P.I. Says He Videotaped Area Where Caylee Was Later Found

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
he certainly didn't make much effort to search the area, but let's keep the facts straight - it was a patrol deputy who went to the area, not a detective.

AND.....there was a large snake that caused the deputy to back off the area
iefaf6.jpg
I'd be scared too.

I have seen a couple of people point this out before, but I will say it again. A deputy responded to the call, not a detective. This is all in the dispatch records that were released. A detective did not go out to the site with the meter man, a deputy did. Did the deputy screw up - quite possibly - he certainly didn't make much effort to search the area, but let's keep the facts straight - it was a patrol deputy who went to the area, not a detective.

As I said, I'll hold to detective until LE confirms it's entire story. However, it is not going to make any significant difference. Someone in LE is going to be near vaporized on the witness stand.

I'd really like your input on this one.

Is it too far out there to imagine that a dark garbage bag might have appeared gray in August after being covered in silt and dirt, then dried out with a film of grit on it in August?

I'm probably way off, but I don't have any problem at all reconciling the different colours of the bag depending upon the most recent weather activities.

A film of silt could account for the 'gray' tone in August, which was later washed away in further floods/water recession?

I would assume that alot of things could change the color of the bag. One thing is for sure, MR said in August the bag was white.

They did not support anyone looking for a dead Caylee because they believed or wanted to believe she was alive.
Sorry, I will not believe they knew she was dead and left her there like garbage. Nope, not going to believe it.

From my experience [nothing like the A's],there are ways to compartmentalize horrible situations in your mind.This allows you to carry on and do what you need to get done every day.When that horrible part comes creeping up you stuff it back down.The A's stayed very busy fighting LE,fighting the media,fighting the public.The sightings,that were so obviously not Caylee kept them working on KC's behalf and allowed them to continue stuffing down what they knew to be true.
When you lose a child you can stay consumed with the agony or you can compartmentalize that grief in order to function for the rest of the family.The mind is an amazing thing.Survival is our first instinct.
The A's threw really good people under the bus.They have done things most compassionate people would not do.I believe they could leave Caylee out there to save the family.Yes I do.

I think we'll know a lot more in the next week about this alleged filming, about Kronk's experiences in tips and sightings (he is going public soon, he says) as well as possible obstruction charges against any of the Anthony family members. By next week, (hopefully) Caylee will be buried and then I think LE will be more likely to take further action it may have been considering over the past few months. I truly feel that in another week, many of our questions will be answered.

snipped
great post.
Kronk's attorney may advise against his coming forward now because of the PI story.

LP needs to go away. His story changes as much as KC's. He's on whatever side will get him more publicity. Sorry, but he is getting on my nerves. Now he's saying someone tipped off the Meter Reader. Good Lord.

Cannot stand LP!! He's an attention w_ _ _ e who is ticked because with all the bluster, he couldn't find Caylee.
Compare LP and TM-TM is a class act. Unfortunately,LP isn't.

I'm just REALLY having a hard time believing that her body was only a few feet from the road this whole entire time and took 6 months to find. With all the searches, etc. Just does not make any sense. There were thousands of people searching for her (and cadaver dogs)...kind of odd that that area was never searched...that close to their home and none of the thousands of searchers looked there? Come on...either there were searches conducted there and it was cleared, or no one thought to look in a wooded area close to the Anthony home (which is crazy). It was right next to the road for goodness' sake!!! How can that be missed for 6 months? It obviously wasn't under water for the entire 6 months or the meter reader wouldn't have claimed to see something there in August. Weren't there large searches going on in August? And no one looked there? It's all way too suspicious. In my opinion, everyone is a suspect. The meter reader claimed to have found something in August and reported it THREE times. THREE times...and law enforcement didn't find her??? She either wasn't there, or LE dropped the ball! I'm sorry, it just doesn't make any sense IMO.

I think we'll know a lot more in the next week about this alleged filming, about Kronk's experiences in tips and sightings (he is going public soon, he says) as well as possible obstruction charges against any of the Anthony family members. By next week, (hopefully) Caylee will be buried and then I think LE will be more likely to take further action it may have been considering over the past few months. I truly feel that in another week, many of our questions will be answered.

For now, this filming thing is very confusing b/c what we've heard so far is that Kronk called LE in August and got LE to look at the exact area where he saw a bag.** If Kronk pointed out the bag he saw to LE, then LE either: (1) looked inside the bag but nothing of interest was in that particular bag (i.e., the bag containing Caylee's remains was a different bag); or (2) looked in the direction of where Kronk said he saw a bag but decided not to go further b/c unlike Kronk, LE couldn't see any such bag (from a distance). Like I said, we'll probably get a better understanding of what went down with all this in the next week or so. I tend to think (1) above is more likely. It sounds to me that Kronk felt strongly that this area is where Caylee was buried and really really really wanted LE to be all over it. That I understand. Just like some WS'ers felt strongly about the area around an elementary school/church and in my own case, Greenwood Cemetery. So he could have been looking around there feeling a hunch that THIS WAS WHERE CAYLEE WAS BURIED (half of America felt strongly about where she might be) and phoned into LE whenever he saw something of interest in that area.

Regarding the videotaping.....if in fact a private investigator hired by Cindy and George Anthony videotaped the exact spot where Caylee was ultimately found in a bag and did that filming a month before she was found.....there will be problems for the defense as well as the Anthonys themselves. Not vice versa. Unless, of course, the video:

(1) provides viewers a clear view of the exact spot where the bag w/ Caylee's remains were found; and

(2) clearly shows that at the time of filming, this spot could NOT have had a bag with a small body in it tucked under the ivy.

But unless the video shows someone digging a bit in the area in question, it's probably just going to show a bunch of ivy and vegetation undisturbed. Vegetation that could have hidden a bag; a bag that was there at the time of the filming. When I bought my house (on a flat parcel, no less), much of the property was covered in groundcover ivy and ferns and such. When I pulled it up you can't believe the things I found in it. Lots of supermarket plastic bags, toys, even clothing. It had all been covered by the ivy. Ivy can be a foot or more deep and many yards long, yet the rooted suckers are a few feet apart - perfect to hide stuff in between the rooted suckers and under the ivy. Where there is ivy left as groundcover, there is almost always bags and other items trapped in there. Blown by the wind from places farther away (like neighboring home) or items intentially placed there.

As for Baez, his concern with the A/C privilege is interesting. Did Baez suggest to the PI the location of Caylee's remains? If not, did Casey? The attorney-client privilege "belongs to" the client and generally, the a/c privilege extends to communications by the attorney to third parties hired by the attorney (secretaries, paralegals, PIs) to assist the attorney with the case. What is protected? Communications reasonably related to proper representation of the client. Now, if Casey blabbed it to the PI or someone other than her own attorney, I'd have to dig a bit to see what happens to the privilege in that instance (i.e., whether she waived it. She might not have). As for the Anthonys....I think they probably had a hunch that this area could have held Caylee's remains. For heaven's sake, it's the closest wooded area to their house, they knew Casey hung out there all her life and may have even been aware she used it as a pet cemetary (or so we hear).The PI probably went out and looked at the area and when he told the Anthonys he found nothing, they were probably so surprised and told him to go tape around that area.

I can't wait to find out how this all comes together. But unless that video shows a CLEAR picture of the site where Caylee was found and that a body could NOT have been there at the time of filming, this is not a good development for the defense.

**According to WESH : "The calls-for-service details also indicate the arrival time of responding officers and the time at which they cleared the scene. According to the report, on Aug. 11 a deputy was on the scene for five minutes, on Aug. 12 for seven minutes and on Aug. 13 for 25 minutes."

TY, NJLawyer. That was a great addition.

I hope you don't mind, but your key points have been bolded.

Well stated, well analyzed and hopefully worthy of thought.

It seems to me that some are in scramble-mode and will do all they can to make 'documentation' fit their arguments. (Note, I DID NOT say, 'Their beliefs.')

TY!!!

I have been waiting for a chance to offer up my personal take on the many, many hours KC spent in JB's office while out on bail.

I think she spent her days hiding away from her parents, and watching soaps in JB's conference room. Probably 'Passions.' That is where she formulates her plot lines from, not One Tree Hill. All we're missing is the Midget.

(3, 2, 1, ... count down until someone implicates a height-challenged soul as an accomplice...)

I don't think she was watching soaps-

I agree with you but......they couldn't......they knew every move they made was being watched. It may be part of the reason they've acted as crazy as they have.

And this is why we now have a "daisy chain" to figure out! Everybody is suspicious!! But, they're all connected by this damn "daisy chain" that LP has thrown out here now. I haven't bought alot of his theories-but this one bears looking at!!
This is why KC and those who are involved with her are running for lawyers! There areway, way too many people involved in this! Too many crooks....you know this rest. This "daisy chain" is only as strong as its WEAKEST LINK! Wonder who that LINK is? Who's gonna crack first?:waitasec:

Patty, going back it appears that I listened to the links you posted tonight. It has been edited from when they were originally posted. At least Aug 12th was. That's the one I just listened to. I hate when they do that.

This is impeachment evidence. It will almost assuredly be used to impeach LE (August detective) and/or the meter man.

I guess they could try to use whatever they have...but, imo, it's grasping---really grasping.
I see a much stronger case in LE using it against the PI as impeachment evidence.
After all, unless the PI was "tipped off" about where the remains were, why would he have reason to film this area. AND, IF...big IF (IMO) he just happened to film this area, and missed the remains...why couldn't / wouldn't LE and / or Meter Reader miss them also?
LE was in the area after a reported tip...my bet is that the PI was in this area after a reported tip, albeit from a "family" source, as well.

I hope they do try to use it as impeachment evidence...my "gut" tells me that LE has much more credibility than anyone the A's would have hired!

Not only is there a zillion people that look guilty of something in this case it makes you wonder why so many, including Baez, would be involved in her crime, whether defending her, hiding evidence, obstructing justice. KC was a very low life. No one that anyone should want to help or defend. She stole from her friends, she seemed to very very promiscuous, she didn't work or do anything in her life, she abused her child. What about someone like this makes so many get involved with perhaps hiding what she did and defending her? I wouldn't go anywhere near her. Who bailed her out? Why?? Who is paying for the defense??? why??? This is the type of person that should rot in jail and be lucky to have a public defender. This whole thing just makes no sense whatsoever.

And this is why we now have a "daisy chain" to figure out! Everybody is suspicious!! But, they're all connected by this damn "daisy chain" that LP has thrown out here now. I haven't bought alot of his theories-but this one bears looking at!!
This is why KC and those who are involved with her are running for lawyers! There areway, way too many people involved in this! Too many crooks....you know this rest. This "daisy chain" is only as strong as its WEAKEST LINK! Wonder who that LINK is? Who's gonna crack first?:waitasec:

I'm just REALLY having a hard time believing that her body was only a few feet from the road this whole entire time and took 6 months to find. With all the searches, etc. Just does not make any sense. There were thousands of people searching for her (and cadaver dogs)...kind of odd that that area was never searched...that close to their home and none of the thousands of searchers looked there? Come on...either there were searches conducted there and it was cleared, or no one thought to look in a wooded area close to the Anthony home (which is crazy). It was right next to the road for goodness' sake!!! How can that be missed for 6 months? It obviously wasn't under water for the entire 6 months or the meter reader wouldn't have claimed to see something there in August. Weren't there large searches going on in August? And no one looked there? It's all way too suspicious. In my opinion, everyone is a suspect. The meter reader claimed to have found something in August and reported it THREE times. THREE times...and law enforcement didn't find her??? She either wasn't there, or LE dropped the ball! I'm sorry, it just doesn't make any sense IMO.

When she was found my first thought was exactly that "she was right off the road". But she was also very near the end of that fence and on the right end of where the woods started. Perhaps people dismissed that very beginning as not being a possibility (nobody would try and hide a body "in plain sight) and started further up - on the other side of that big tree. And I've searched and can't find anything showing that a search was ever done of this exact area - except for the meter readers calls. Had to be up under bushes and just not visible except from a certain angle.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: I can't clap loud enough! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I guess they could try to use whatever they have...but, imo, it's grasping---really grasping.
I see a much stronger case in LE using it against the PI as impeachment evidence.
After all, unless the PI was "tipped off" about where the remains were, why would he have reason to film this area. AND, IF...big IF (IMO) he just happened to film this area, and missed the remains...why couldn't / wouldn't LE and / or Meter Reader miss them also?
LE was in the area after a reported tip...my bet is that the PI was in this area after a reported tip, albeit from a "family" source, as well.

I hope they do try to use it as impeachment evidence...my "gut" tells me that LE has much more credibility than anyone the A's would have hired!

Here's a weird thought. What if the PI moved the body and then video taped and put it back? Hope he had gloves on if he did. If they had reason to look there, if they knew she was there - this is a possibility.

The meter reader claimed to have found something in August and reported it THREE times. THREE times...and law enforcement didn't find her??? She either wasn't there, or LE dropped the ball! I'm sorry, it just doesn't make any sense IMO.
I totally share your frustration. If I had known there was a wooded area up the street from the Anthonys where Casey routinely hung out and which she used as a pet cemetery? I swear I'd have been on a plane to Orlando and would have spent the entire month tearing up ivy and digging a few inches in every spot except for areas: (1) not covered by groundcover plants; and (2) up against trees that had deep roots. Did LE know she used the area as a pet cemetery? If so...Geez. It seems crazy that they didn't scour that area, water or no water. Still, while LE maybe *should* have searched the area better and if so, a juror's overall confidence in LE could be decreased, I still suspect we are gonna see a ton of physical evidence from the Anthony home and from the burial site itself. I hope so.

I would be so grateful if you could find the 8/12/08 phone call where Roy K says the color of the bag. This has bothered me since I first heard the phone call.

I'll look and hopefully what I listened to hasn't been edited as well. I do remember Kronk only said white, not gray or black.

Patty, going back it appears that I listened to the links you posted tonight. It has been edited from when they were originally posted. At least Aug 12th was. That's the one I just listened to. I hate when they do that.
These links do have Mr. Kronk saying White!

08-11-2008
said he saw something white
http://www.wftv.com/video/18347939/index.html

08-12-2008
mentiions board and something round and white
http://www.wftv.com/video/18348096/index.html

Not only is there a zillion people that look guilty of something in this case it makes you wonder why so many, including Baez, would be involved in her crime, whether defending her, hiding evidence, obstructing justice. KC was a very low life. No one that anyone should want to help or defend. She stole from her friends, she seemed to very very promiscuous, she didn't work or do anything in her life, she abused her child. What about someone like this makes so many get involved with perhaps hiding what she did and defending her? I wouldn't go anywhere near her. Who bailed her out? Why?? Who is paying for the defense??? why??? This is the type of person that should rot in jail and be lucky to have a public defender. This whole thing just makes no sense whatsoever.

I think before this is over, all these players will wish that they had never heard of KC or the Anthony's, certainly they will wish that they never got involved. KC is like the Hope Diamond-she brings tragedy to all who are exposed to her.:furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member