Deceased/Not Found PA - Anna Maciejewska, 43, Chester County, 10 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder about whether a search was conducted there because if Anna alone owned that condo then LE would be able to define a reasonable justification (which is the requirement for probable cause) to search that condo and no one could intervene to stop such a search. On the other hand, if her husband's name was on the condo then a search could be prevented. Knowing the ownership of the condo, legally (not based on what people think) would answer part of it. The conundrum would be if Anna was the sole owner and LE did not search the condo.

Which leads me to other questions while on the subject of the condo. What is the security situation at the condo? Is there key card or code punch door access? Are there surveillance cameras?

We have heard that her husband came to the condo on Wednesdays and took out trash ("like clockwork") so that means that on March 29th, April 5th, April 12th and April 19th would be the Wednesdays. Unless there is a misinterpretation and trash is picked up on Wednesdays during the day that the trash is actually put out on the Tuesday night before which moves each date back a day. March 29th is my focus date (and I suppose for others as well) since there is no known contact with Anna or can be verified to be Anna on or after this date.

When I think about what has been said about Anna's communications, change in plans on trip to Poland - almost as if she was winging it, and "negotiating" the deadline of goals that were due, days off, etc. It leads me to believe that something was already a big stress in her life outside of work and seemingly there was some amount of understanding of this by her employer. I suppose it could be attributed to her parents' health issues but my concern has been that something else was afoot within that household. What I am curious to know is when did that all start? Obviously, it was already in motion prior to her disappearance. I just get the impression that there was an additional cause of (dis)stress in the near-term prior to her disappearance.

Condo community not gated, not keyed/card entry. No major video surveillance. Idk any security patrol. Entry gained from roads along 3 sides. Collection of courts/villages of condos/townhomes.

Running with this theory and just looking at a map of the vicinity of Anna’s house and condo complex where the car was found, can anyone local describe what Marsh Creek is. Is it accessible, do they have walking trails there and also any idea if it is patrolled at night?

Very accessible. Patrolled by a team of rangers 24/7. Used by hunters and dog trainers as well as day hikers and fishermen. It is possible to dump remains there, but they would most likely be found rather quickly. Most actors are not willing to throw a 100lb+ body and digging tools over their shoulder and schlep it a mile or more into the woods where there are no trails or jeep roads. This is why most remains are found above ground or in shallow graves near a road or trail...or in the back yard under a new concrete pad or woodpile.

Very accessible. Patrolled by a team of rangers 24/7. Used by hunters and dog trainers as well as day hikers and fishermen. It is possible to dump remains there, but they would most likely be found rather quickly. Most actors are not willing to throw a 100lb+ body and digging tools over their shoulder and schlep it a mile or more into the woods where there are no trails or jeep roads. This is why most remains are found above ground or in shallow graves near a road or trail...or in the back yard under a new concrete pad or woodpile.
Thank you for the information. What if we aren’t talking about transporting a body but a drugged/sedated person who is then killed in the same place where the body is left?

Thank you for the information. What if we aren’t talking about transporting a body but a drugged/sedated person who is then killed in the same place where the body is left?

A drugged or sedated person would be almost as difficult considering vines, branches and undergrowth. You would be moving at a slow pace and would most likely be supporting a significant amount of the weight of the victim to prevent...or attempt to prevent them from falling. It would only take a couple of trips and falls to render the victim unable to continue.

If you want to try this out, pick a wooded area (now is a good time with no active undergrowth) and close your eyes. Have your assistant put one of your arms over their shoulder and have them try and guide you through the woods, off trail.

Trying to move a victim in this manner also has inherent risk of being discovered by a random patrol, hiker etc and drawing attention.

Not saying this is not what happened, just that it is not an easy task and has a high degree of discovery.

If we are looking at common methods of body disposal by a non-expert, dumping the body off the side of an unused road, in a lake or other waterway, shallow grave near an access point, in the garden, backyard, unused well or septic tank, under the new concrete pad or basement floor, even a construction site are pretty common. Dismembering and disposing body parts in the trash is another, however anyone who watches ID TV would know the risk of blood evidence. 11 trash bags...hmmm. That seems a bit much for normal household trash. Wonder what was in the bags. Once they are at the curb, they are no longer the individuals property and subject to search by pretty much anyone. Wonder if that ran up any red flags. I assume that if this behavior draws our attention, it would have done the same to LE.

Community Search and Vigil
This Sunday, March 25th* @ 1 P.M.

[Anna's Surname is Pronounced MOTTCH-ee-ESS-skuh]

https://www.facebook.com/events/1873004689423746/

*Over Ninety Interested

Staging Area Map:
https://listsofjohn.com/mapf?lat=40.0742&lon=-75.5365&z=18&t=h&d=y:

Staging Area GPS Coordinates:

N 40.0741° ::: W -075.5366°
N 40° 04.446' ::: W -075° 32.196'
N 40° 04' 26.76'' ::: W -075° 32' 11.76''
&
UTM: 18T 454245 E ::: 4436119 N

Finding Anna M:
https://www.facebook.com/FindingAnnaM/

Greater Philadelphia Search & Rescue:
http://www.gpsar.org/

18T = UTM Zone 18T
E = East / Easting
GPS = Global Position Satellite system
GPSAR = Greater Philadelphia Search & Rescue
IMO = In My Opinion
km = kilometer = 1,000 Meters / (0.62 Mile)
LE = Law Enforcement
LKL = Last Known Location
MSM = Main Stream Media
N = North / Northing
OMO = Only My Opinion
PERP = Perpetrator
PIO = Public Information Officer
POI = Person of Interest
PSP = Pennsylvania State Police
SAR = Search and Rescue
TOS = Terms of Service
UTM = Universal Transverse Mercator
W = West

[Post 5523
Thread 335715]

I wonder about whether a search was conducted there because if Anna alone owned that condo then LE would be able to define a reasonable justification (which is the requirement for probable cause) to search that condo and no one could intervene to stop such a search. On the other hand, if her husband's name was on the condo then a search could be prevented. Knowing the ownership of the condo, legally (not based on what people think) would answer part of it. The conundrum would be if Anna was the sole owner and LE did not search the condo.

Which leads me to other questions while on the subject of the condo. What is the security situation at the condo? Is there key card or code punch door access? Are there surveillance cameras?

We have heard that her husband came to the condo on Wednesdays and took out trash ("like clockwork") so that means that on March 29th, April 5th, April 12th and April 19th would be the Wednesdays. Unless there is a misinterpretation and trash is picked up on Wednesdays during the day that the trash is actually put out on the Tuesday night before which moves each date back a day. March 29th is my focus date (and I suppose for others as well) since there is no known contact with Anna or can be verified to be Anna on or after this date.

When I think about what has been said about Anna's communications, change in plans on trip to Poland - almost as if she was winging it, and "negotiating" the deadline of goals that were due, days off, etc. It leads me to believe that something was already a big stress in her life outside of work and seemingly there was some amount of understanding of this by her employer. I suppose it could be attributed to her parents' health issues but my concern has been that something else was afoot within that household. What I am curious to know is when did that all start? Obviously, it was already in motion prior to her disappearance. I just get the impression that there was an additional cause of (dis)stress in the near-term prior to her disappearance.

Real estate records are available online for free. Looks like the condo was only in Anna's name. I'm not sure, though, that that would allow LE access. Husband could also have a reasonable expectation of privacy at the condo.

A drugged or sedated person would be almost as difficult considering vines, branches and undergrowth. You would be moving at a slow pace and would most likely be supporting a significant amount of the weight of the victim to prevent...or attempt to prevent them from falling. It would only take a couple of trips and falls to render the victim unable to continue.

If you want to try this out, pick a wooded area (now is a good time with no active undergrowth) and close your eyes. Have your assistant put one of your arms over their shoulder and have them try and guide you through the woods, off trail.

Trying to move a victim in this manner also has inherent risk of being discovered by a random patrol, hiker etc and drawing attention.

Not saying this is not what happened, just that it is not an easy task and has a high degree of discovery.

Thank you for the insight and explanation.

I don't know why this did not occur to me before, but I wonder if the area around Voya was searched. It is a wooded industrial park type area and much of the loop road is empty with no industry currently in place. Seems like the actor might find it convenient knowing it is not patrolled and there would be no reason for anyone walking around back there until a site is ready for survey prior to construction. I did drive the area when she first went missing looking for the car. Hey FA Group. Might want to see if you can get permission to search that area and the Voya property.

Anna 1.jpg

Woods around Voya and Dunwoody broken up into Grid Search areas. Now is ideal while the undergrowth has not turned green.

After the recent discovery of Michelle Roode Boyd, I'm second guessing every case that involves comments that the MP was acting strangely. I really think the area her car was found needs a repeat search, but more thoroughly, by people who know what they are doing, and a wider radius.

Except for that text to her dad for his birthday..... I just can't help but revert back to that and boom, suddenly I'm all suspicious again.

Just FYI...the search that was planned for tomorrow has been postponed until April 8th due to snow still being on the ground. I truly hope that the search and vigil ACTUALLY do take place on April 8th, given that the last time a search was planned, it was postponed until the following weekend due to snow...but then it never happened and the FA page was never even updated to let people know. I know that snow is obviously not something that anyone can control, but here we are a year later, and I can't help but feel so discouraged that there has not been more searching done...and that searching was actually HIGHLY discouraged to the point of threats. I just don't get it.

Search and Vigil Postponed
till Sunday, April 8th

[Anna's Surname is Pronounced MOTT-chee-ESS-skuh]

https://www.facebook.com/events/1873004689423746/:

"Upon checking the areas we were planning to search tomorrow (3/25), late this afternoon (3/24),
they’re still heavily covered with snow.

We will postpone Anna’s Vigil and Search of this area until Sunday, April 8th, at the same time as
we originally planned, same meeting place.

Thank You to everyone for all of your help & dedication
to Finding Anna, and bringing Her family answers."

Finding Anna M:
https://www.facebook.com/FindingAnnaM/

18T = UTM Zone 18T
E = East / Easting
GPS = Global Position Satellite system
GPSAR = Greater Philadelphia Search & Rescue
IMO = In My Opinion
km = kilometer = 1,000 Meters / (0.62 Mile)
LE = Law Enforcement
LKL = Last Known Location
MSM = Main Stream Media
N = North / Northing
OMO = Only My Opinion
PERP = Perpetrator
PIO = Public Information Officer
POI = Person of Interest
PSP = Pennsylvania State Police
SAR = Search and Rescue
TOS = Terms of Service
UTM = Universal Transverse Mercator
W = West

[Post 5535
Thread 335715]

After the recent discovery of Michelle Roode Boyd, I'm second guessing every case that involves comments that the MP was acting strangely. I really think the area her car was found needs a repeat search, but more thoroughly, by people who know what they are doing, and a wider radius.

Except for that text to her dad for his birthday..... I just can't help but revert back to that and boom, suddenly I'm all suspicious again.

The State Police searched the area where the car was found. I would hope they know what they are doing.

Just FYI...the search that was planned for tomorrow has been postponed until April 8th due to snow still being on the ground. I truly hope that the search and vigil ACTUALLY do take place on April 8th, given that the last time a search was planned, it was postponed until the following weekend due to snow...but then it never happened and the FA page was never even updated to let people know. I know that snow is obviously not something that anyone can control, but here we are a year later, and I can't help but feel so discouraged that there has not been more searching done...and that searching was actually HIGHLY discouraged to the point of threats. I just don't get it.

The snow excuse was a total cop-out because a lot of it had melted already by the time the search was postponed. Now it's basically gone. IMHO, it would have been easier to walk on the compacted snow than through the mud.

I am back to my dumpster theory of disposal. Over the past few weeks, I have watched WAY too much TV (recovering from surgery) including the Investigation Discovery channel. I have learned of quite a few murders in which the body was placed in a dumpster and never found. The only way they learned where the body was placed was that the murderer confessed.

So much time passed before Anna was reported missing. Once word was out, construction dumpsters in the neighborhood (those that were still in place) were checked. There weren't very many and they were all cleared. But if I was dumping a body, I would look for a restaurant or food market dumpster. They are emptied several times per week and they are smelly. It would be easy to watch to learn the pickup schedule for a couple of restaurants and place the body after the place closed up on a night before the trash truck would be coming early in the morning.

There are a couple of shopping centers and strip malls within a couple of miles of the house. There are bars, grocery stores, meat markets...all sorts of places that have dumpsters filled with stuff than can get smelly. By the time she was reported missing, those dumpsters had probably all been emptied at least two times each.

Yes, it is risky that the trash haulers would notice, but it has apparently worked for murderers in the past. I think she was double-bagged, maybe even using heavy-duty contractors bags, and placed in a trash container that was emptied using a mechanical lift within 48 hours of her death, two weeks before anybody started looking for her.

I don't know why this did not occur to me before, but I wonder if the area around Voya was searched. It is a wooded industrial park type area and much of the loop road is empty with no industry currently in place. Seems like the actor might find it convenient knowing it is not patrolled and there would be no reason for anyone walking around back there until a site is ready for survey prior to construction. I did drive the area when she first went missing looking for the car. Hey FA Group. Might want to see if you can get permission to search that area and the Voya property.

I actually just drove through the Voya industrial park this evening, and definitely got an ill feeling. I have driven past this area hundreds of times on Phoenixville Pike, but had never actually driven through the industrial park. It looked as though there was a walking trail through the industrial park, but it was getting dark and my eyes could have been playing tricks. It looked like there would be plenty of hiding spots surrounding that area, as well as multiple (scary looking) culverts. It would be really nice to know if this area has been searched.

The State Police searched the area where the car was found. I would hope they know what they are doing.
If I recall, cadets searched not the whole state police team. I don't remember anymore.

One year ago tonight was the last time anyone actually spoke to Anna on the phone. :tears:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1