Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 7.6.2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So she believes mitigation outweighs aggravation.

*slides in late* ...

just in time to hear Masipa say she must take into consideration the fact that witnesses heard an argument before the shots.. well. that's a nice change.

I am so angry guys, so angry. I just don't get it. Where is commonsense. I have no faith in her.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Now justifying her pending leniency towards OP.

OMG - she cannot over estimate how tough it is for someone like OP to face the victims.
All her reasoning is specious, once more

Darning needles are being inserted into the heart of my voodoo doll.

Public indignation must be tested under cross examination...it is the duty of the court to correct it...

She is justifying her lighter sentence now. Will be surprising if with time served and good behavior if he gets more than 5 years

I'm waiting for her to say Oscar shouldn't be punished twice...

*slides in late* ...

just in time to hear Masipa say she must take into consideration the fact that witnesses heard an argument before the shots.. well. that's a nice change.

NOPE....wait and see, that is not exactly what she concluded...

The court cannot allow itself to be diverted by public opinion

Public opinion , in itself no substitute for duty of the Court
and can play no role in procedure of the Court

" Public opinion can have no impact upon this court..."

Our courts are courts of law not courts of public opinion

no and they are not bastions of logic and reason are they.

Thanks for posting all, finally got back, watching the livelink!

- As others said it was fascinating to see Scholz as a defense witness and it absolutely clarified he's the Dixon of the South African psychology. His report was full of logical fallacies - like implying religious upbringing reveals an upright character, that only interviewing babyshoes interview showed Pistorius could never be violent towards his partners and that interviews with his elite prep shcool headmaster is highly relevant to an psychological analysis. I want to go on and on about how problematic was his report...

- Masipa is the Brock Turner judge. Its all confirmation bias and over identification with the convict with zero regard to the victim.

- Masipa can barely read her own judgement, Like that bizarre social worker, its embarressing for the SA legal system. She's justifying herself so much I'm cringing for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper