Othram - General Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was interesting the way David Mittelman phrased it at the end of his opening remarks at the Tuesday presser: "We exclusively focus on this one problem of how to extract information that can help law enforcement identify suspects, or in this case victims, from crime scenes."

The ordering stood out there. The first call went toward suspects. To this point we think of Othram as identifying Does. But it's been obvious to me in recent months that Othram can be invaluable to law enforcement in solving criminal cases with problematic DNA. No other firm can do so much with so little. That's why I've mentioned a couple of high profile cases in this thread in recent months. David concedes he's somewhat one dimensional as a DNA guy. But he might not always follow specific criminal cases and grasp which ones are ripe for Othram's type of expertise.

I suspect we'll see more of a balance in coming months and years, Othram on stage and associated with criminal solves as much as Does. The presser included mention that they were holding a separate off-camera meeting on Wednesday to go over other cases and identify which ones were most viable toward this type of solve. They mentioned that David was going to stick around and attend.

No offense to Doe cases but you know darn well that if local law enforcement has a priority list those are going to be catching the bad guy.

I thought it was interesting the way David Mittelman phrased it at the end of his opening remarks at the Tuesday presser: "We exclusively focus on this one problem of how to extract information that can help law enforcement identify suspects, or in this case victims, from crime scenes."

The ordering stood out there. The first call went toward suspects. To this point we think of Othram as identifying Does. But it's been obvious to me in recent months that Othram can be invaluable to law enforcement in solving criminal cases with problematic DNA. No other firm can do so much with so little. That's why I've mentioned a couple of high profile cases in this thread in recent months. David concedes he's somewhat one dimensional as a DNA guy. But he might not always follow specific criminal cases and grasp which ones are ripe for Othram's type of expertise.

I suspect we'll see more of a balance in coming months and years, Othram on stage and associated with criminal solves as much as Does. The presser included mention that they were holding a separate off-camera meeting on Wednesday to go over other cases and identify which ones were most viable toward this type of solve. They mentioned that David was going to stick around and attend.

No offense to Doe cases but you know darn well that if local law enforcement has a priority list those are going to be catching the bad guy.
I imagine law enforcement want to regain the name and give the family closure just as much as catching the bad guy.

I don’t know Carla Davis but feel grateful that she provided her time and/or resources for Gary Simpson and his family. Yes! It is time for another.
We have a growing number of philanthropists, advocates, and just regular online folks supporting cases on DNASolves.com and we are very grateful. Not every agency has funding for this work, but there is always a family waiting for answers.

I really, really hope you can take on any of these following cases.

Dorothy Jane Scott
Eklutna Annie
Amber Hagerman
Rachael Runyan
JonBenét Ramsey
Oakland County Child Killer
Zodiac Killer
Doodler
Betty Binnicker and Mary Thames
Tammy Alexander
Sherri Jarvis

Last edited:
I really, really hope you can take on any of these following cases.

Dorothy Jane Scott
Eklutna Annie
Amber Hagerman
Rachael Runyan
JonBenét Ramsey
Oakland County Child Killer
Zodiac Killer
Doodler
Betty Binnicker and Mary Thames
Tammy Alexander
Sherri Jarvis
Good list!

I haven't proposed any cases in a while but this Georgia case has given me a windfall to do so.
Grady County John Doe (1983)
GA - GA - Cairo, Wht Male, 40-45, Camel Cigs, upper dentures, basketweave shoes, Grady County, Jul 1983
He is still not on NamUs to my knowledge so this case could easily slip under the radar. He was found in a city with a population under 10,000 in modern times so I imagine they might not have a big caseload like some of the major cities. I'm curious if he's Edward Dubbs.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
GBI made a public appeal last year for help with this case so they might be interested in having you help them with this one as well.

Last edited:
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Just as a reminder, if you want to keep up with what we are doing, realtime, feel free to visit our newsfeed. You can also sign up by email to get weekly updates directly to your inbox!

Stay tuned for more new cases, updates, and solve announcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina