DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/KATUMeghan
Medical Examiner truck just arrived.
A5nxCHgCQAAIODB.jpg

https://twitter.com/KATUMeghan/status/259503472221765632/photo/1

Why would they bring in a Medical Examiner?

"Not all counties use the medical examiner system.
A coroner is an elected official whose function is roughly the same as that as a medical examiner.

A medical examiner is a doctor, most often a forensics pathologist,appointed usually by city or county
govt to investigate the causes of deaths and to conduct autopsies."

Source: examiner.com

Well, she would have to be officially identified; they cannot do a visual identity, even if they feel it is her.

How long does it take them to officially identify her? Do they just need the family to make a positive or do they need DNA?

How long does it take them to officially identify her? Do they just need the family to make a positive or do they need DNA?

Assuming she isn't decomposed or dismembered (heaven forbid, sorry everyone I have the Jessica case on my mind) then I'm pretty sure the family could make a positive ID for LE.

It will take a day or so, If they have found a body, then Autopsy, ID notify faimly etc

A forensics truck was already there. Besides a body, is there any other reason they'd bring out the ME? (Pls say there is....)

I'm not worried about the Forensics truck. We live in Oregon, do you know just how many people have been missing in this state? If this is a sketchy area like some people have said, it could be anyone. I feel like if they actually found her they wouldn't wait until ten.

Look in scanner thread and read events tonight since about 5:30

So sad watching this unfold. Who would take the life of this beautiful sweet girl??? This doesn't look good.

If it's what we're fearing... that Whitney's body has been found... then it's definitely a crime scene
and when there's a body found, a coroner/medical examiner arrives to assist in the investigation, obtain
evidence, and to transport the body away from crime scene.

The body may or may not be identified at that time.
I doubt they would have the family come to the crime scene to make a positive identification,

Something led them to this location, of course. Especially if they found something bad there. There knew where they were looking. I am hoping that means that they know who did this. It seemed to me at the earlier PC that there was a lot unsaid. I think they know exactly what happened and probably who did it.

It seems to be different everywhere...but I would imagine just a day or two, probably by tomorrow if they have dental records (assuming she has been found.) I don't know how often families are asked to ID victims of homicide?

Im not used to the amount of activity with some of these cases, still trying to catch up. I had thoughts to share but now =\. Perhaps its another body, or maybe the examiner was called in to determine if remains were human or not (ie a hunter gutted his catch in the woods)

The forensics truck wasn't as worrisome as the medical examiner.

After four days, it's likely that they could perform a tentative visual identification.

Look in scanner thread and read events tonight since about 5:30

sorry, i am still learning where things are at. went back to the first page where the nurse brought things over but don't see a link for that thread. what am i missing?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay