GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In most cases I've followed, there are generally viable but unconfirmed reports of the discovery of a body before a press conference is announced- if the press conference is held to announce the recovery of a body.

Anything is possible, I guess.

I was thinking that is why the PC was announced, to prevent rumors or a leak?

Hi WBers :) I haven’t posted since the early months of the Kyron Horman case, but come on here often. This case is very scary since it is so close to home (Portland), I walk to and from work every day, and Whitney was possibly right outside her door when this happened. Whether this is a stranger crime or an acquaintance crime or harm from someone who recognized her from the local area (watched her movements, etc.), it is highly unsettling.

One of the things that confuses me the most is why on earth someone would go to multiple gas stations in such close proximity in time and place for minimal gas purchases. I’d think they’d prefer to stay off the radar?? I feel like this person was attempting to be wily and throw LE, but...is not very bright and tactics are misguided. If we are told that LE knows the SUV was at Dodge and Larch prior to the gas station stops, I am thinking the attempt was to get the gas tank back at where it was before the whole thing started - maybe thinking Whitney’s husband wouldn’t know the exact milage on the car, but could tell LE how much gas was in the tank before Whitney was missing - giving away how far the SUV was driven. He pit-stops to fill it back up, drives a bit and doesn’t see the needle go up enough, and has to try a couple of times to make it seem like everything that occurred was local, buying time? Just a thought...Apologies if this has already been brought up and I am repeating.

I also don’t understand the backing into the parking spot. Yes he could crawl out the back, but why bother when it takes less time and is less conspicuous to just pull into the spot and exit the car at roughly the same “hidden-ish” spot by that pole? My opinion is that a vagrant or meth head wouldn’t have the patience or wherewithal to back into a spot vs pull in...Too awkward, requires some dexterity and skill, may call more attention to the vehicle (especially if it is 11:17 am at this point).

I hope there is resolution on this as soon as possible. This case is heartbreaking.

The only thing that makes sense to me about why all these very strange things were done is that they were done by a person with a very drug-addled mind. JMO

I'm here in Virginia...I don't know if my nerves can handle staying up and waiting to hear this...my gut feeling tells me its not what I've been praying for. Oh dear Lord!!:anguish:

I feel the same way - my stomach hurts. I'm just revisiting everything that's been said and the comment from the detective that said "stranger on stranger crimes are rare" and the fact they've been holding twice daily press conferences, which I think was to turn up the heat on the suspect, is pretty telling.

We are now getting a ticker arcoss our TV about the press conference on Channel 2 (KATU), it will be live on TV as well as the links above on the internet.

Take care.

There's really no reason for the presser unless a major shift has taken place. IE, the discovery of a body.

Can you guys confirm for a sleepy non-local that the presser is roughly 80 min away (1am EST)?

1 hr 16 minutes from now.

(In case this has not been suggested re the zip code issue, if the perp knows her address, he might know her zip code, yes? May be the same as his, even?)

I feel like a wimp. I wasn't planning on staying up that late and I'm in Oregon! :lol:

I feel like a wimp. I wasn't planning on staying up that late and I'm in Oregon! :lol:

Your close Kimster, go buzz em in your little spaceship, let us know whats going on, hopefully you will bring us good news:)

Ugh. I'm tired... and really scared to listen. Hoping beyond hope that it's good news.

Was Clint up there at the mountain today with WH's mom (handing out food)? I only saw her mom there, but maybe the news just didn't say/show Clint or WH's dad.. hmm.

My "clue" guess is a neighbor at her complex, someone she knew... don't want to guess after that.

That's the math I have too. NOT 3 hours.

The confusion was probably with the time elapsed from time last reported seen (6:45am) and time reported missing (9:56am), a bit over 3 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay