GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Glow. Good question! I can't say I had an overt change of opinion about this. It just evolved. When I first read about this crime, I felt JH must have been obsessed with her. There was the anonymous person, quoted by anonymous sources, saying JH had peeped over the balcony into their apartment. That probably influenced me to think he was a stalker/obsessive.

But pretty quickly, I noticed some similarities to a murder/rape I had followed previously. (I mentioned this in prior posts). The *advertiser censored* issue influenced me, as did a perception that JH was struggling personally with failure (work instability) and suffering the disfavor of his wife (per her comments in the affidavit about not contributing enough, or something to that effect). The anger-retaliatory type behavior seemed likely to me.

And it just doesn't click to me that he would rape and kill a woman he obsessively "loved" or desired. Men rape and kill women with whom they have had an intimate relationship, when rebuffed. That doesn't work here. Men rape women about whom they fantasize a relationship with, but they usually don't know that person nor do they usually kill that person. This "rape" (I'll just use that word to describe the sexual aspect of this case) doesn't make sense. There was no possible way this could have ended "well" based on the circumstances, which would leave the only "explainable" type of sexual assault as an anger-retaliatory type act. And if that was the case, it would probably have been triggered by anger JH felt toward another woman, not Whitney. I wonder whether JH and AH argued that night. I know the affidavit says they had pizza and went to bed at 9:30. No mention was made of any conflict. But I wonder. And/or I wonder if he was feeling emasculated because of feeling (imaginary or otherwise) vibes from his wife that he wasn't contributing to the household. I wonder if he felt resentment from her which angered him. I wonder if his new job, and its taking up his daytime hours, was preventing him from looking at his *advertiser censored* in recent weeks (his wife was home in the evenings...when was he to tend to his "habit" now that he's working?) and that could have been angering him.

At any rate, if he is an anger-retaliatory type perp, his violent act would probably have resulted from misdirected anger at a time proximate to such feelings. It would not have resulted from being frustratingly in love with WH ala: "I'm so obsessively in love with her, I must kidnap her and force her to give me sex; that will solve everything." NOT. But if he was angry/drunk/drugged/or whatever that night, he may have had the compulsion to act out. Maybe he was stewing all night and since JH knew she worked at SB's and would be vulnerable in the early morning, she may have had the misfortune to be the one who provided him with an opportunity to be his victim. Anger-retaliatory rapists act out when they are angry, at which time they seek an opportunity. It's not an obsessive love type of modus operandi.

And if he was more of a power-reassurance type rapist, they are less likely to be violent, and more likely to walk away when rejected. Plus, they tend to fantasize that a relationship might develop. And they tend to be single. Kidnapping and assaulting WH doesn't fit that model, because there is no possibility for a "favorable" outcome for the rapist. He knows her as a family acquaintance. He's married, she's married, he took her at gunpoint in a vehicle. That just doesn't fit with the P-R type rapist traits/tendencies, IMO.

(Then again, I'm no expert in criminology! These are just my lay-person opinions based on what I have read and observed in cases.)

So IMO, the only rape "type" which could fit is anger-retaliatory. There was an obvious lack of planning on JH's part. If he was "obsessed" with her, what was his plan? How does he get away with it? He can't. But if this was an A-R incident, it would have been more impulsive/compulsive and driven by his point-in-time anger, which would result in a more disorganized type crime and lack of consideration of the subsequent consequences.

Anyway, I still also wonder whether anyone else is involved. I definitely did not believe that at the beginning. I fell into the "he was obsessed, abducted, assaulted and killed her" mode, although the timeline made zero sense to me. THEN I read the 40-something page affidavit, and got hit with a serious case of hinkiness. As I was reading along, things were triggering questions in my mind. And they kept piling up. And when I read about the white utility vehicle at Walmart, I felt sucker-punched. So I read it over and over, again and again trying to make sense of the chronology and logistics. I rationalized the white utility vehicle. But finally, I could not reconcile the bizarreness of the totality of the circumstances. Who leaves their gun in the grass at the police station? Who kills someone in Sandy, OR and then drives to downtown Gresham with a dead body in a car to get gas to then proceed to Larch Mountain? Who leaves the victim's license plate near the body? Who has a posse of organized searchers finding evidence which is like finding needles in haystacks within hours of WH's death? I mean, BINGO, those searchers were right on target. HOW LUCKY! Cripes, with massive troves of law enforcement searching, Isabel Celis and Baby Lisa are STILL MISSING, but these searchers found everything that was pertinent to this crime within a day, or 36 hours of the murder.

Perhaps this crime is just as has been portrayed to the public. Maybe all of these circumstances are just coincidence. I leave my mind open to that possibility. It could very well be.

But I also keep my mind open to the possibility that there is more to this crime than has been shared.

Something just stinks. That affidavit said a whole lot. But there also might be a whole lot more that was left unsaid.

After all, that's why we're all here reading these posts, right? Because something is ODD about this case.

BOODLES-- I too am in your group believing the breakneck speed of which so much, if not all, of the major evidence found was incredibly lucky or just by Divine Intervention

And there were miles and miles of a community that had to searched by what 60 carloads of searchers? It astounds me how can people organize that quickly? And was'nt Oct 16th the day WH went missing, was'nt that a Monday when most people are working? I don't know, just throwing that out there.

Don't get me wrong, it's so gratifying to have so many people who cared so much and were so successful to find the evidence

On WS there are so many cold cases where it takes weeks, months to pull together the suspect, evidence, charges made

Maybe, on the other hand, Holt was too scatter brained in his reckless conduct of this crime and though many things seem strange, but in the end, it was just Holt and only Holt?

And maybe this sounds goofy, this could just one of those cases where A Miracle from The Angels made sure Holt would be caught quickly. Divine Intervention, Faith so to speak. Maybe WH was wearing a Miraculous Medal that day ?

BOODLES-- I too am in your group believing the breakneck speed of which so much, if not all, of the major evidence found was incredibly lucky or just by Divine Intervention

And there were miles and miles of a community that had to searched by what 60 carloads of searchers? It astounds me how can people organize that quickly? And was'nt Oct 16th the day WH went missing, was'nt that a Monday when most people are working? I don't know, just throwing that out there.

Don't get me wrong, it's so gratifying to have so many people who cared so much and were so successful to find the evidence

On WS there are so many cold cases where it takes weeks, months to pull together the suspect, evidence, charges made

Maybe, on the other hand, Holt was too scatter brained in his reckless conduct of this crime and though many things seem strange, but in the end, it was just Holt and only Holt?

And maybe this sounds goofy, this could just one of those cases where A Miracle from The Angels made sure Holt would be caught quickly. Divine Intervention, Faith so to speak. Maybe WH was wearing a Miraculous Medal that day ?

As I have stated before I give a lot of credit to Bob Weaver who coordinated the search. An article I linked previously about him said he was a Portland firefighter for nearly 30 years and a para-rescue man in the Air Force Reserve.

I feel that another reason that 60 carloads could be so efficient has to do with how Jehovah's Witnesses conduct their door-to-door ministry. Everything is very organized. The territory that each Kingdom Hall is assigned is covered in a very systematic way.

It is my understanding that each carload was given a section of the map to cover. They probably did so in the exact fashion that they cover their territory in the field ministry. . . street by street, block by block, neighborhood by neighborhood, area by area, and so on.

I'm certain the Prosecution will be knocking down your door in hopes you will assist them with this case. *chuckles* Fantastic work!! :bow:

Your theory certainly is solid and makes a lot of sense to me, however, one thing I'm stuck on is the fact that he knew her in several different areas (church, neighbors, etc.). I would think - and this may simply be the fact that I am not an ARR and merely do not think like one - that knowing a victim would not be first choice. It may not matter one way or the other to them; have you come across any kind of statistics regarding how many ARRs knew their victims vs. how many that didn't?

I apologize if you've mentioned it previously and I missed it. And TIA. *smiles*

Thank you Kodi! I have been putting a lot of thought into this case, because it has hit so close to home. I would be happy to help LE, in any way that I can, if I ever hear that knock one day! This case has a lot of pieces, and it is great hearing all of the different theories. Everyone comes here with different experiences and backgrounds, and I learn a little something new every day.

I will have to search a little bit and see if I can come up with statistics on ARRapists. The stats that I have read, from a variety of sources, are that between 60 -74 percent (2/3) of all rapes against females (US Bureau of Justice Statistics) usually occur by someone the victim already knows; with 38 percent being a friend or acquaintance. Stranger rape happens in only about a quarter( 26%) of the cases. So the chance of a female victim being raped by someone they know is statistically high.

Rape - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then if we take the US murder statistics (usdoj.gov), that gets interesting as well. 64 percent of the murders that are committed against females, are committed by people they already know(family, intimate, acquaintance). Strangers committed only 9 percent of the murders against females.

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/homicide/gender.cfm

Looking at the stats of the US rapes, a chance of a female being raped by someone they know is around 74%. With the female murder cases, the stats of a female being murdered by someone they know, is around a 64%. Even without profiling someone, it is highly likely that WH was murdered by someone she knew. This is why LE mentioned during their news conferences that the suspect would be, most likely someone she knew.

I will do some research and see if there are some stats on ARRapists to post. I would be interested in finding out that information as well!

Sasquatch your pictures are wonderful. You live in such a beautiful area!

Sasquatch your pictures are wonderful. You live in such a beautiful area!
Thank you Glow! There are a lot of beautiful places in Oregon, including The Willamette Valley and the Sandy River area! It is a real nice area to live in!

I am still trying to decide if there was an "obsession" with Whitney on the part of JH.

This, as far as I can tell is where that came from:

http://www.kgw.com/news/Clues-lead-...-in-murder-of-Whitney-Heichel--175092931.html

"Sources told KGW reporter Kyle Iboshi that Holt was "obsessed" with Heichel."

Kyle Iboshi appears to be a well respected and reliable reporter. Seems I vaguely remember some journalism rule that if a source doesnt want to be named, the person the "source" relayed the information to can be named.

This would lend validity to the statement because some one is being held responsible for the statement by name. In this case, Kyle Iboshi.

In addition to this being written at the above link, Iboshi made the same statement on his twitter page.

I think it doubtful that he "made it up". So who told him that?

Whitneys life seemed to be composed of overlapping circles (as is most peoples), her 3 circles seem to be composed of her apartment complex, her work mates, her religious community.

In that same link above, it says a few paragraphs later refarding JH:

Heichel's family released a statement that his presence provided no clue to the murder.

In the PDF Clint Heichel said basically the same thing, No reason to suspicious of JH before this.

Whitney seemed to have lots of friends in her religious community as well as her personal family and its hard to believe something that salacious in nature (one married congregation member having an obsession with someone elses spouse) would have gone completely unnoticed by anyone. I think word would have quickly made it back to one of Whitneys connections if not to Whitney herself.

This leads me to think that the "source" Kyle Iboshi got his quote from was either work or neighbor related.

JH did have the phone number to the Starbucks where Whitney worked. I wonder if he frequented the store and a workmate or two since it says sources (plural) told the reporter that.

The other logical "sources" could be people living at her apartment complex.

That got me thinking about the neighbor who said he wore his helmet while walking to his apartment. Did the helmet have a dark visor I wonder? That would be a good way to keep people from seeing him stare.

Stare at Whitney, or her apartment.

Just crazy enough to be possible?

• Arthur Richard Jackson
  • Robert John Bardo
  • Barry George
  • Jonathan Norman
  • David Tarloff
  • Oliver O'Quinn
  • Raymond J. Clark III

and perhaps
  • Steven Powell
etc.

--
The Erotomanic Stalker

Erotomania is a delusion in which the stalker believes the individual of his/her love, loves him/her back. ... Erotomania frequently is not based on a sexual attraction. The erotomanic stalker fantasizes more about a romantic love and/or a spiritual union. The victim is usually of a higher status than the stalker. Efforts to contact the victim are common, but erotomanic stalkers may keep the delusion a secret. They study their victims, often from afar. They are commonly referred to as celebrity stalkers or obsessed fans.

[..]

Delusional stalkers choose victims who are unattainable in some way; the victim may be already involved in a relationship; frequently it is someone who has been kind to them; a therapist, clergyman, doctor, work supervisor, teacher, or even the police officer who stopped them for a traffic violation but did not cite them.

[..]

When they attempt to act out this fantasy in real life, they expect the victim to return the affection. When no affection is returned, the stalker often reacts with threats and intimidation. When the threats and intimidation don't accomplish what they hoped, the stalker can become violent and even homicidal.
Long article:
http://www.officer.com/article/10249473/emotionally-disturbed-mentally-ill-stalkers

--

This category is characterized by stalkers who develop a love obsession or fixation on another person with whom they have no personal relationship. The target may be only a casual acquaintance or even a complete stranger. This category represents about 20-25 percent (20-25%) of all stalking cases.

Some decide that if they cannot be a positive part of their victim's life, they will be part of their life in a negative way. Some even go so far as to murder their victims in a twisted attempt to romantically link themselves to their victim forever.
Article:
http://www.uic.edu/depts/owa/stalking_profiles.html

I am still trying to decide if there was an "obsession" with Whitney on the part of JH.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Clues-lead-...-in-murder-of-Whitney-Heichel--175092931.html

Kyle Iboshi appears to be a well respected and reliable reporter. Seems I vaguely remember some journalism rule that if a source doesnt want to be named, the person the "source" relayed the information to can be named.

This would lend validity to the statement because some one is being held responsible for the statement by name. In this case, Kyle Iboshi.

In addition to this being written at the above link, Iboshi made the same statement on his twitter page.

Whitneys life seemed to be composed of overlapping circles (as is most peoples), her 3 circles seem to be composed of her apartment complex, her work mates, her religious community.

Heichel's family released a statement that his presence provided no clue to the murder.

In the PDF Clint Heichel said basically the same thing, No reason to suspicious of JH before this.

Whitney seemed to have lots of friends in her religious community as well as her personal family and its hard to believe something that salacious in nature (one married congregation member having an obsession with someone elses spouse) would have gone completely unnoticed by anyone. I think word would have quickly made it back to one of Whitneys connections if not to Whitney herself.

This leads me to think that the "source" Kyle Iboshi got his quote from was either work or neighbor related.

JH did have the phone number to the Starbucks where Whitney worked. I wonder if he frequented the store and a workmate or two since it says sources (plural) told the reporter that.

That got me thinking about the neighbor who said he wore his helmet while walking to his apartment. Did the helmet have a dark visor I wonder? That would be a good way to keep people from seeing him stare.

Incredible work, Glow! The depth of sleuthing you did, as well as many others here, amazes me and reminds me just how new to this I am. I am struggling with this myself; I'm not as confident as I once was she was his obsession.

The concepts and theories that everyone here contributes are invaluable as they give us so many different perspectives and push us to think outside the box...well, for me at least. And for that, I thank each and every one of you. *smiles*

Thank you Kodi! I have been putting a lot of thought into this case, because it has hit so close to home. I would be happy to help LE, in any way that I can, if I ever hear that knock one day! This case has a lot of pieces, and it is great hearing all of the different theories. Everyone comes here with different experiences and backgrounds, and I learn a little something new every day.

I will have to search a little bit and see if I can come up with statistics on ARRapists. The stats that I have read, from a variety of sources, are that between 60 -74 percent (2/3) of all rapes against females (US Bureau of Justice Statistics) usually occur by someone the victim already knows; with 38 percent being a friend or acquaintance. Stranger rape happens in only about a quarter( 26%) of the cases. So the chance of a female victim being raped by someone they know is statistically high.

Rape - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then if we take the US murder statistics (usdoj.gov), that gets interesting as well. 64 percent of the murders that are committed against females, are committed by people they already know(family, intimate, acquaintance). Strangers committed only 9 percent of the murders against females.

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/homicide/gender.cfm

Looking at the stats of the US rapes, a chance of a female being raped by someone they know is around 74%. With the female murder cases, the stats of a female being murdered by someone they know, is around a 64%. Even without profiling someone, it is highly likely that WH was murdered by someone she knew. This is why LE mentioned during their news conferences that the suspect would be, most likely someone she knew.

I will do some research and see if there are some stats on ARRapists to post. I would be interested in finding out that information as well!

Thank you, Sasquatch. *smiles* I was so dialed in on the ARR profile that I didn't take into account the statistics for rapists in general. I know it is far more likely there is a connection in this kind of assualt between the assailant and the victim, but I was curious as to this type of rapist in particular. Thinking of it after your post, I'm more inclined to assume the statistics may not change much, but we may end up being surprised.

A few of the media outlets, were reporting that the court documents show that Holt was obsessed with WH. For example a local news radio station KXL reported:

"Court documents reveal that obsession led to the murder of a Gresham woman"

http://www.kxl.com/10/23/12/Holt-Wa...chel/landing.html?blockID=642129&feedID=10446

I have been looking through the court documents, and I can not find specific evidence of an ongoing obsession with WH. I see JH as an individual who falls more into committing crimes of opportunity, based on his anger and impulse. August 2011, JH commits a felony theft of an automobile, a day after an argument with his wife, about not being employed. IMO, Stealing the car was a crime of opportunity, and stolen because of his anger toward his wife.

October 16th, 2012 - AH mentions in the court documents that she called AT&T and it showed both DATA used and a Phone call made at 7am(Page 31 of 44). Later the records show the call was made at 6:08am to WH's work. Did JH have to use DATA on the phone to Google the Starbuck's phone number? Did JH know WH's work schedule or even when Starbucks opens? Did JH know WH's cell phone number, even though he went to church occasionally and his wife took care of their apartment in August? IMO, it looks as if JH tried to walk to MAX and he came back to the apartments. He tried to Google Starbuck's phone number with the DATA USAGE, and then called once he found the number to ask for a ride. If JH was obsessed with WH, wouldn't he have stalked her and at least have known the basic things like her phone numbers, and what time she goes to work? JH had since after August, when he became unemployed and went digging around in the Heichel's dresser, to watch and stalk WH. This is why I am still leaning toward the Anger-Retaliatory Rapist profile. The court documents show that there had been some recent deep conflict between AH and JH, and that they were going through some hard times. JH's motorcycle wasn't working and he probably didn't want to ask his wife a second day for her car, due to a previous nights conflict. He showed signs of trying to contact WH, but it doesn't look like it was in a preplanned way. If it was preplanned and he had an obsession, he would have had more details about her patterns and information. That day, he probably asked WH for the ride (news clips show she was parked on the street), and the anger took over from there once they were out of their neighborhood. It seems like JH took the opportunity to vent his anger on a substitute victim, which happened to be WH. We are limited on information, to what really occurred during that timeline.

In the court documents, I can not find the obsession part, other than his probable obsession with child *advertiser censored* and massive storage evidence. It doesn't mention any photos of WH in his wallet or on his computers. The court documents do not mention photos of WH on his external hard drives. There was no mention of frequent calls or texts, or even any contact between JH and WH before this day. There wasn't even a mention of a stash of WH's underwear in JH's apartment, which would have put the media into a frenzy. The media likes to link obsessions with the killings; which reminds me of the Brooke Wilberger case many years ago. During the Brooke Wilberger case, everyone was certain that Sung Koo Kim had killed her because he had stolen over 3,000 pairs of panties and dryer lint from around different campuses (including OSU), and also possessed child *advertiser censored*. Sung Koo Kim would tag what he stole with the date and time. One of the things that made authorities take a closer look at Mr. Kim, was because he had stolen panties from a lady, who happened to look similar to Brooke Wilberger. This was a documented case of a fetish obsession, minus the act of murder. Sung Koo Kim was still sentenced to 11 years in prison for his crimes, including burglary.

http://www.dailybarometer.com/news/panty-thief-wrongfully-accused-1.2379330

The murderer turned out to be Joel Courtney of New Mexico, who fell into the small percentage of rapist murderers, who didn't actually know his victim. Brooke Wilberger's body wasn't found until over 5 years later, during a plea bargain.

Murder of Brooke Wilberger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As far as JH frequenting WH's Starbucks, I would have to say that I haven't seen too many motorcycles use that drive-thru. That Starbucks does have some indoor seating, I believe, but WH would have probably told her husband if JH frequented that coffee shop. Most people who want to sit down and have a coffee, go one block South toward Powell Blvd and frequent that Starbucks. It is an all indoor coffee shop, with a bit more space to sit down in and meet up with people.

I am curious to find out if they do have actual evidence, other than KGW's source, pointing to JH's obsession of WH.

Thank you, Sasquatch. *smiles* I was so dialed in on the ARR profile that I didn't take into account the statistics for rapists in general. I know it is far more likely there is a connection in this kind of assualt between the assailant and the victim, but I was curious as to this type of rapist in particular. Thinking of it after your post, I'm more inclined to assume the statistics may not change much, but we may end up being surprised.

You are welcome! Thank you! I am very interested in finding out the Anger-Retaliatory Rapist stats as well! I will post them here, when I find them!

Just some general thoughts after reading back a few pages.

I've never felt like JH was obsessed with WH. I think she was an easy convenient target that morning.

I think JH may have caught LE's eye if the Judd's were on their way back to the search base when they picked him up. LE may have innocently talked to him when he arrived back with Judd's at the command center. Once he launched into his ridiculous mugging story, they became suspicious.

I am about 50/50 on the possibility of an obsession with WH. I wondered, too, about the data usage on his phone.

Maybe he was looking at his wife's (or WH's) FB page and some interaction in one of the two set him off that morning.

Just thoughts I had this morning. . .

Just some general thoughts after reading back a few pages.

I've never felt like JH was obsessed with WH. I think she was an easy convenient target that morning.

I think JH may have caught LE's eye if the Judd's were on their way back to the search base when they picked him up. LE may have innocently talked to him when he arrived back with Judd's at the command center. Once he launched into his ridiculous mugging story, they became suspicious.

The pdf says on page 28 that the Judds were on their way home after searching that day. That's not to say they didn't change their plans after he was with them, but the way I read it they spent quite a bit of time getting him to even accept the ride and then they took him home.

A few of the media outlets, were reporting that the court documents show that Holt was obsessed with WH. For example a local news radio station KXL reported:

"Court documents reveal that obsession led to the murder of a Gresham woman"

http://www.kxl.com/10/23/12/Holt-Was-Obsessed-with-Whitney-Heichel/landing.html?blockID=642129&feedID=10446

I have been looking through the court documents, and I can not find specific evidence of an ongoing obsession with WH. I see JH as an individual who falls more into committing crimes of opportunity, based on his anger and impulse. August 2011, JH commits a felony theft of an automobile, a day after an argument with his wife, about not being employed. IMO, Stealing the car was a crime of opportunity, and stolen because of his anger toward his wife.

October 16th, 2012 - AH mentions in the court documents that she called AT&T and it showed both DATA used and a Phone call made at 7am(Page 31 of 44). Later the records show the call was made at 6:08am to WH's work. Did JH have to use DATA on the phone to Google the Starbuck's phone number? Did JH know WH's work schedule or even when Starbucks opens? Did JH know WH's cell phone number, even though he went to church occasionally and his wife took care of their apartment in August? IMO, it looks as if JH tried to walk to MAX and he came back to the apartments. He tried to Google Starbuck's phone number with the DATA USAGE, and then called once he found the number to ask for a ride. If JH was obsessed with WH, wouldn't he have stalked her and at least have known the basic things like her phone numbers, and what time she goes to work? JH had since after August, when he became unemployed and went digging around in the Heichel's dresser, to watch and stalk WH. This is why I am still leaning toward the Anger-Retaliatory Rapist profile. The court documents show that there had been some recent deep conflict between AH and JH, and that they were going through some hard times. JH's motorcycle wasn't working and he probably didn't want to ask his wife a second day for her car, due to a previous nights conflict. He showed signs of trying to contact WH, but it doesn't look like it was in a preplanned way. If it was preplanned and he had an obsession, he would have had more details about her patterns and information. That day, he probably asked WH for the ride (news clips show she was parked on the street), and the anger took over from there once they were out of their neighborhood. It seems like JH took the opportunity to vent his anger on a substitute victim, which happened to be WH. We are limited on information, to what really occurred during that timeline.

In the court documents, I can not find the obsession part, other than his probable obsession with child *advertiser censored* and massive storage evidence. It doesn't mention any photos of WH in his wallet or on his computers. The court documents do not mention photos of WH on his external hard drives. There was no mention of frequent calls or texts, or even any contact between JH and WH before this day. There wasn't even a mention of a stash of WH's underwear in JH's apartment, which would have put the media into a frenzy. The media likes to link obsessions with the killings; which reminds me of the Brooke Wilberger case many years ago. During the Brooke Wilberger case, everyone was certain that Sung Koo Kim had killed her because he had stolen over 3,000 pairs of panties and dryer lint from around different campuses (including OSU), and also possessed child *advertiser censored*. Sung Koo Kim would tag what he stole with the date and time. One of the things that made authorities take a closer look at Mr. Kim, was because he had stolen panties from a lady, who happened to look similar to Brooke Wilberger. This was a documented case of a fetish obsession, minus the act of murder. Sung Koo Kim was still sentenced to 11 years in prison for his crimes, including burglary.

http://www.dailybarometer.com/news/panty-thief-wrongfully-accused-1.2379330

The murderer turned out to be Joel Courtney of New Mexico, who fell into the small percentage of rapist murderers, who didn't actually know his victim. Brooke Wilberger's body wasn't found until over 5 years later, during a plea bargain.

Murder of Brooke Wilberger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As far as JH frequenting WH's Starbucks, I would have to say that I haven't seen too many motorcycles use that drive-thru. That Starbucks does have some indoor seating, I believe, but WH would have probably told her husband if JH frequented that coffee shop. Most people who want to sit down and have a coffee, go one block South toward Powell Blvd and frequent that Starbucks. It is an all indoor coffee shop, with a bit more space to sit down in and meet up with people.

I am curious to find out if they do have actual evidence, other than KGW's source, pointing to JH's obsession of WH.

I find your post so relevant that I cannot bear to snip anything so I just bolded a few parts. I know what you mean about re reading the PDF and trying to "read" between the lines and find some sign of obsession and I cant find it. The only thing that might provide a clue may be that safe. It was included in the search warrant for a reason.

I wonder what JH said in his interview that made them decide they wanted that safe? Amber told them it was "unlocked" and contained her passport. This was her statement the day after LE executed the search warrant and took the safe while she was at work. The PDF also mentions her giving LE a "key" that sounds like it is the key to the safe. So does that mean the safe was locked when LE took it? Had it been locked for some duration and Amber just didnt realize it? But on the other hand, if JH had something incriminating in the safe, why would he not hide the key from Amber?

My thought is JH said something in the interview that made LE include the safe in their search warrant. I would guess it was some *advertiser censored* related evidence at this point.

I do wonder how many times he went in their apartment. I wonder why Clint Heichel stated they got their key back within a day or so of returning from vacation. What did LE ask him that prompted that statement? We know JH took the phone, I am guessing he was there without Amber even though she said she was there to water the plants also. There would have been pictures of Whitney on that phone most likely. It would be very helpful if we knew if he left them on the phone after he took it. The police have the phone so they know that answer. Maybe that is why there is the circulating thought of "obsession"?

I agree with you that there is very little evidence to back up his supposed "obsession".

I think JH was obsessed with WH. I think he was watching her and wanting her. I think he planned how he was going to get a ride from her with the intention of at the very least sexually assaulting her. Once he did that he likely knew he had no other choice but to kill her or face being caught.

I don't think JH woke up that morning and just decided "this is a good day to kidnap someone" or his bike broke down and just happened to get a ride from her and it escalated from there. Did he always carry a gun?

I wouldn't be surprised if JH might have even stolen some of WH's personal items (panties, bra, ect.) when he took the cell phone from the dresser draw while JH and his wife were house sitting for WH. He might have hid these items somewhere still unknown just like he tried to hide all the other items or LE might have just thought they were JH's wife's items while conducting the search warrant on JH's apartment.

JMO

Please note: pure speculation follows . . .

Suppose JH and AH argued on Mon evening, as has been speculated here, and the topic of motorcycle/car use was included such as AH was pissy about JH wanting to use AH’s car again and the inconvenience to her and to whoever drove her to work on Mon. Ultimately AH said no, you can’t use my car - JH heard NO. With JH’s motorcycle not working or working sporadically, it was clear JH needed to come up with an alternative to get to work on Tues. JH decided, if he couldn’t get his motorcycle started, he would ask WH for a ride because he, for whatever reason, knew AH worked early at Starbucks. JH thought WH was still expected at work at 6am as was JH so he planned to ask her for a ride to the public transportation system as it was probably on her way.

Next morning, that fateful Tuesday, JH tried and tried but his motorcycle frustratingly wouldn’t start. JH left his motorcycle parked in the unusual spot where it was later seen by AH.

5:30 – 5:45am, JH was out waiting for WH to emerge from her apartment to drive to work. Waiting, waiting, waiting, JH was now frustrated about the motorcycle not starting, ruminating over the argument with AH of the previous evening and still angry about it and still angry at AH for not letting him use her car. 6:00am rolls around and still no WH – he very agitatedly began to think: what’s going on; what’s taking her so long; is she taking the day off; where is she. JH decided to call Starbucks, which he did at 6:08am, to see if she was already there and when they responded no - JH heard NO, the person at Starbucks may have added that she was expected at 7:00am.

Now still angry from the fight with AH, JH became angry with WH because he began to think she was causing him to be really late for his still new job.

When WH finally emerged from her apartment around 6:45am, JH was fit to be tied but tried to project a cool outer demeanor. WH agreed to drive him to public transportation as it was on her way and they both jumped into her car and were off. While in the car, perhaps JH asked WH if he could borrow her car for the day because he was now really late for work and he had only been employed there for one week and he was worried about being fired. To this she politely said no - JH heardNO. JH was no longer able to contain his swallowed frustration/anger and pulled out his gun to control her.

Now … whether or not WH was an intended target for the day, who knows. What does concern me is that he was carrying a loaded gun/s in his backpack. Did he have plans for some destruction elsewhere?

I do tend to think that if JH had an obsession with WH, it is connected to his child *advertiser censored* tendencies. Her innocent, child-like features, I feel, would appeal to him. :furious:

JMO

Per Kodi's post, here is a draft post I'd saved to my email back when the "gang murder" theory was being proffered.

:seeya:

--

How many times have we seen the classic case of a child (usually a female) targeted, abducted, sexually assaulted, and murdered by a neighbor (usually a male)?

Just a partial list:

Maddie Clifton
Jessica Lunsford
Megan Kanka
Somer Thompson
Jonathan Foster
Sandra Cantu
Breann Rodriguez
Aliahna Lemmon
Maria Ridulph (cold case solved)
Jersey Bridgeman (current Ark. case)

All went missing. All were found.
All had been abducted and killed by a neighbor.

Difference: Abducted children don't usually drive cars. The perp often uses his(/her) own vehicle to evade notice/capture, and to transport or dispose of the victim. However, in this case the perp (Holt) was without transportation, so the carjacking bit became a crucial element of the abduction of Whitney. After murdering her, he had to get rid of not only the body, but also the vehicle.

It has been pointed out here that Whitney was physically small/petite in size. A baby face; cute, fun-loving, a little ball of fire, innocent, sweet. She was IOW endearingly child-like in appearance and manner, helpful but also obedient and a little vulnerable. I mean, a kind-hearted neighbor stepped in to 'rescue' Whitney by parking her car for her the day before she disappeared. She had trouble parking her own vehicle.

abc_gma_whitney_121022_wg.jpg

Shortly after they met, Clint rescued her by taking her to fill a gas can when she stranded herself by running out of gas in her car.
http://portlandtribune.com/pt/9-news/122908-whitneys-voice-still-speaks-to-family-

00003434987044.jpg

IMO the "disturbed neighbor-obsessively-targeting-convenient-vulnerable-victim" type of crime could be argued to fit this case far better than a gang-related crime, particularly taking into account Holt appears to have been heavily engaged in child *advertiser censored*.

JMO

http://a.abcnews.go.com/images/GMA/abc_gma_whitney_121022_wg.jpg
http://portlandtribune.com/pt/9-news/122908-whitneys-voice-still-speaks-to-family-

JH's phone call to Starbucks that morning is puzzling. I wonder if anyone answered the phone and if that person was interviewed. I think the phone call goes a long way to connect JH to what he had "planned" to do with WH that day. Why would someone call Starbucks at 6 in the morning? Did he call to make sure she was working that morning so he wasn't waiting outside for her if she wasn't scheduled to go to work? (HI is Whitney there? No she doesn't come in until 7)

I don't know if it was ever revealed where JH's father lived but if I remember correctly both JH and his father worked at the same vending company. I would think the more likely scenario for someone who works with their father and their mode of transportation is broken (if it was) is to call their father first and see if they could get a ride. I bet there's no record of JH calling his father that morning.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member