Oscar Pistorius Defense

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.hare.org/

Robert Hare was named to the Order of Canada, one of Canada's highest civilian honours. The Order of Canada recognizes a lifetime of achievement and contribution to society, and was presented by the Governor General of Canada.

Dr. Hare's Without Conscience, published by Psychology Today

What I have read about psychopaths/soziopaths (Dr. Hare) unfortunately is in German speech, so I don't need to quote.

Another question... "but before I go there (Nel)" let me "put it to you (Roux)" that the 6-part series "Fury in your words: Oscar, Reeva and Intimate Partner Violence mentioned above is brilliant. "Your voice is very low. (Masipa)" Sorry, M'lady, I said it's BRILLIANT!! Insightful... WELL-worth a read!!

A GREAT reference/source in the series above: Open letter to Henke Pistorius. Ben Trovato, “The Whipping Boy”, 12 March 2013. http://bentrovatowhippingboy.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/an-open-letter-to-henke-pistorius-father-to-oscar-defender-of-the-faithless/

Whoa, that Henke is really something else.

Here's my question: Was the .38 ammunition in the safe actually Oscar's or Henke's?
Henke has refused to recognize the ammunition as his. That says all, IMO.
Thanks for the link "Open letter", delicious!

I can understand why Oscar might be anxious. What if the judge is an ANC man? There are a lot of them about these days. He might get life just for babysitting your .38-caliber ammunition. I suppose with all those guns, you wouldn’t have room in your house for the bullets as well. You should build a granny cottage.

So beautifully expressed, haha.

I also have a suspicion that the fan (yes, only one fan - on the balcony) is also involved here somehow. As in, he drifted off after asking her to bring it in. She was still up and hadn't done it yet when he was arose fter only a few minutes dozing, and at some point used that as an excuse /another excuse to find fault with her/ yell at her.

Just a comment on this one point. I think if this had anything to do with it, she would have to have been asleep when he woke up and found the balcony door open. If he had asked her to bring in the fan and close the door before she went to sleep, he'd have had no reason to kick off about it if she was still sitting up awake. My feeling is that the row was sparked off by something more personal.

I agree with much of what 4MrsB says, but to take a couple of points:

RS made an attempt to get dressed so she could leave. Her bag and all it's items were so tidy & neat. This is not a person who would leave jeans on the floor with the pant legs partially turned inside out, and tossed on the floor between foot of bed & stereo & balcony. No way. She seemed liked she bent over backwards walking on eggshells during this relationship with OP. making sure he was happy, pleasing him, not confrontational, and very thoughtful. Based on this insight - no way would she throw her pants on the floor, half inside out. And the rest of her items folded neatly and placed all together on couch in her bag. I absolutely do not buy that. My guess is they got yanked out of her hand while she was getting them & telling OP she was going to leave.

I'm not convinced the jeans are significant. Reeva's bag was packed because she had intended to go home earlier that day, and she probably didn't unpack it again except for her toiletries bag. I don't know if she was the type to leave clothes on the floor or not, you can be neat when packing a bag yet not so fussy when getting undressed or changing.

There are so many unaccounted for "strange" out of the norm issues that the defense & state just seem to gloss over....broken tiles, holes in bedroom door, Frank in house while argument happening & outside & dressed when everyone arriving. If he didn't hear anything, why was he up, outside & dressed before police get there? Just so weird that this fact is not touched on, . . . by anyone.

It doesn't surprise me at all that these things haven't been addressed. You cannot afford to bring things up in court if you are not confident that the answers will enhance your case. Challenge OP about the hole in the bedroom door, and he would likely say that it happened weeks before. Better to leave it as a question in the judge's mind.

As for Frank, it seems that neither the prosecution nor the defence can risk calling him as he could damage the case either way. No one can be sure what he did or didn't hear or see, and what he might come out with in court. They doubtless see him as a loose cannon.

The article is in People magazine, it refers to Reeva as a "supermodel" and neglects to reflect on the fact that they were dating a couple of months, not a couple of years. I think even the most outrageous psycho, putting aside serial killers, usually need a little bit more time to work themselves up to murder -- even if they're otherwise prone to shouting a lot and not liking it when other men leer at their date. On the other hand, the whole point of FMH magazine is leering, so he should have expected it.

jmo

IMO the murder of Reeva Steenkamp by Oscar Pistorius was about much more than him shouting at her and men leering at her.

IMO If it was that simple, OP would not be undergoing a full psych evaluation right now and the trial would be well over by now.

