Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 6.13.2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aislinn Laing ‏@Simmoa
As he leaves court,a weeping Pistorius goes over to speak to June Steenkamp.He seems to get short shrift and stumbles away,his face crumpled

I would hazard a guess that Pistorius's current psychological trauma is entirely due to being one of the most hated men on the planet, and virtually nothing to do with guilt over murdering Reeva.

What a piece of work.

I would hazard a guess that Pistorius's current psychological trauma is entirely due to being one of the most hated men on the planet, and virtually nothing to do with guilt over murdering Reeva.

What a piece of work.

I agree. His life is in tatters and his "public" no longer adore him. I wouldn't be surprised if he still secretly blames Reeva for making him so angry that he murdered her and thus ruined his own previously charmed life.

Ugh. Re:the Sholtz (sp?) the head of Weskpoppies psych, remember I had a huge problems with the way he wrote and appeared to interpret his original report...and as the HOD of a department of Weskoppies, I am deeply concerned about their level of societal competence on any domestic or interpersonal violence issues. Not about this case only but all is SA, Pretoria related cases!
And that's probably one of many contributing factors to the high level of intimate partner violence in SA. I am still just totally disgusted with this case.

Minimising violence (um...he fired a gun next to a kid!).
Dehumanising Reeva. She became a pretty, and obviously disposable, face. Never mind her hopes and dreams for her future - or the family and friends that adored her.
Defence Team's smarminess.
'Expert' witnesses bound and determined to defy gravity to 'prove' OP didn't mean to do what he did and if he did mean to, well, he's been so negatively affected by his own actions he doesn't deserve further punishment.
After fighting years to be seen as capable-bodied, he chose to hide behind his disability to incur sympathy. Utterly revolting says the wife of someone disabled. ;)
Millions of people are affected daily by anxiety and depression yet millions do NOT use their challenges to escape responsibility for their choices.

And yep, Pistorius screaming like a girl still gets my goat too!

June needs a restraining order. How dare he approach her. :furious:

Scholtz is another Dixon basically

As well as a psych

For today he will wear the hats of
- a criminologist
- a probation expert
- a social worker
- a hagiographer
- a charity auditor
- PR professional

Oh how I've missed Gerrie Nel {swooning} :blushing:

BTW, hi everyone, it has been a while

here we go again, same BS as the trial

Scholtz did not discuss the actual crime with OP!

ha

Scholtz: "OP accepts he took her life"

Nel has skewered him re lavk of acknowl of remorse

I would like to know how familiar Scholtz is with being an expert witness.

So he still has anger management issues, despite doing courses.

He had his private psychologist visit him in hospital who is also a direct family member. Scholtz knows nothing of this.

Nel quickly gets Scholtz to acknowledge that the finding of the Appeal Court is paramount. That Scholtz has focussed on remorse rather than look carefully at aspects of Pistorius' behaviour since the earlier sentence, and his report is subjective.

For some reason I thought this was just going to be a statement of how long he was going to get! I hope he gets the max he deserves it for all his self pitying defense strategy I think the entire world is sick of.

Scholtz says OP has taken responsibility for his actions, i.e. he killed Reeva, he took her life. OP told Schultz that he didn't know it was Reeva behind the door ... STILL.

Nel cross

on the deterioration:
Nel -medication - have you had access to it Prof S ?
S- No scholtz cannot confirm what he took , OP only told him what he took in the last 2 years.
Nel -Do u know about the dosage,
S- No
Nel - whether he would increased dosage?
S- No

Nel -Nel -have you had access to OP in prison, his temper tantrums in January, presume jan 2015, ( my feed keeps dropping out?)
S- No

Nel - Outburst in prison with Shabane ( a prison nurse?) where OP approached her, Shaking, banged the table. Do you now about that?
S- No

Nel - This morn OP Walked past all the CS but wouldn't shake Shabane's hand. Do you now about that?
S- No

In prison
OP allowed to see psychologist Eunice van Van Wyk
Nel -Do you know about his prison access to his private doctor?
S- No
Nel -Yet you know his stumps were infected. So who told you?
S-He did .
Nel -So you just accepted it?

Forgiveness of Steenkamps.
Nel -How do you know that they forgave
S-I have the old letter they wrote
Nel -Did you know RS mum wrote the book
S-Which book
Nel -Theres only one book
S-No I don't know it, never read it.
Nel -Look at page 30 of that book it deals with forgiveness. Nel explains the distinction of forgiving, for June's own survival

OP has taken responsibility
(my feed keeps dropping out)
Missed something re Intention.

S- OP told me - I took her life, It was wrong, i killed her, I didn't know it was her behind the door.
Nel - Ah - but you said you never discussed the event with him
S- I only discussed the judgement ( How green are we? Scholtz has been told not to consult on this matter, has been given his limits.)

Feel sorry for Nel, All this cross is on the fly due to the late submission.

can't do any more feed keeps dropping out

So Scholtz has made an assessment of Pistorius without considering whether shooting was intentional or not i.e. motivation for whoever was behind the door. I think he should refund his fee.

Does anyone know how Masipa dealt with Roux's objection on intention wording by Nel?

It completely dropped out, I was interested as obviously it goes to her competence etc. Has she changed? Nel wasn't going to back down and then my feed went.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24