GUILTY PA - Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, 22, Germantown, 2 November 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hypothetical legal question: If the initial crime, in this case the kidnapping, happened in PA but subsequent crimes eg: robbery (and let's hope that's all) happen in another state, what happens in a court of law? Are they tried for all crimes in the initial originating state?

The courts where the crime is committed charge for that crime. At least in other cases that's what has happened.

I wonder if he followed (her) the bus, saw her get off, parked his car at the next street, and then approached her. He seems to have walked towards her at the perfect time after parking.

Or if she had carried a gun or pepper spray or stun gun or whistle.All women young and old should carry something.I carry a personal alarm when the pin is pulled sets off a painful sound to alert others and cause perp to flee.

Target carries several forms of protection,put one in a loved ones stocking at christmas.

Or if she had a bodyguard, an attack dog, a black belt in karate or just never left her house at all. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way but it comes across as victim blaming. She yelled, she dropped down and made the perp drag her, she punched and kicked the windows out. She was walking in a well lit area on a busy street with a BF waiting for her to check in. She went above and beyond what many of us do when it comes to personal safety. Maybe she did have peper spray, who knows!

I agree that all women should be vigilant and prepared but should've/could've's in hindsight aren't helpful. Carlesha is a fighter and from all accounts a very responsible young woman.

MOO

The ATM pics aren't hugely clear, but definitely clear enough to recognize the person if you already know them.

I just hope someone calls in with info, even if they feel its a betrayal to their friend/family member. He has already betrayed everyone he knows by taking her. I hope that the people with info do the right thing.

[modsnip]

http://instagram.com/p/u8sWA5A4-u/

Here's a link to victim's current FB...I think this is a different one than has been posted (only one photo and 2 liked groups, one of which is very interesting. It seems she locked her page down tight):
https://www.facebook.com/Carlesha1331?pnref=story. Not really a lot on her FB page other than a couple of reviews. One to a juice bar a week ago and almost a year ago she reviewed a Bar school (I'm wondering if she had any previous experience as a bartender? That would open her up to meet a whole slew of people).

On an added note...I took one for the team and clicked those groups (I really hope that doesn't show up in my feed. I have all my church family on my page. Ach, can you imagine talking your way out of that). Both are very unsavory pages and look to be hook up pages (I didn't delve into the local area). I did do the group's search feature and it does NOT look like Carlesha posted in either group. However, it does look like these are very old pages with hardly any activity on them. Maybe someone else can sleuth them further. It's possible a friend liked those pages, she received an invite to like, and blindly did so. I have a family member that likes every group I do...I have no idea why..lol.

I looked at that earlier. I noticed her half-sister and Mom are also members, and Carlesha was "added" by one of them. Made me think one of them was a mod of the sites.

looks quite feminine to me (NOT SAYING FEMALE, JUST FEMININE FEATURES AT FIRST GLANCE), perhaps just because of that little bit of this person's mouth we can see. Wonder wat is in the person's hands? More cards from a wallet? A slip of paper upon which the PIN is written?

Odd that he doesn't seem to bother changing clothes from 1-2 days ago.

IMO thugs aren't as smart as they think they are - he might have planned all of this to a tee but forgot to pack a change of totally different clothing. I have a feeling LE will be making an arrest very soon as someone out there HAS to know who he is. It would also be very interesting to hear what Carleysha's family say about this picture...is it of the guy that was stalking her??? Also, with $47,000 offered, I'm sure a lot of his "friends" will be contacting LE.

I agree that by morning, there will be an arrest, or drawing close to one IMO.

That freaking light in the corner is creating a terrible glare! I do think someone will recognize him though.

He doesn't look like to me, that he is distressed about the situation..He looks umm casual?

the motivation for this makes me very concerned. if his main aim was money and getting at her bag then why not just snatch it. or keep her in the car for as long as it took to get the pin number. on one hand the fact he's been able to access her account makes me hopeful she's still alive. but his aim must be more than 'just' robbery and this talk of someone with an obsession is terrifying. I've got no words at the moment for the actual video.

Where ever he went after the abduction, you would think he would have to stop for a light or stop sign and with the windows kicked out she could have yelled for help. Makes me think she was likely incapacitated in some way before he drove off. But then with ATM use I like to think she was able to provide her PIN. I just don't know what to think.

Still catching up. Do you guys think she recognises him in the video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member