DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now I am not thinking random
Nothing more than a feeling..I feel they had crossed paths before
JMO

This is a first draft with some information we know:

November 2 1:43pm-
It shows the person of interest walking into a Philadelphia supermarket. The date stamped on the video is November 2nd, the same day as the abduction.

110514-wpvi-grocery-store-abduction-suspect-img-2.jpg

110514-wpvi-grocery-store-abduction-suspect-img-1.jpg

http://6abc.com/news/new-video-shows-abduction-person-of-interest-in-market/378388/

November 2 9:30pm - abduction from 100 block of West Coulter Street

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsuY6zze1Zs&app=desktop

November 3 6:01am -
The videos were released after photos of the person of interest surfaced showing him using Freeland-Gaither's ATM at an Aberdeen, Maryland PNC Bank, located right off Interstate 95, police said. That's less than 8 hours after the abduction and some 70 miles south from the scene.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Reward-Germantown-Abduction-281446151.html

110414-wpvi-carlesha-abduction-ATM-pic-3.jpg

http://6abc.com/news/woman-tried-to-escape-kidnapper-in-germantown/378388/

November 3 ???am
Minutes later, the same man, dressed in a black jacket and hooded sweatshirt, was seen buying a drink at a nearby Shell gas station. FBI agents dusted for prints and released some of the clearest surveillance video yet of the man they're calling a person of interest in the case.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Reward-Germantown-Abduction-281446151.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1DMx3xc2iE

mod note: Folks- Please do not sleuth anyone who has not been named a POI especially family members.

I'm just shocked people are actually still using MySpace.

This is my first time posting so please excuse me it this has been mentioned before. To me it looks as if he has a slight limp due to cerebral palsy. My niece has the same type of gait due to CP and it reminds me of her.

mod note: Folks- Please do not sleuth anyone who has not been named a POI especially family members.

Thanks. Can you clarify something for us?
The guy in the video has been named by LE as a POI. If we are sleuthing to try to ID that person, that is acceptable, correct? The ones we are focusing on are NOT family members as far as I can tell.

I believe the mod note is directed to people from the press conference that may have been in question earlier.

The guy in the video has been named by LE as a POI. If we are sleuthing to try to ID that person, that is acceptable, correct? The ones we are focusing on are NOT family members as far as I can tell.

There is a POI, but his name has not been identified in MSM. TOS states only a POI that has been named can be sleuthed and family members are off limits.

To clarify, all of the people being mentioned with initials have NOT been identified as the POI or suspect. There is a POI, but we don't know that it is any of those people and WS doesn't allow sleuthing of people until they are named. What if it is not him?

He is a POI, but his name has not been identified in MSM. TOS states only a POI that has been named can be sleuthed and family members are off limits.

To clarify, all of the people being mentioned with initials have NOT been identified AA's the POI or suspect. There is a POI, but we don't know that it is any of those people and WS doesn't allow sleuthing of people until they are named. What if it is not him?

Right. AFAIK going through Carlesha's FB friends and then sleuthing them is not something we can post about here on WS unless they are identified in MSM. Even using initials.

Another thought...someone in the grocery store saw this guy and, after the kidnapping, remembered seeing him and called in a tip, so that's why LE reviewed the video.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a POI, but his name has not been identified in MSM. TOS states only a POI that has been named can be sleuthed and family members are off limits.

To clarify, all of the people being mentioned with initials have NOT been identified AA's the POI or suspect. There is a POI, but we don't know that it is any of those people and WS doesn't allow sleuthing of people until they are named. What if it is not him?

I think that there is a WSer chat room somewhere around here, where the rules are more lax (and the posts are not public). Sorry I don't have a link to it.

ETA: or I suppose you could do Private Messages to others involved in a certain topic to try to help you refine a possible tip to send along to LE.

This is the TOS and it includes friends and others.

Additionally, sleuthing family members or others that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...iquette-amp-Information&p=8364858#post8364858

To clarify, all of the people being mentioned with initials have NOT been identified as the POI or suspect. There is a POI, but we don't know that it is any of those people and WS doesn't allow sleuthing of people until they are named. What if it is not him?

I completely get that (and agree with it) when no POI has been identified, or if someone has been clearly named you can't sleuth others.
But I am a little foggy on what happens when LE actually posts a picture of a POI and is only missing the identification. Wouldn't that be a huge part of our role, to try to simply point out who might match the picture? (without going further)

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I completely agree with this. But--it is not a random accusation to say "hey, the guy whose picture has been posted by LE as the POI" looks an awful lot like this guy. I agree with not posting more than his initials, and the very loose connection. But isn't ID'ing a photo pretty important?

No we cannot just pick someone willynilly off a facebook just because they look like the POI.

No we cannot just pick someone willynilly off a facebook just because they look like the POI.

Okay, thanks for clarifying! I get the importance of that, since even direct witnesses are wrong ALL the time with identification.

The first thing we can address is how to defend yourself......against a 13 year old boy or grown man.

1.) Take the thumbs on each hand, and drive them into the guys eye sockets as deep as possible----instant blindness.

2.) Ball both of your fist up as tight as possible, bring both fist into the perps ears with as much force as humanly possible. You may have heard this referred to as "boxing someones ears". It causes instant disorientation and a huge amount of pain.

3.) Once again, ball your fist up as tight as possible. Hit the perp dead smack in the middle of the throat, somewhere in the vicinity of the adams' apple is good. Use as much force as you can possibly muster, you only get one shot at it. This will likely result in a tearing or collapes of the esophagus, the perp will immediatly start violently choking and his lungs will begin to fill with blood. Hanging on to your skinny butt will be the last thing on his mind.

4.) After doing one of the above............RUN !!!!!

As to the rest of your question:

As far as I've heard, her card was only used in Maryland thus far. I heard that the drive from where she was abducted to where he was seen at the bank is approx. 75 miles.

Do we have a separate thread for safety tips? I want to add this. If someone (male or anyone really ) approaches you for directions or a light and you're a female alone, don't let them get close. Even if you have to scream, "Back off!" It's not rude. No one should approach a lone female in a deserted area for a light, the time, directions, or "spare change."

Also, if someone demands your keys and or wallet, toss them as far as you can in one direction and run in the other direction. They'll likely go for the wallet, keys and not risk the chase.

Another, if walking on a sidewalk watch for those indented/recessed doorways in some businesses. Walk to the outside of the walkway, which leads me to the street topic.

If someone slows down to a slow roll behind or beside you while you're walking on a street or sidewalk, and is giving you the creeps as you're walking - turn completely around and run 180 in the opposite direction. It will take them time to turn the vehicle around and they may not bother.

And of course, scream "FIRE!" and scream the person's name if you know the person. Someone may hear it or a camera might catch it.

Bless her heart. Carlesha did everything right and still got taken. It's devastating. Breaking out the windows was brilliant because that flags his car to his friends and family and neighbors if he has any.

I hope someone gave her water because she's going on 72 hours. I hope she's alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CooperDeVille