GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting new details
"Holt told detectives two men robbed him, taking his backpack and electronics while he was on his way to ride the MAX to work -- a story police said was retold later with inconsistencies.

Detectives said Holt told them he was "stressed" about the alleged robbery and that if it had not happened, he would have been more helpful to them regarding Whitney's disappearance.

Holt told detectives he was "having a sort of surreal feeling."

"Like, is all this stuff really happening, Whitney gone; I got robbed," documents show.

Holt's wife told detectives he had told her the story about being robbed, and she replied to detectives that the story sounded "crazy" and she felt he was "probably lying" to her."
Source:http://www.nwcn.com/home/?fId=176052031&fPath=/news/local&fDomain=10202

The affidavit linked in the article above says they did find her SUV at Walmart. It also says she had been nervous about some precancerous indicators they found at a doctor's appointment. Poor Whitney.

What link? What kind of precancerous indicators?

What I am finding SO so SOOOOO upsetting, is...the car was found @1 that day? this evidence was in the car....

How her mother made it through that press conference, I can only attribute to the strength she pulled together to demand justice for her daughter :( And why Clint and WH's father were unable to speak I completely understand now.....

if THIS is the evidence found in the vehicle, I can't imagine much hope at the point they did that PC :(

Sorry for so many back to back posts, just getting caught up and figured I'd respond a little at a time.

From this article:
http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/i...cted.html#incart_river_default#incart_m-rpt-2

Snippets from the article, BBM:

Holt, who was unaware that investigators were following him, dropped a handgun in some bushes at his Swan Island workplace, left crumpled ammunition boxes in a Dumpster of a Gresham apartment complex and even left one of two handguns in the grass outside the Gresham Police Department -- just before he entered for his 3:30 p.m. interview.

<snip>

He took police to the turnout along a road near Roslyn Lake in Clackamas County where he killed her, the search warrant states.

<snip>

Holt was spotted walking along a street in Gresham later that evening by two church members who were helping look for Heichel. They gave him a ride to his home after he initially refused to get in.
<snip>

BBM #1 from the article, I guess we knew this already but what a stupid, disgusting person (must I call him that?). IMO... and I know, allegedly and all, since he hasn't been tried/convicted yet.

BBM #2 hmm I wonder if that's really where it happened? I'm sure LE would confirm with evidence but that seems kind of weird. It's already been mentioned a few times by locals that this location seems surprising, given where he left her. Then again this entire case is weird, off, and makes no sense.

BBM #3 WOW!! <self-editing, but insert expletive here> Can you imagine being the second person/people to give him a ride that day?!?! They must be incredibly shaken up!

The affidavit also says that 11:22, a white utility vehicle entered the Walmart parking lot in the same area where Whitney's SUV was found. It exited the parking lot one minute after Whitney's SUV pulled into the parking lot at 11:38, according to surveillance video.

Could that be how Holt left the Walmart? But who drove it there ahead of time?

Source: http://media.oregonlive.com/gresham_impact/other/holt1.pdf

(I'm new here, so I don't even know if I'm doing this right. Sorry ahead of time if I've done anything absurdly wrong!)

What I am finding SO so SOOOOO upsetting, is...the car was found @1 that day? this evidence was in the car....

How her mother made it through that press conference, I can only attribute to the strength she pulled together to demand justice for her daughter :( And why Clint and WH's father were unable to speak I completely understand now.....

if THIS is the evidence found in the vehicle, I can't imagine much hope at the point they did that PC :(

Totally agree with this.

The affidavit also says that 11:22, a white utility vehicle entered the Walmart parking lot in the same area where Whitney's SUV was found. It exited the parking lot one minute after Whitney's SUV pulled into the parking lot at 11:38, according to surveillance video.

Could that be how Holt left the Walmart? But who drove it there ahead of time?

Source: http://media.oregonlive.com/gresham_impact/other/holt1.pdf

(I'm new here, so I don't even know if I'm doing this right. Sorry ahead of time if I've done anything absurdly wrong!)

I think you've got it. :)

Interesting they mentioned that white utility vehicle in the affidavit. Good catch, I hadn't seen that. It could be how he left, but it conflicts somewhat with the other quote I just posted from another article about him getting a ride from another couple. I hope they find or have found the utility vehicle to at least figure out if it's linked or not.

New info
According to the search warrant affidavit, they found the following things:WARNING GRAPHIC

All four tires had “copious amounts of dried and evergreen needles stuck to them”

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Cour...ith-detectives-Whitney-Heichel-176042341.html
:(

Snipped by me

Well this new info sheds some additional light in the oft asked question "How did the 'church group' search parties know where to search." They found the SUV so they surely saw the pine needles. Probably sent groups to every forested area within the distance the car would have had time to travel.

I just suddenly realized that if friends/family found the SUV and the window was broken wide open, then they must have seen the inside as described. How utterly devastating! No wonder the family appeared to "already know" by the Thur press confr.

So it seems a head shot. Yet that was not enough. Still had to keep shooting :furious: Angry because she didn't respond with the same Love (obsession) he held for her. I wonder what else may have been missing from their Apt. other than her phone. I shudder to think. MOO

I feel like I might have missed a detail. What did you mean when you said, "what else may have been missing from their Apt. other than her phone" was something found to be missing from WH and CH's apartment?

I feel like I might have missed a detail. What did you mean when you said, "what else may have been missing from their Apt. other than her phone" was something found to be missing from WH and CH's apartment?

I think Bravo is alluding to what other 'things' he could have taken, that went unnoticed (ie, clothing, private items, etc.)

I don't even have words. Poor Whitney. My heart just breaks. If her blood and such were in the passenger seat, I'm wondering if she ever did agree to drive him. I wonder if she was in the passenger seat the whole time. I wonder if he really did get her to perform oral sex on him or if she refused and he shot her. I can see him still saying she did just to prove that he controlled her. Maybe that is why there were 4 gunshots.

Her poor family, poor AH, poor CH I wish they didn't have to know this kind of stuff.

ugh...the phone he 'tossed' was the one he STOLE from CH :/

http://media.oregonlive.com/gresham_impact/other/holt1.pdf

It's a LOT of reading, but the FAMILY viewed the video at the shell station and identified WH's vehicle. ( pg 3)

Edit; WalMart employee found suspicious items in dumpster...not family/friends/church members.

stained linens were for a wedding :( (no doubt the one she had been discussing the night before she disappeared)

Edit again:

I have to stop reading now..it's incredibly graphic :(

Investigators said the man accused of murdering Whitney Heichel made up a story about a robbery to create an alibi for the day the 21-year-old woman was killed.

Detectives said Whitney Heichel's body was found on Larch Mountain three days after Jonathan Holt killed her and dumped her body.

Court documents released Friday said two members of the search party trying to find Heichel spotted Jonathan Holt wandering around near Southeast 257th and Stark on Oct. 16. as they drove home.

They recognized him as a friend from church, according to investigators, and offered him a ride. He acted like he was going to get in, before stopping and saying, "I just need to finish clearing my head," according to the report.

The searchers then called Holt's wife, who they said was crying. She said her husband was missing. Holt's wife later told investigators the searchers replied to her, "No he's not, he's right here on 257th and Stark, walking around."
The searchers then approached Holt again and asked him what was wrong. Holt told the searchers he had been robbed at gunpoint that morning by two black men as he walked to the MAX station.

Holt told investigators his motorcycle wouldn't start, so he decided to walk to the MAX station and that's when the robbery happened.

He also told them he was in a very bad financial situation, his wife was the only source of income and they were barely getting by.

http://www.kptv.com/story/19929464/...murder-suspect-made-up-robbery-story-as-alibi

Holt said the robbers took the only valuable items they still had, including his wallet, keys, iPhone, iPad and laptop. He then thought he would lose his job due to being late, according to the court documents, which is why he spent the whole day walking around.

Detectives said as the conversation continued, Holt changed or added details about the robbery.

Holt's wife told investigators her husband had run off before when things weren't going well, referring to a 2011 stolen car investigation in which Holt told police he had a mental breakdown.

Holt's wife told detectives "he was probably lying to me" about the robbery.

According to court documents, investigators believe Holt tried to clean Heichel's SUV up after he killed her. They found a Febreze bottle inside the SUV that only had a quarter of the liquid left. However, spots of blood were found throughout and a pool of blood and hair were found under the mats.

A fingerprint pulled from the Febreze bottled matched that of Holt, according to detectives.

http://www.kptv.com/story/19929464/...murder-suspect-made-up-robbery-story-as-alibi

the quotes in the report of JH's account of the morning WH was missing, and him stating that he "just needed to get away and be by himself" and spend the whole day walking..makes his earlier 2011 "need to get away" all the more vital to investigate, imo.

Edit: The report says that his (JH) phone called Starbucks at 6:08 am that morning....:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
localghost