GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoted from Caring Citizen:

LE says they know Whitney’s vehicle was at Dodge Park and Larch Mountain (east of Gresham/Troutdale) prior to the next timestamp at the gas station.
Route from Starbucks (or could have been her house equally close by) to Dodge Park and then on to Larch Mountain (both places uncovered evidence that is currently mum) http://goo.gl/maps/51Hph

Note in the above route that it takes just 21 minutes (10 miles) to get to Dodge Park and then it takes another 41 minutes (19 miles) to get to Larch because you essentially have to go back to central Gresham/Trouydale and go back out another way.

Route from Larch Mountain to Gas Station to McMenamin’s/TroutdaleTerrace shared field area (where the phone was found) and on to Walmart http://goo.gl/maps/LHpZN

Notice how once you get back into the central area, points B (gas) to C (phone dump) to D (SUV Walmart) are all very close together.

SUMMARY TIMELINE

• 6:45am Left the house (alone or not; willingly or not)

• 7:00ish to 9:00ish am (SUV and/or Whitney and/or her phone) was east of Gresham/Troutdale at Larch and Dodge according to LE (didn’t say how known: is it gps on her SUV; is it ping from her phone; is it visual sighting of her; is it ping from perp’s phone)
8:00ish to 8:15ish am Starbucks called Clint on his cell phone

Sometime after that Clint called Whitney’s parents (from where, no one has said)
• 9:14am ATM card used at gas station (attendant uses card in the pump/no one goes inside)
Small amt of gas bought (this ensures attendant is quick and doesn’t go to other customers)

Pumps work like RedBox (slide card, enter zip code, that’s it; atm cards work like credit cards in the pump but are a debit; no pin required but zip code is)

No clear proof the attendant saw Whitney but if he did and she was in the car, she wasn’t afraid enough of the driver to bail out of the car in this public place of potential freedom

Her phone ends up a mile away and her car just a couple more past that
Snipped for brevity.

Based on this very good information you put together, it appears that there are only *about* 25 minutes unaccounted for if both park areas were visited prior to the gas station appearance at 9:14 AM.

6:45 AM ---> 21 minutes to Dodge ---> 21 minutes back ---> 41 minutes to Larch ---> 41 minutes back = 8:49 AM

Excellent assessment of the time! It still boggles the mind to think LE knows she or the phone or her car went to those places prior to 9:14am. Are they basing it on objects that they collected there? Or pings? Or sightings? Or bio evidencer?

One thing to note is that it appears the perp is very familiar with places not only in Gresham/Troutdale (such as the field and private road between McMenamin's and the Terrace apartments) but he also knows Dodge and Lurch. I have not been to those places (but very near there). If you know back roads really well you can drive at a much faster clip than others I suppose. I wonder if they have any sightings of a large black SUV barreling down any of those highways.

Of course I still think there could be a 2nd car involved (not necessarily a second perp though). But to explain it I think it would get me in too much hot water. It's just a theory anyway - I really don't know enough detail in between.

Thanks for adding the timing assessment to the original piece on page 24.

Great job!

I saw her husband talking tonight on a KATU, channel 2 story. He mentioned two exact times that the card was used. My bank (US Bank) doesn't show that to me when I look up online - does anyone else's bank show the exact time a card is used? Perhaps LE was able to get the exact time and that's his source.

Also, KATU, or maybe it was KGW, said the person who found the phone was able to see texts, photos while LE is saying it wasn't on. I believe LE said that at this afternoon's press conference. I'm starting to feel like LE is not telling us everything and I just hope that means they know what's going on.

I'm just hoping for something.

My first post on this board. Stories like this are so unsettling and make us all want to try to do something to help - I think that's what we are all trying to do hear is to figure out this puzzle.

Take care.
I appreciate your message,that posters on WS want so much to help these missing people and their families,,friends, and loved ones!

:welcome: Soyaknow!

Ok, this pic is more zoomed out and may give everyone a better view of the post and bushes, giving a different perspective.

Note the distance to the walmart building. If I'm not mistaken I think walmarts cameras maybe on top of their building making it quite a distance for a great view.

whitney4.jpg
:what:Wow! The perp could slip behind the pole and barely be seen!

Here's the information I was paraphrasing from on my earlier post: http://www.katu.com/news/local/Police-evidence-telling-a-story-in-missing-woman-case-175019181.html

"During an afternoon news conference, Gresham police Lt. Claudio Grandjean was hopeful Heichel’s cell phone, which is a smartphone, would provide clues to her disappearance, especially any GPS information it may provide detectives.

He said the phone was found turned off but contained text messages from her family members, including her husband, Clint, asking about her whereabouts"

In the same story - reports of the phone being on: "What I was told by one little girl, they found a bunch of wood and decided to build a fort, playground thing. The phone started ringing and they picked it up. They opened it. One of the older girls recognized the girl from the news and ran it to their mom," said Stephanie Schubert who talked to girls playing near the apartment.

Also, the discrepancy in what the husband and LE are saying on the card being used: "Clint said bank records show Whitney's ATM card was also used at the T/A truck stop in Troutdale within eight minutes of it being used at the Shell station.

Police said they only have proof of Whitney's Explorer at the Shell station and her ATM card being used there."

Take care.

Press conference 10:00 10/19
<snip>
Q:
A: At this point nobody has been totally cleared, but if you are asking if he's a suspect: no.

BBM... sorry if i caused an uproar. lol. i was incorrect in saying he was cleared, i meant he's not a suspect. i went back and edited my post. :) either way... i still think they have reason to believe why he's not involved :)

Someone requested these a page or two ago.

Uploading some screen caps of Whitney's SUV before it left the walmart parking lot. Maybe they tell a story for someone. Also I'm posting a link with the story showing the red marking flags for broken glass, black apron ect.

Screen shots are taken from this video as close as possible including the broken passenger window.

whitneysuv1.jpg

Front tires don't seem as muddy as the rear tires. Also I think it was backed in so the license plate was hidden, it was found by friends (video)
whitney3.jpg

Video story explaining flags and SUV find at this link.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Poli...ng-Gresham-woman-174660661.html?tab=video&c=y

Hey - can you tell me how you drop whole photos in your posts? I tried to no avail on previous attempts. I have some screenshots too that might be interesting. How do you do that? Thanks!!

wow 20 pages later...sorry if this was posted already but i can't catch up.

in the beginning of the thread i asked about the weather that night (monday the 15th). according to locals (and weather.com) it was a teeming downpour.

so. whitney gets home from her mom's, in darkness and rain, and conveniently a neighbor is in the lot...or on the street...and generously parks her car when asked for assistance. that same night, clint observes that the tires are not nearly as muddy as they were the next day.

in a rain storm?

many pages have gone by, so if i've missed something, SIA. sorry in advance. TIA...

Does her mom live off a dirt road? How would Clint know that the car was not muddy if she came home when it was dark, and she left to go to work while it was stil dark?

Did they do a search of the area around the apt. complex the day she went missing??????? Like a real one?

Great question...wonder also if they looked carefully around the front door of the apartment...and inside the apartment itself ?

snipped...

I was in Oregon 2 weeks ago and got gas, the attendant didn't ask for my zip code to use either... debit or credit card (got gas in two different locations using different cards over the course of a weekend).

So that makes it even much easier to use her card - with or without her. I know in Washington (where I am now) I have to put my zip in for gas - that we pump ourselves.

I lived in Oregon for about a decade (6 of those in Gresham/Troutdale) but it has been awhile. Others have chimed in also to say zip code is not necessary there (anymore or maybe ever).

Thanks for the additional validation on this.

first - welcome to WS!!! :)

second - maybe he called the bank to find out the exact transaction times? i would think that's the only way he COULD know. my online bank account only shows dates.

One of my accounts displays the transaction times of every purchase. They're listed in military time immediately following the date on the screen.

Good point from ABC report. 3 hour gap between Starbucks boss calling Clint and Clint's 911 call. Huge block of time.

Ok, this pic is more zoomed out and may give everyone a better view of the post and bushes, giving a different perspective.

Note the distance to the walmart building. If I'm not mistaken I think walmarts cameras maybe on top of their building making it quite a distance for a great view.

whitney4.jpg

I think this is the first time I've quoted a post...hope I'm doing it correctly. In the picture near the rear drivers side there is what appears to be a cloth or clothing maybe a tshirt lying on the ground. Could the perp have used that to open the rear class , jump out and then use it to close the glass to possibly keep hand/finger prints off the glass? Then just tossed it as he walked away? Certainly LE took this in as possible evidence after the picture was taken?

wow 20 pages later...sorry if this was posted already but i can't catch up.

in the beginning of the thread i asked about the weather that night (monday the 15th). according to locals (and weather.com) it was a teeming downpour.

so. whitney gets home from her mom's, in darkness and rain, and conveniently a neighbor is in the lot...or on the street...and generously parks her car when asked for assistance. that same night, clint observes that the tires are not nearly as muddy as they were the next day.

in a rain storm?

many pages have gone by, so if i've missed something, SIA. sorry in advance. TIA...

The neighbour might be a smoker. Just speculating..

After seeing Whitneys mother earlier my heart was crushed, she looked so fatigued. I wanted to hug her. I have a few friends that are Jehovah Witness's and they are really kind caring people who would do anything they could to help anyone. They usually know the bible front to back Meaning if you asked something they could specifically point you right to the page.
I would think if Whitney was infact abducted she would probably try teaching the person about Jehovah and Paradise. I hope she is safe and okay and brought home soon.

after this afternoon's presser i feel MUCH more confident that LE is sooooooo close to an arrest and possibly finding sweet Whitney. sounds like they are "pleased" with what they found and that the evidence they have found tells a story. this is awesome!!! i'm so happy that it's leading them closer to solving the puzzle.

something that i thought of earlier that doesn't really matter too much really, except for explaining why they have said that her husband isnt a POI... perhaps surveillance of the perp shows that he is maybe black/mexican/asian? overweight/build that doesnt match Clint? maybe they got a good shot of the guys face? maybe the attendant told LE that the guy was a race other than "white" so that leads them to believe that the husband would be cleared?

they said that they don't have a POI, but that the husband is not a suspect. this makes me think that they may not know exactly who he IS, but they know who he ISNT. but... i think it's only a matter of time before they find out exactly who he is. i have a huge feeling his DNA/prints are in her car and that is why they are making such great progress.

another thing... what if whitney somehow turned her phone onto some sort of recording mode, like a camera. people that use their phones a lot are able to do things without even looking at the phone. maybe she was able to slip the phone into her hand and hold it on the side of her seat and catch a shot of the perp? back when cell phones first came out, i was a pro at doing things on it without looking (back in my teens)... these days i could care less and am really slow at texting lol. just thinking outloud again here. she might not have been able to dial anyone without looking at her screen, but maybe she could turn her camera on easily? maybe the perp caught her trying to do something like this and thought he could take the phone home and get rid of whatever she caught on it, only to find that it had a lock on it... so he tossed it.

Good points! I think they may have a pretty good description, from the video tape at the gas station, so it's just a matter of time before they catch up with him. And yes, she could very well have taken a pic of him and he didn't realize it.
It's also possible that LE has pinged Clint's phone too, and his movements can all be accounted for. I personally believe he had nothing to do with it, just from the reaction of her mom to him.
I think the little chuckle was because he was very nervous, and when he did try to talk, he just couldn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine