PA - Amtrak train from Washington crashes in Philadelphia, May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This incident has shades of Schettino - the Costa Concordia Captain who jumped ship when he knew the vessel was sinking. Bostian "doesn't remember" the train accident but had the wherewithal to grab his bag so he could get out of harm's way. :rolleyes:

About the missing.

I was watching a lot of the live footage when this happened.

I noticed for about an hour there were 3 or so guys looking under the 2nd or 3rd car in a certain spot with lights. They stayed there a very long time in that 1 spot. It was like they had found someone under the rail car. Which could make sense because the windows were on the ground because it was one of the cars on its side. Maybe there are some people still crushed under the cars on their side.

Maybe some will be found when they can turn the cars rightside up.

Sorry so gruesome but keep wondering where the missing are and coming up with ideas how to find them.

Just heard cadaver dog recovered one more but didn't hear who

Just heard cadaver dog recovered one more but didn't hear who

I heard similar report of someone else being found just now. I think they need to go back and carefully look through and UNDER the wreckage. And look for body parts + pieces.

Current press conference - Mayor is stating that the engineer was in the engine car, which derailed and tumbled numerous times before stopping. The engineer was injured and taken to the hospital.

There are 43 people still hospitalized.

One more body, total 8 dead, ALL 243 people accounted for - CNN summarizing Mayor news conference.

The ticker across the screen on MSNBC is also stating that The engineer changed his Facebook profile several hours after the crash.

So sad but happy (if that's the right word) that all have been found. Prayers to those who are critical they have a favorable recovery

A point I meant to make a little earlier is I believe that Amtrack may well have interjected an attorney in the mix with the engineer's attorney as well to control statements content being made. Afterall they are looking at a maximum (according to a report on CNN) of $200M in damages to passengers, not including staff. I'm sure they want to control what their employees may say to authorities and media.

JMO's

Just released...Mr. Gildersleeve identified as deceased found this morning.

Mayor saying all passengers accounted for...

The ticker across the screen on MSNBC is also stating that The engineer changed his Facebook profile several hours after the crash.

RSBM

Hardly the actions of a person who cannot remember there was a crash. :thinking:
Sounds like he was in cya mode.
Not getting a good impression of this engineer. :(
:moo:

Two things: 1. I think the man's name is Gildersleeve but 2. When I went to Huffington Post to check, it seems not to want to load. ?

Two things: 1. I think the man's name is Gildersleeve but 2. When I went to Huffington Post to check, it seems not to want to load. ?

You are correct...and I apologize for any disrespect to Mr. Gildersleeve. I have updated my post and thanks for the correction!

The young lady who was CEO of a company has been found too?

Rachael Jacobs, who lived in NYC and worked in Philadelphia, was located and identified last evening. She was originally from metro-Detroit, and I posted a couple of local articles yesterday.

RSBM

Hardly the actions of a person who cannot remember there was a crash. :thinking:
Sounds like he was in cya mode.
Not getting a good impression of this engineer. :(
:moo:

I don't know what else he might have changed...but I read/heard he changed his profile picture to solid black picture. Indicating mourning (my interpretation)

If that is his only change, I don't see an issue with it. It might seem weird to even think about that, but people expect updates on FB, Twitter, etc. It might have been the only way he could make a statement to his family/friends.

IMO of course...

Right now this looks like an accident caused by human failure. The kind that a Positive Train Control (PTC) system is designed to prevent.

After an accident in 2008, Congress mandated that all railroads install PTC by the end of this year. PTC is functional on part of the Amtrak NE corridor, but unfortunately not on this part of the line.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicawilliams0
Back