expression, but that's not how we normally perceive people.

Attachments

• Traci Kegley.png
    Traci Kegley.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 14

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members