All My Own Opinion

Hello, all! Jumping in with a few questions/comments, myself:

1. ( I were Masipa, the first thing I would want to do it take a field trip to his house and get a 1st-hand idea of the space in which this all happened. A to-scale toilet area isn't enough. If I were Masipa, would I have the option of going there?

RSBM

I don't think that even an option. The house was sold a month ago.

I hadn't heard that it was sold. I wonder if Barry Roux had a lien on it? :floorlaugh:

That's really funny! Actually, it was bought by the social worker who testified on his behalf. (Just kidding ...I think.)

I wonder if OP even had any deep feelings for reeva, maybe the first 6 days after he met her, and before she went on the tropical island competiotion. She seemed to get in the way of his training, and he hated that she was a successful bikini model. That must have irked him no end. And to have other men staring at her and she paying attention to male friends, his irritation must have increased. He never even brought a card for valentines, so it shows how the relationship was not the important to him. the *advertiser censored* in the email is something he did only because she xxxhim all the time. In court he read out this emails like those *advertiser censored* meant something to him, kiss,kiss,kiss, but all they were were x's on a keyboard. I think she was much more into him than he was to her.she was struggling financially and I suppose he seemed like a good match for her, and she fell for his charms. Little did she know those charms were just a thin veneer covering the real OP

the *advertiser censored* in the email is something he did only because she xxxhim all the time. In court he read out this emails like those *advertiser censored* meant something to him, kiss,kiss,kiss, but all they were were x's on a keyboard.

.. yes, and nowadays quite a lot of people who use social media put x's at the end of everything they type (I personally hate it because it's so meaningless).

Well for arguments sake your comment that 'usually need a little bit more time to work themselves up to murder ' is outrageous. I could find you 100's of cases where a man has killed his gf after a shorter relationship than OP and Reevas, even murdered after a few dates! :facepalm: Do you read the news everyday in your country and abroad?
As if murderers work by some formula where they need 'extra' time to work themselves up to killing someone :rolleyes:

I'm sure if there was some sort of pattern whereby murderers never killed their g/friends before a period of *advertiser censored* months had passed by, we'd have heard about it by now!

Anyone else just catch Nancy Grace on The View discussing the case? She said the defense requested the psych eval because he wants to plead insanity. Good grief. :doh:

Anyone else just catch Nancy Grace on The View discussing the case? She said the defense requested the psych eval because he wants to plead insanity. Good grief. :doh:

Now I am recognizing: that's Oscar's "joke" ......

I've not been keeping up with this trial or Arias....what is the latest? Anyone know?

Yes, I did happen to catch that...although it was brief. Seems like The View had her really rushing, due to time constraints (and all the different recent murders/topics she was asked to cover). However...with Nancy Grace (not just based on this one appearance on The View, but based on her weekly show) she just gives me the impression she hardly digs into the facts of these cases she discusses short of 30 min before airing...she relies on her hard working crew to know all the facts and details. She is always stating things that are so incorrect, it's like she doesn't even know the real details. At least that's the impression I always get. Ex...on The View this morning, she implied "defense" wanted this recent evaluation and it was due to all the crying, vomiting and drama OP had displayed on the stand & throughout the trial. I wonder if she is even aware of how hard defense fought to stop the evaluation, and that it was the prosecutor who requested it be done. That it is has to do with GAD (heightening his fear of intruders) after testimony from a defense witness. Not due to his drama in the courtroom like she suggested. She (Nancy Grace) is fortunate to have such a hard working crew with all the facts that help save her, mid-broadcast. She does however think fast on her feet - and holds her own with all the defense guests.

My apologies for my post becoming a little off topic. (And for all the Nancy Grace lovers...sorry, she is a very smart women who thinks quick on her feet and knows the law very well.)

Who proofed this article, I wonder?

"She had been dating Oscar Pistorius for just a few short months when he died"

Probably nobody... but then that is to be expected from a pure and unabashed tabloid like The Mirror. To clarify:

Courtesy Wikipedia
UK newspapers can be split into more serious-minded newspapers, usually referred to as the broadsheets due to their large size, and sometimes known collectively as "the quality press", and less serious newspapers, generally known as tabloids, and collectively as "the popular press", which have tended to focus more on celebrity coverage and human interest stories rather than political reporting or overseas news. The tabloids in turn have been divided into the more sensationalist mass market titles, or "red tops", such as The Sun and The Mirror, and the middle-market papers, The Daily Express and The Daily Mail.

From my perspective The Mirror's one and only saving grace is that it is port side but in respect of relying on it for unbiased or even minimally factual or accurate reporting, I for one would sooner rely on my dog!

Good grief is right. She is way out of her league to comment on this trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay